Fast Pass+ Questions and Linking Third Party Tickets to MDE

SpaceMtn#1

Original Poster
Hi, I have a few questions about Fast Pass+ as I have never used this new system before. I'm sorry if these have been asked before. We are staying offsite, going for 9 days October 19-27. We are going to have Park Hopper tickets. It will be me, my husband, and our 1 year old.

1) I'm buying our tickets through Undercover Tourist. We haven't got around to buying them yet, but I just realized we might need them very soon in order to link them to MDE in time for our 30 day window. Does anyone know if you need the tickets in hand to link them to MDE? Or does Undercover Tourist give you the info you need to link them in an email as soon as they are purchased?

2) My understanding is that technically we only need one fast pass for a ride that we will be using a child swap on, correct? So for example we can get a fast pass for Space Mountain on my band, and a fast pass for Splash Mountain on my DH's band, and we both get to ride both due to using child swap?

3) I'm assuming that for those staying off property the 30 day window opens at midnight just like the 60 day window for those staying on property. Is that right?

4) In your opinion, are the fast passes for shows, parades, and fireworks worth it? We of course love all the shows but DH and I have seem them all several times and we really would only be interested in fast passes for them if it would give our toddler an advantage in viewing them.

5) Kind of not related but what's the current situation with BOTB restaurant? We don't have dinner reservations so we would love to eat there for lunch but I'm so confused about that. It sounds like you can book fast passes for lunch but only for those staying on property? Did they bring back the stand-by line for us poor folk or are they still giving out return times? I'm thinking it's going to be next to impossible to eat there...

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

CAPTAIN HOOK

1) If Undercover Tourist will provide you with the ticket serial numbers you don't need them in your possession to link them
2) No, if your doing a child swap as a FP+ then you'll BOTH need FP+ to experience the attraction, otherwise you'll be cheating the system
3) Yes, as far as I'm aware
4) Never used FP+ but I won't be using it for parades etc
5) ??

DVCPluto

2) We don't have a child to swap, since the little stinker is too big and actually wants to ride the rides, BUT can someone in theory do what the OP asked? Not that it would be the right thing to do, I'm just curious.

SpaceMtn#1

Original Poster
Thanks for the help. I called Undercover Tourist yesterday and they said I do need the tickets in hand first. (I think there is no way for them to see which tickets/serial numbers will be shipped. So it cost me a bit in shipping, but at least I will get them in time!

Sorry I didn't know that using one fast pass with child swap was frowned upon. I thought I had read of other people posting here doing it. I was just double checking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom