Pizza

TB4244

Original Poster
Can any of you lovely people out there recommend a good restaurant for pizza? I'm not talking the qs pizza and fries or a fast-good chain, I mean proper Italian pizza as I don't think I've ever had one before.

I'd prefer a location on property but I'd certainly consider offsite as well.

Thanks!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Can any of you lovely people out there recommend a good restaurant for pizza? I'm not talking the qs pizza and fries or a fast-good chain, I mean proper Italian pizza as I don't think I've ever had one before.

I'd prefer a location on property but I'd certainly consider offsite as well.

Thanks!
Via Napoli at Epcot!!! We have to eat there at least once every trip!! The pizza with prosciutto and cantaloupe (add extra cheese) is a must! I know it sounds weird and we thought the same until we tried it but it is sooooo good! Also the other pizzas are delicious too. :)

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Via Napoli actually has the true Italian pizza, which isn't all that common in the US.

If you are in the mood for real Chicago-style pizza (which is really not at all the same food as Italian pizza, despite having most of the same ingredients), I can highly recommend Giordano's, which has locations in Kissimmee and Lake Buena Vista -- only place outside of the Chicago area that chain has locations, and it's good stuff.

Last edited:

PhilharMagician

Try Via Napoli. It is very good pizza even though @rsoxguy wants a haggis pizza which is definitely subjective. Via Napoli is the closest I have had to a true Italian pie in the states and I am in no way saying the Via Napoli is the best in the states. Their Pizza is certainly not a NY thin style nor Chicago deep dish, but it a field all its own. It is thin crust cooked hot and fast and toppings are limited which is how it should be.

If anything, go to Via Napoli for the LaRossa beer.

There is no other decent pizza on WDW property. I haven't had much pizza off property and what I have had was an attempt @ NY style and it was ok at best.

rsoxguy

Try Via Napoli. It is very good pizza even though @rsoxguy wants a haggis pizza which is definitely subjective.

I want to party with you, cowboy.
hqdefault.jpg

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Good pizza and great beer, that sounds like a perfect combination. I'll pass on the haggis though.
Oh and they have some delicious appetizers AND a really tasty gelato for desert! DH always gets the Pistachio and I always get the Vanilla. :hungry:

Phonedave

Again - Via Napoli

I like their pizza very much - it is similar to what a few places around here make (Northern NJ). Most places make your normal "NY Style" pizza, but a few that use coal or wood fired pizza ovens make ones very much like Via Napoli. Fuel does make a difference - burning gas creates a load of water vapor, wood and coal, not as much. That's why you can't do certain things on a gas grill that you can do on charcoal.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom