Bongos DTD

PrincessNelly_NJ

Yes.
We had the worst service that I've ever had at any restaurant at Bongos.
The food was good though.

We haven't ever gone back for dinner because the service was bad but we go now every trip on Friday nights for the live band and DJ. It turns into a mini nightclub and it really is a great time.

Alix26

Original Poster
Awww thanks guys for the honest opinions.
I love the look of the menu but I have heard about the service being poor lots of times! Which is highly off putting especially for Disney.
I love the idea of the mini nightclub, I turned 21 on my last trip but never went to a club so might give that a go.
Thanks.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I'm only 23. My friends and I had a wonderful time dancing and drinking at Bongos. They turn part of the restaurant into a dance floor and bouncers check ID at the door.
Drinks are pricey but strong. I think it is special for Friday & Saturday nights.

JCtheparrothead

Been there twice in two years and have had horrible service experiences both times. So angry last time (due to waiter coming to our table 3 times in 2 hours) i asked for the manager that came over and said he would fix the issue and never came back. Signed my slip for the dining plan and left...no tip. The waiters chased me out of the restaurant demanding a tip which did not happen and will never happen again.

DO NOT GO!

There my rant for the year.

Alix26

Original Poster
Thank you guys for your honest reviews. Seems everyone has had different experiences. HAHA JCtheparrothead hope you have calmed down, its absolutely appalling the way you were treated. I would not of tipped either and thats not because im British.

Disnee4Me

Was there in 2007 and our service was good, but it was mid-afternoon and not extremely busy. My family of four enjoyed the food and my DH and younger DS are fussy eaters. In fact I left my Disney Visa in there and ran back in when I realized and they had it up front, waiting for my return, so honest people too.:p

Alix26

Original Poster
Was there in 2007 and our service was good, but it was mid-afternoon and not extremely busy. My family of four enjoyed the food and my DH and younger DS are fussy eaters. In fact I left my Disney Visa in there and ran back in when I realized and they had it up front, waiting for my return, so honest people too.:p
Thank you for your review, we booked Bongos last year when we went for my 21st birthday but decided to go to Paradiso instead. That was awful. I see you have been to Rome in your picture! Was that on the Disney Med Cruise?

Alexis

Food is pretty good. Definitely better than Disney food thats for sure. Its a flare of Cuban food, nice environment.
I like it. Would recommend it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom