So who is left alive that would remember Walt the most?

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Just got me thinking. Obviously Lillian has passed away. Sharon several years ago. Diane is the most recent one who passed away and she shared a lot of insight into her father. Roy Disney Jr. died in 2009. Most if not all of the old animators have passed haven't they? Guys like Floyd Norman are left but I'm not sure how much personal interaction he had with Walt. The Sherman Brothers have passed haven't they?

Even others like Art Linkletter, Ronald Reagan even.

Annette Funiciello passed away last year too.

Honestly, how many people are alive right now in the public eye (or his family members) who knew Walt very well? His grandchildren living at the time weren't very old when he died.

Just wondering if there was a person alive today who could personally speak about Walt as a person and know him very well, who would it be? Is Ron Miller (Diane's husband) still alive?

Matt_Black

Tommy Kirk is still alive, though I doubt he'd have nice things to say considering why he stopped making films for Walt.

sponono88

Just got me thinking. Obviously Lillian has passed away. Sharon several years ago. Diane is the most recent one who passed away and she shared a lot of insight into her father. Roy Disney Jr. died in 2009. Most if not all of the old animators have passed haven't they? Guys like Floyd Norman are left but I'm not sure how much personal interaction he had with Walt. The Sherman Brothers have passed haven't they?

Even others like Art Linkletter, Ronald Reagan even.

Annette Funiciello passed away last year too.

Honestly, how many people are alive right now in the public eye (or his family members) who knew Walt very well? His grandchildren living at the time weren't very old when he died.

Just wondering if there was a person alive today who could personally speak about Walt as a person and know him very well, who would it be? Is Ron Miller (Diane's husband) still alive?

One of my favorite events at last year's D23 Expo was the Working With Walt panel. It was a discussion panel with Bob Gurr, Marty Sklar, X Atencio, and Alice Davis -- all sharing their own personal memories of Walt and what it was like to work with him. It was a real treat to get to see them and listen to their stories. True Disney legends on that stage!

So yeah, there's quite a few people still around who knew Walt well and worked with him in the early days of WED.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom