Magic Band first entry to park

Just_Karma

Original Poster
I've been to Disney World a few times however this year is the first year I will get to experience the Magic band.

We are staying on property (Animal Kingdom Lodge) and as we will receive our magic bands when we check in as they are not sent to us as we are in the UK. So all good so far.

Next we go to our first park and use our first day of our 14 day day ticket which is already linked to Mydisney and our Magic band.....what happens next.

1. Is there some type of intial registration of the user/guest that takes place on first entrry. Like they used to do with the previous ticket system which also required photo id, carry passports and finger print scans etc.?
  2. Do we just tap in, and finger print scan and off we go?
  3. Do we just tap in and no scans no id no thing else?
Anyone who has stayed on property, would be great to hear from you what the process is when you enter a park for the first time/day of your vacation.

Nero the dog

You scan your band and walk in.
It's so straight forward after all the bag checks and the experience of previous trips, you feel as if something else should happen, but it doesn't.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Is there not a finger print scan or photo id required the first time you enter the parks.

There is still a finger scan, you only do one finger now. I found the best way to do this is to do your band with one hand and pointer/index finger with the other hand at the exact same time. Technically they could ask for an ID if they want you should always have one with you just in case but it's not likely to be asked for.

Rob562

To speed up the process, place your finger on the pad as soon as you scan your Band/card. Don't wait for the pad to light up. Always use the same finger, and just lay it on the glass, don't press down too hard.

-Rob

TB4244

I was wondering about this one too as this year will be our first experience of magic bands. So in essence its no different from just having a normal ticket really? Except the additional extras you can store on it of course.

Tink28

A UK question - were your park tickets automatically linked on my experience, my hotel details are there but no park tickets linked? (I am a long way out, trip in next Nov)

CAPTAIN HOOK

A UK question - were your park tickets automatically linked on my experience, my hotel details are there but no park tickets linked? (I am a long way out, trip in next Nov)
If you've booked a package deal with a UK company, then yes they will be. If I remember correctly my tickets showed on my MDE about a week after I'd made the booking

Rob562

One additional note about entering the parks using Bands...

If you have a *package* reservation that includes tickets, you must first check into your hotel before you can access the tickets via MagicBand.

If you've bought tickets separately (or presumably in some cases if you booked through a travel agent and they purchased the tickets separately rather than a package) and then linked them to your MDE profile, you can enter the parks at any time, even before checking in at your hotel.

-Rob

TB4244

If you've booked a package deal with a UK company, then yes they will be. If I remember correctly my tickets showed on my MDE about a week after I'd made the booking

Yes ours are as well. Tickets, dining plan etc are all stored on the magic band as we booked as a package.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom