Sea Raycer tips

DeBenson

Original Poster
I had the vacation package with the discount voucher for the Sea Raycer. You get 90 minutes for the price of 60 minutes ($45 for an hour when I was there). The Sea Raycers are extremely fun! I rented one behind the Contemporary Resort by the pool and had a blast.

Another suggestion, do not take a camera or video cam. First, you sign that you will not take one, but second, I took one and it got destroyed from the water that sprays up. :hammer:

LiveyMouse22

The Sea Raycers are great recreational activities if you have time while in WDW. A few tips I'd like to share :):
1) Make sure to pick a good location to grab your Sea Raycer from so that you will be able to see a lot on your ride. They are available at many different resorts.
2) Don't get too close to the sides of the water because they stop if you do, probably for safety reasons and if yours stops working you have to wait for a guard to come out and fix your Raycer. (It happened to me, I got stuck and when my family came to help me they got stuck also :lol:). It's a burden so make sure to stay in more away from the sides.
3) Stay away from the boats passing through. Just like a street or road there is one side where you are supposed to be on and the other side is for boats or Raycers going in the opposite direction. (I also got a little too excited and went it to far to the middle and thank goodness I got out of the way but there were a couple of frustrated boat members passing by :p).
4) WEAR SUNTAN LOTION! I got a pretty funny farmer's tan while on my ride and was made fun of by my family and noticed by a lot of people including some WDW cast members. :eek: Always be prepared and bring it along to reapply while on the Raycers if you need to.
When you rent the Raycers the cast members go over rules and how to drive it but these were just a few tips I decided to share from my experience. :animwink:

scottnj1966

Many areas of WDW have these "mouse" boats.
I recommend getting one on the seven seas or bay lake.

Reason, Governor is not set as low as anywhere else. They can get up and go. Anywhere else the speed is really set low, like boardwalk or port orleans to name a few.

Courtney6682

I like to call them floating death traps lol...I let my then 13 yr old daughter drive and hated every minute of it. I'm sure they're fun otherwise;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom