FYI - OCSO Running Radar in Parking Lots

FutureWorld1982

They do this even at the exit of the CM parking lot at Epcot. They are parked at the light looking if you stop at the "STOP" signs. Yes, people should ALWAYS respect the law and stop where they have to, but it's still sad that they are focusing so much on fining Cast Members. Not good at all. Still, the law is the law.

s8film40

I don't recall a lot of speeding cases--who hires a lawyer to fight that?--but I have seen a few DUI in a parking lot or on a private road cases. If it's open to the public, you lose.
Disney owned roadways and parking lots are not open to the public, they have signs stating this posted at every unattended entrance.

Goofyernmost

They do this even at the exit of the CM parking lot at Epcot. They are parked at the light looking if you stop at the "STOP" signs. Yes, people should ALWAYS respect the law and stop where they have to, but it's still sad that they are focusing so much on fining Cast Members. Not good at all. Still, the law is the law.
Focusing on CM's? What does a CM have an exemption from following the laws or rules of safety? If CM's are doing the speeding, that is the focus regardless of title. If it is happening in or around the cast parking lots, what else would they be focusing on?

Although there are many exceptions, I'm sure, the guests are logically less likely to be speeding since they are trying to find their way around.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Here's a quick update as I just had to run an errand to the studios…

What they are doing is enforcing the speed on that perimeter road that goes around the studios parking lot. It's a 15 mile an hour zone. And I don't know about you but I can't do 15 miles an hour… 20 is as slow as I can go & still put any weight on the gas pedal…

Anyways you had two cops set up, with one of them standing on the right in the bushes with a radar gun.

So that's what's going on.

RayTheFirefly

What they are doing is enforcing the speed on that perimeter road that goes around the studios parking lot. It's a 15 mile an hour zone. And I don't know about you but I can't do 15 miles an hour… 20 is as slow as I can go & still put any weight on the gas pedal…

Anyways you had two cops set up, with one of them standing on the right in the bushes with a radar gun.

My car idles faster than 15... :cautious:

Tinkrbell

Where abouts were they sitting at studios? (By the end of the cast lot, by the tram lane, etc?)

ksyfumedland

It is a bit odd to think they are doing this in parking lots
9n.jpg

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Where abouts were they sitting at studios? (By the end of the cast lot, by the tram lane, etc?)

Along the perimeter road as you exit, just past where you would turn left to park assuming you had come in from World Drive. Basically, people leaving. Just past the tram lane.

One on the left, with a radar gun and a radio and one on the right, in the bushes/along the guard rail.

TheRabbit

Along the perimeter road as you exit, just past where you would turn left to park assuming you had come in from World Drive. Basically, people leaving. Just past the tram lane.

One on the left, with a radar gun and a radio and one on the right, in the bushes/along the guard rail.
Just a thought...they repaved the Studios parking and I noticed they removed the speed bumps on the perimeter. This could be the reason for the temporary increase in speeding there. If they have since replaced the speed bumps, disregard this.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Just a thought...they repaved the Studios parking and I noticed they removed the speed bumps on the perimeter. This could be the reason for the temporary increase in speeding there. If they have since replaced the speed bumps, disregard this.

I didnt even notice that the speed bumps were gone. But youre right, now that I think on it.

Either way, its an issue that cast and guests alike should be aware of.

TheRabbit

I didnt even notice that the speed bumps were gone. But youre right, now that I think on it.

Either way, its an issue that cast and guests alike should be aware of.
I agree, but wow...drive that perimeter with no speed bumps...its real easy to get up to 30-40mph. lol

jaklgreen

I think people everywhere go way too fast in parking lots. Think of it in terms of a parent. I have seen many small kids escape from their parents and run off in a parking lot. Now imagine if one came out in front of you and you were going to fast to stop. Please all think about that next time you speed through. IMO 20 is even too fast for a busy parking lot. And its not just children. An elderly lady walked out in front of me because she was parked next to a huge SUV and did not look to see if anyone was coming. I did not see her either, but I was able to stop because I was only going about 15 mph. I would not want to kill or injure someone because I did not want to take a few extra seconds to get out of a parking lot.

RayTheFirefly

I think people everywhere go way too fast in parking lots. Think of it in terms of a parent. I have seen many small kids escape from their parents and run off in a parking lot. Now imagine if one came out in front of you and you were going to fast to stop. Please all think about that next time you speed through. IMO 20 is even too fast for a busy parking lot. And its not just children. An elderly lady walked out in front of me because she was parked next to a huge SUV and did not look to see if anyone was coming. I did not see her either, but I was able to stop because I was only going about 15 mph. I would not want to kill or injure someone because I did not want to take a few extra seconds to get out of a parking lot.
20 is too fast? With the amount of people in Disney's parking lots, at 20 mph they would never get empty...

Tater48

It's not just in the parking lots.......They need to be running radar on Seven Seas Drive, now that they have taken off all the speed humps. Between the speeders and the people who insist on crossing against the new crosswalk light, they could get writers cramp.

jaklgreen

20 is too fast? With the amount of people in Disney's parking lots, at 20 mph they would never get empty...

In the aisles where the cars are parked then 20 is too fast, especially in a tourist area where there are a ton of kids. Now the side roads that you use to get in and out of a parking lot then 20-25 is fine. I really don't think that and extra 5mph faster is going to make that big of a difference on your time getting out of the parking lot. How much are you going to be delayed if you hit someone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom