Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
BxyMcUhIAAAY4DK.jpg

StarWarsGirl

We have a hot tub at home (Hubby's $15K actual Jacuzzi brand - ugh) which I use once or twice a year - max.

He's smart enough not to nag me about not using it. I told him from the get-go that I'm not a fan and would seldom get in.
My dad used it a lot before he got sick, so that makes me feel it wasn't a total waste.

I seldom use ours, but with my chronic bladder issues, you couldn't pay me enough to use a public one.
Understandable when you have an issue like that. I wish we had a good hot tub here. My mom's bath tub has the jets, but they're at your feet and at the corner of your back. However, I used it a lot while they were away in January.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Oh dear, now I'm embarrassed to admit that the dotted rug came out of my own bedroom, and was specifically placed there to hide an ink stain in the carpet.
On the creative side though, I did expressly buy the dotted pillow.

The Mr. Potato Heads are mine. I go bat-ship crazy every year at Once Upon a Toy, spending almost an hour hand picking my special pieces, and cramming (and re-cramming) them into my big potato head.
I have to dig up the rest of my collection, and put together a Donald and a Pirate Goofy.

Hey, there's nothing wrong about repurposing an item, such as a scatter rug. Not only does it work well with the theme of the room, but serves a dual purpose to hide the ink stain beneath it! As for part 2 of your post about the Mr. Potato Heads: (at the end of your quote; I just fixed the spelling for you: and put together a Donald and a Pirate [COLOR=#5900b3]@Goofyernmost[/COLOR] .) :joyfull:

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

@Goofyernmost - please read. Thoroughly. Paying particular attention to Point #3.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/09/16/canadian-untrue-stereotypes_n_5824220.html#slide=start

Please and thank you.
OK, I read it about three times and no where does it say that it isn't a Canadian national way of pronouncing about. "Aboot or Aboat", still the same. Regardless, of ones heritage, the British influence is there for all citizens, eh.

We're Saying 'Aboot'... Let's put this to rest once and for all. The way in which Canadians say "about" comes from our British ancestors, and it's actually way closer to "aboat" than "aboot." According to an interview with linguist Charles Boberg in the Ottawa Citizen, this sound is known as "Canadian raising," and happens when the "ou" comes before sounds that have no vocal cord vibration (or "voiceless" sounds), like "t" in out.

Oh, yea... one other thing. Quebec is the only place where one can get Real Maple Syrup? I somehow think that Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine and New York would beg to differ.

Isn't that aboat right?;)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I love hot tubs. My dad and I have always gone down to the hot tub at night for our winter trips to WDW. I kind of got into the habit even more so after my car accident right before Senior year. My back was badly injured and I was not yet ready for physical therapy. We were in Disney. I didn't care how hot it was outside; that hot tub felt amazing on my back.

Disney does a very good job of putting vacuums (dolphins) in all their pools to clean them. They check their chemicals on a schedule. Best bet with any hot tubs in entering when they are very crowded as the balance starts to become 'off.' I love hot tubs but I'm very careful of what hot tubs I get into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom