Pop Century 50's pool

PAW PAW 70

Original Poster
Does anyone know if the pool by the 50's building has it's heater fixed? We are going in November and for the last two trips the heater did not work. It gets a little chilly and does not make for an enjoyable swim. Grandkids try but even for them water too cold.

Cmdr_Crimson

I'll be there in November as well! While I was there in January and my room faced the pool...I did recall seeing steam coming up during colder nights....If anything you can always ask at check in and find out.

JiminyandTink

I've always found it can be chilly in that pool at night in late-Sept and October, but I never thought that it may be a broken heater, I just assumed it wasn't a heated pool since it's Florida.

ToTBellHop

Pools are heated to be 82 degrees year round. There wasn't steam or anything like that but the water is heated.
I understand that, but the pools are not heated in the summer. That water is about 90 degrees from June through late September. Like the ocean around Florida in the summer. If you have stepped in a Disney pool in the summer as well as winter, you can tell the water is 82 in the winter and far warmer in the summer.

Ryan Toaddy

A pool will only be as warm as the overnight low. In the case of Disney World that would be about 75 degrees during the summer. Everything I have read says they maintain 82. Having been in the pool a week ago it was every bit 82, and personally I wish they would cool them off during the summer. I did not experience the moment when you step in a pool and the water is cooler than you think. I was a little bummed.:bored:

PAW PAW 70

Original Poster
The weather in November is very chilly in the evening. Kids look forward to a dip in the evening. Hope it heated for them. For me I need it to be 86 at least old body needs warm water!

ToTBellHop

A pool will only be as warm as the overnight low. In the case of Disney World that would be about 75 degrees during the summer. Everything I have read says they maintain 82. Having been in the pool a week ago it was every bit 82, and personally I wish they would cool them off during the summer. I did not experience the moment when you step in a pool and the water is cooler than you think. I was a little bummed.:bored:
A pool is as warm as the average daily temperature. Water has a very high specific heat and those pools never get below about 85 in the summer. Does the Gulf of Mexico cool to 75 degrees at night in September? Why do you think the pools "steam" in the morning? Because the water stays much warmer than the air. Trust me or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom