7DMT Queue

MotherofaPrincessLover

Original Poster
Does anyone have any comments on the 7DMT queue? I'm going to MK on a day with a projected low crowd so I'm wondering if I should skip the FP+ for this ride and just ride standby as soon as I can in the morning. (Won't be at rope drop, have CRT ressies at 8:25).

CAPTAIN HOOK

Are you asking about the scenery you experience while in the standby line, or whether you should skip FP+ and just go for the standby line ?

I'd try and get FP+ as a guarantee to ride this most popular of attractions. If you can't get FP+ I'd get in line straight after your breakfast

seafoodbuffet

We just got back from a trip where we had done FP+ for 7DMT exclusively until one of the final days of the trip. The standby queue was nice, day lots of fans to keep cool and was nicely themed and had some interesting interactive elements (including the search for hidden mickeys as well as other "easter eggs"). I was glad that we went through the standby queue at least once. That said, if you can even book FP+ reservations for 7DMT, you definitely should if you plan to ride it.

MotherofaPrincessLover

Original Poster
Are you asking about the scenery you experience while in the standby line, or whether you should skip FP+ and just go for the standby line ?

I'd try and get FP+ as a guarantee to ride this most popular of attractions. If you can't get FP+ I'd get in line straight after your breakfast
I'm getting quite nervous about being able to get a FP+ for 7DMT. I'm going to MK for 1 day so I'm not at all flexible with the FP+s. I just thought if the queue was good, it might help me not be so bummed about not getting a FP+.

seafoodbuffet

I'm getting quite nervous about being able to get a FP+ for 7DMT. I'm going to MK for 1 day so I'm not at all flexible with the FP+s. I just thought if the queue was good, it might help me not be so bummed about not getting a FP+.

Good luck and keep trying if you don't get it initially. Here's my take: the queue is pretty good, but not so great that you'll forget that you've been in line for 45, 60, 90 minutes or whatever the standby wait happens to be. If you DON'T get an FP+, I'd go to the park at rope drop and make straight for 7DMT when it opens. Do not stop to take pictures, do not stop to eat, do not pass go :)

That will keep the standby wait to a very manageable amount of time (probably no more than 30 minutes max).

Opinions vary but for my part, I believe 7DMT is destined to become not only a classic, but a very nostalgic one at that. Here why:

* for many kids, it will be the first memorable "roller coaster" they ride at WDW. There's Barnstormer, but I don't feel like it's particularly memorable
* even as an adult, I was absolutely enchanted by the ride itself. If you're fortunate enough to ride it a few times, there's tons of rich detail for you to notice each time you go through
* the entire area is pretty nicely themed, the worst is probably the entrance to the lines which are a bit "meh". Otherwise, it's pretty nice
* Snow White is a timeless classic and this ride has much of the charm of the movie built right in.

We loved Snow White's Scary Adventures and 7DMT, while different, is easily a worthy replacement for it in MK.

CAPTAIN HOOK

If you DON'T get an FP+, I'd go to the park at rope drop and make straight for 7DMT when it opens. Do not stop to take pictures, do not stop to eat, do not pass go :)

That will keep the standby wait to a very manageable amount of time (probably no more than 30 minutes max).
OP has already said that she has 8:25 ressies at CRT thus preventing her from being there for rope drop

Chef Mickey

I guess experiencing the queue is worth it to say you've done it, but the it is annoying and gets that way fast.

The ride is solid, but very short and clearly a victim of budget cuts. Disappointing, really, because it would have been incredible with 1-2 more show scenes and a little extra track.

hth1917

Attractive queue with a lame gem-sorting video game and a couple of other interactive features. I wouldn't feel as if I had missed a major part of the attraction by skipping it (unlike Gringotts or FJ at Universal, where you really must experience the queues at least once).

emmaandrewdad

Just went on Monday and line went past entrance to Winnie the Pooh. Line went very quick 30 mins. Didn't seem to really have time to enjoy queue which was fine by me with a 5 yr old

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom