Driving Electric Car to DLP?!

Kat&Luke

Original Poster
Hi all
smiley.gif
so hope someone can help?!

We are planning to drive to DLP in January, however I have a fully electric car. Has anyone here driven an electric car from UK to DLP and know what the charging availability is like in FR?

Thankyou so much in advance for all your help
smiley.gif

Kat

tamotu99

My personal recommendation is dont, until the range is increased dramatically, the charging process is sped up and the places to charge are as clearly marked and as frequent as regular petrol station then driving long distances in EV causes additional stress, hassle and delays, particularly if you are planning on doing it abroad as well, i would recommend just hiring a regular vehicle if you only have an EV and are set on driving

having said that if you are determined to then you will need to do some serious research and planning, and probably phoning ahead to your locations to confirm, as far as i am aware there are no facilities in dover or on any cross channel transport such as the ferry or train, therfore as soon as you get to france you are going to want to be charging, and your best bet here is the Renault garage in calais.

When you get to Disney, the Disneyland hotel, Hotel New York, Sequioa Lodge and Newport Bay have electric charigning facilites, as does the main car park, however i would recommend one of the hotels because you then have a 50% chance of finding a cast member that understands the EV charging and where the equipment is as opposed to no chance in the main car park

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom