What did you do?

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Sorry I've been away...been a crazy stretch of running for me.

Completed my 3rd Tough mudder last weekend (will likely be my last)
Yesterday, ran a 5k local race with my wife and 8 year old daughter....in which she placed in her division :)
This week, I'll run the Brewers 1/2 Marathon to complete a crazy month of September.

AUPr8Hd

Happy Monday morning!

The last minute decision on Talladega Half was a mixed bag. The course is pretty flat and fast with a couple rolling hills and inclines. But, not too bad. However, this course can be mentally tough as you see the same areas on multiple occasions as well as hearing the PA announcer starting at about mile 7.

Finish time of 2:24:36. Overall, I am okay with the results. I PR'ed by just over 2 minutes. I'm in the early stages of half training for W&D, as well as tossing in Goofy training now. So my long run mileage is still "low" for where it should be. Pacing was good for the first 8 miles or so. Then started to break it up more after that. Mile 11-13 were very tough mentally as you circle the apron of the track. Plus, the warmish beer I grabbed right before mile 11 didn't sit well. I was hoping for ICE COLD. :oops:

dreamfinder

Sat was 6.2@.5 incline, started at 7:24 pace, negative splits on the miles til 5, then on 200 til 6, than 100 til 6.2 Along with a 1/2 w/u & c/d.
Sun was 11.1@1 incline, 7:30 pace til 8, then neg splits on the mile and at 10, 10.25, 10.5, 10.75 and 11. 1/2 w/u & c/d.

Plus, the warmish beer I grabbed right before mile 11 didn't sit well. I was hoping for ICE COLD. :oops:

Eww. Reasons why I save mine for post race...

JillC LI

NYRR 18 Mile Marathon Tuneup.
This was an 18 mile race, not a training run.

I always thought this was a training run when I received the NYRRC emails about it. Interesting. Nice job.

As for me, 7.1 miles on Saturday morning. So cool and comfortable, it felt like Fall was here already.

I have gotten in the habit of allowing our puppy to run the last block or two of our walks back to the house. She loves it, and I have to do quite a sprint to keep up with her on the leash. So can I count that towards my weekly mileage if I do it several times per day? (~100 feet x 3 per day x 7 days = ~2100 feet (a little under a half mile at top speed!) LOL

OG Runner

I have been down for the last 6 days. I think I pinch a nerve in my back. Pretty bad pain on the right side of my back. When I last ran my legs felt dead. Really not happy.

Kristia

This weekend had a great 9 mile run. We both felt good and kept a decent pace for a long one! I think our average pace was 11:15 m/mile and that was with a few walk/water breaks.

Had a really rough day yesterday. My friend just retired and went to Colorado for a month. I have her elderly cat since she needs thyroid meds and she wasn't sure her mom was up to giving the kitty meds (mom has her other 2 cats). I was worried since the cat was older that something might happen while she was gone....and it did. She was fine all last week and then this weekend she was not really wanting to eat. Sunday night, she started eating and I thought all was fine. Wake up Monday morning and her back legs are all swollen. I take her to the vet and vet thinks swelling is caused by a tumor which is blocking the drainage of lymphatic fluid. After a phone consult with the vet, my friend decides to have her put to sleep. I found out it doesn't matter if it is your own pet or someone else's, it is just as hard. :( She was sweet kitty and I knew her very well. My friend was devastated she wasn't there to say goodbye. Very sad day.

LindsayLoves

5.23 miles at 9:09/mile.

As of this week there are a lot more people out at 5am, I guess people are starting to take this fall marathon seriously with only a few weeks to go for most major races. Seeing so many people makes me feel like I am running super late even though its still dark as dark can be.

@Kristia - oh no that is definitely everyone's worse fear as a pet owner/temporary pet guardian, sorry you had to go through that.

imagination30

today was a day of first in a while , so this was my first day to run a in a while , andi wasn't looking for pace , I was just looking for miles.. , bc I have a 5k coming u p in a few weeks and I signed up for 2015 St Jude Half in Nashville again . as a hero. , but I did 2.90 with a nice cool breeze it was awesome! ... I love that fall will soon be here!

a2grafix

2.7 miles Monday late morning through Downtown Memphis in about 30 minutes. Near 79, humid but not oppressively humid. Just had to squeeze in a quick run.

Feel better @Edward Jackson . I had sciatic nerve pain in my left lower spine spring / summer of 2010. Know what you are experiencing. Had two outpatient procedures, slept on a yoga matt on the hard floor because it sucked everywhere else. You'll get better. Take care of yourself.

Last edited:

LindsayLoves

Yasso 800 x 9
1.18mi w/u, 9x800m repeats average 3:39 (7:18/mi pace), resting intervals of 2 minutes between each set and 1.31mi c/d to round it out to 8 miles for the morning.

My legs are still sore/tired from the 18 miles on Sunday so even during my warmup I did not think this run was going to be successful. I broke it up into three different sets with a change of location for the middle set which made the workout far less daunting mentally. Only one more session of 800s left for this training cycle, I think I might be starting to like these things...

AUPr8Hd

Legs were feeling good after Sunday's half, so I decided to do Crossfit yesterday morning and run last night. Let's just say it wasn't exactly pleasant. The squats weren't too bad as I didn't really push it too much. But, the run was a completely different story. Legs felt heavy and unresponsive. So, I cut it short and will take another rest day today. Speed work tomorrow night.

Kristia

Better day yesterday overall except my run was tough. Did 3 miles and just never hit a groove. Maybe I am still recovering from the 9 miler on the weekend. 10:30/mile pace but couldn't seem to get my breathing down and it felt like I was sucking wind almost the entire time. Hope tonight's run is better.

Mr mom

Got a call yesterday, it is official I will have a my surgery done on October 1st. I was worried I might not be able to fly as I have a conference to go to a few days later but the surgeon says it may hurt like hell in a pressurized plane but it is safe. Hopefully I will be running in mid November if all goes well. Gotta give my Hokas a proper workout.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom