Pizza

Thumper14

Call me crazy, but I like the flatbreads at Pinocchio Village.
The seating is awesome.
You can choose to sit to see inside It's a Small World queue or sneak upstairs and sit out on the balcony to observe the Fantasy Land actions below. The later is my favorite.

I can hardly wait!  

rob0519

The Giordano's at 12151 S. APOPKA VINELAND RD. is just outside downtown Disney. It's the closest thing you will get to Chicago Style Pizza in Florida.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Try Via Napoli. It is very good pizza even though @rsoxguy wants a haggis pizza which is definitely subjective. Via Napoli is the closest I have had to a true Italian pie in the states and I am in no way saying the Via Napoli is the best in the states. Their Pizza is certainly not a NY thin style nor Chicago deep dish, but it a field all its own. It is thin crust cooked hot and fast and toppings are limited which is how it should be.

If anything, go to Via Napoli for the LaRossa beer.

There is no other decent pizza on WDW property. I haven't had much pizza off property and what I have had was an attempt @ NY style and it was ok at best.
NY Thin Style or Chicago Deep Dish is NOT authentic Italian pizza, though they are both very good. Via Napoli is our absolute favorite pizza, and a must do every trip!

mickey2008.1

Are there any places that deliver to the resorts that are good? We get in around 10:00 tonight and that is our best option as we have no car

PhilharMagician

Are there any places that deliver to the resorts that are good? We get in around 10:00 tonight and that is our best option as we have no car
Call your resort and maybe they will give you a safe option. Orlando is full of companies trying to rip you off.

Another option is to just look in the phone book when you get to your resort, but pay cash to the delivery person and never give out your credit card no matter what they tell you.

We have ordered pizza before and when we were staying @ AKL we had to go to the lobby to meet the delivery person since they are not allowed to deliver directly to rooms. This may be different in Mods and Values since they have exterior entrances.

mickey2008.1

Call your resort and maybe they will give you a safe option. Orlando is full of companies trying to rip you off.

Another option is to just look in the phone book when you get to your resort, but pay cash to the delivery person and never give out your credit card no matter what they tell you.

We have ordered pizza before and when we were staying @ AKL we had to go to the lobby to meet the delivery person since they are not allowed to deliver directly to rooms. This may be different in Mods and Values since they have exterior entrances.
I know the scams there, all these crappy pizza delivery places for big money, that's why I was hoping somebody knew of a good place, not the ones with flees all over the place

Gomer

Best you can find would be offsite. Book a flight to New York or New Haven.
Anywhere in NE NJ would work too. You can literally spit in any direction and have it land on excellent pizza. (Coincidentally, spit may be the secret ingredient that makes the pizza of the tri-state area so delicious)

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Anywhere in NE NJ would work too. You can literally spit in any direction and have it land on excellent pizza. (Coincidentally, spit may be the secret ingredient that makes the pizza of the tri-state ares so delicious)
Agreed. I really struggle with what they call "pizza" in Florida. It's roughly as bad as what they call "Chinese food" at WDW. Ick!

Cmdr_Crimson

If you are in the mood for real Chicago-style pizza (which is really not at all the same food as Italian pizza, despite having most of the same ingredients), I can highly recommend Giordano's, which has locations in Kissimmee and Lake Buena Vista -- only place outside of the Chicago area that chain has locations, and it's good stuff.

I have one 2 blocks from my house...And seeing the sign for it off of Vineland off property puts a smile on my face...It's Really good Chi-town Pizza!

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I have one 2 blocks from my house...And seeing the sign for it off of Lakeland off property puts a smile on my face...It's Really good Chi-town Pizza!
It is indeed. I live in the Chicago area and, frankly, I prefer Giordano's to just about all Chicago-style pizza, even though it is a chain!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom