Announcement Warning Points and Bans

CAPTAIN HOOK

I may be missing something, but I don't think it was a proposal. Proposals ask for feedback or responses. I believe that was simply communicating what IS, not suggesting something that might eventually be.
If a thread is open then there is the capacity for a member of these boards to comment about it, or in plain English, to provide feedback or a response to it. If the thread is closed the ability to provide that feedback or response is no longer there.
I'm sorry that you didn't like my chosen phrase

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
If a thread is open then there is the capacity for a member of these boards to comment about it, or in plain English, to provide feedback or a response to it. If the thread is closed the ability to provide that feedback or response is no longer there.
I'm sorry that you didn't like my chosen phrase
I just didn't want there to be a misunderstanding about whether the policy was already in place, or was merely being considered. Goal was to help, not criticize.

Nemo14

@wdwmagic - Steve, just to clarify, the actual warnings and points will be done by you or Marcia or Beth, correct? Then after the 4th warning, the system automatically temporarily bans the poster?

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
So these WDWMagic Bans similar to WDW magic bands?
golfclap01kq5.gif

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
While I think this is to get people to self edit before they click post, this runs the risk of people not posting at all out of fear.
If someone is afraid to post because they cannot write folks in a civil tone using family friendly language, then it's likely that the discussion is ok without that comment.
I will likely have to take time to think if a joke is really appropriate or not before I hit post, but I should probably do that anyway.

Ranch Dressing

If someone is afraid to post because they cannot write folks in a civil tone using family friendly language, then it's likely that the discussion is ok without that comment.
I will likely have to take time to think if a joke is really appropriate or not before I hit post, but I should probably do that anyway.

In a perfect world that works. This is not perfect.

These threads and posts get passionate, and while I believe most people get caught up in the heat of the moment to get their point or agenda across sometimes those points can appear condescending or outright rude. It happens, no big deal. Unfortunately with this banning system now in place, people will think twice before posting, or worse not post at all. Im not saying this new system is wrong, far from it, it just should have stayed in the staff room.

What happens when someone gets three demerits? You dont think they stop posting here and possibly go elsewhere with the chance of not returning? You can make excuses like each situation will be looked at seperately because then it can look as if people are playing favorites if one person gets away with something another one dont. People are not stupid and will notice.

Im not purposely trying to be conflictive, Im just playing devils advocate.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

These threads and posts get passionate, and while I believe most people get caught up in the heat of the moment to get their point or agenda across sometimes those points can appear condescending or outright rude. It happens, no big deal. Unfortunately with this banning system now in place, people will think twice before posting, or worse not post at all. Im not saying this new system is wrong, far from it, it just should have stayed in the staff room.

What happens when someone gets three demerits? You dont think they stop posting here and possibly go elsewhere with the chance of not returning? You can make excuses like each situation will be looked at seperately because then it can look as if people are playing favorites if one person gets away with something another one dont. People are not stupid and will notice.

Yes you are....

Nemo14

and you're the only one who thinks that way.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

The rules of this forum have not changed one bit. The TOS have always been in place and I think that Steve is being more than fair. I have been here long enough to see him ban people and it was always after multiple warnings.

In fact a couple of bannings were EPIC moments in WDWMagic history.

He is just spelling it out in plain language for those who can't seem to keep themselves in check.

The Mom

Premium Member

Quite frankly, if someone has gotten 3 warnings in less than a month, and still insists upon posting in the same fashion, I would welcome him (or her) going elsewhere and never returning.

The warning system has been in place for years. This is just making it clear that 4 warnings will get you a temporary ban. So there is no question of "How many warnings can I get before being banned?" The ban is automatic after 4 in less than a month.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
As I understand it, the only thing this announcement has done is clarified and standardized the enforcement of existing practices around people breaking the long existing Terms of Service that we all agree to abide by when posting on this site.
Standard, automatic punishment for repeated offenses that are clear to posters and mods alike. Not changeable due to a poster's history (or lack thereof), but consistent across the board.
I'd much rather have that then a unknown system where folks can assume that some posters get preferential treatment for one reason or another.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
@wdwmagic - Steve, just to clarify, the actual warnings and points will be done by you or Marcia or Beth, correct? Then after the 4th warning, the system automatically temporarily bans the poster?
Assuming 1 point per warning, it would take 4 warnings before the ban is automatically actioned by the warning system. Depending on the severity of the poster's infringement, there may be more than 1 point per warning.

So for example, if 2 points were given in a warning, and the poster received two of those warnings, the 4 points for a ban would be reached in just two posts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom