Tickets Question

bchbm2022

So I have a question regarding tickets for my upcoming trip in May. We are taking a shorter trip as Im a grad student paying for the whole thing so the budget is limited. We were going 4 day ticket no park hopper, then have 2 days to spend in MK, and then 2 Days at Epcot where one would be spent at future world and the other world showcase to try drinks from each country. With my mom's working advantage program, we can get a 4 day ticket plus 1 free for $298 I believe and then would use the 5th day to go to MGM for star wars weekends, and Im a huge star wars fan. However, theres an offer for DVC members, which my parents are, for 4 day ticket for $199. However, theres no park hopper and you cant repeat parks. Therefore, we wouldn't be able to spend the time we wanted to in Magic Kingdom. I know the answer may be blantantly obvious especially if I'm trying to save money, but its still a hard decision as it changes our plans entirely. Advice or opinions are very much appreciated! I apologize for any bad grammar or punctuation, I'm at work and typing fast.

Bocko57

If you truly are a big Star Wars Fan and you really want to do Star Wars Weekend, I would do the 4 days + 1 day free for $298. If you are still not sure, you can still go with 4 day for $199 and if you decide before the ticket prices go up in 2015, you can buy a 1 day Studios ticket (including tax) for $100.11. So if you did it that way you would end up spending $1.11 more than the $298 choice.

Upvote 0

BrianV

If you want two days in MK and two in Epcot, buy what you want and economize elsewhere. The four days at four parks is only good if you want to go to all four parks.

That said, it looks like you go frequently to wdw. So if you were to buy the cheaper ticket, you can go again to MK or Epcot in 2016 while at the polynesian villas.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bchbm2022

Original Poster
ITs tough. I was sitting here thinking how much fun it would be to just enjoy world showcase at a leisurely pace and get a beer from each country. But then I think about how if I did the cheap ticket I can get on Expedition Everest. Our trip last year we planned to get to World Showcase through the international gateway entrance around 11 and spend the whole day, but then that day we planned on doing that, we got the email for be our guest and made the reservation for 12 and then went on a few rides at MK. By the time we got to Epcot, it was I want to say around 5 with all the transportation. (We thought it be better to go from MK to Yacht Club and take the boat but it took forever). We got to enjoy Canada, UK, and Japan, then had to get our fast pass for Mission Space. By the time we knew it, we had to get ready for Illuminations. Luckily I was able to quickly get on Maelstrom one last time. This is what is making it hard because I would have to again put off those plans. We aren't going with the Dining Plan as we don't eat all that food, especially the desserts with quick service, so that is a saving there. Just weighing my options at this point and of course have to discuss with my parents who I'm taking for their 35th anniversary. Coronado is definitely more than a value, but I wanted it to be a more adult hotel. Not to say the values are bad as Ive been to pop and all star music and loved them, but I wanted it to be special for my parents. So that cost me a little extra. I really wish this DVC ticket let you repeat parks cause it would be perfect.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom