The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

stevehousse

How about if I just post a park Times Guide from this past summer? :cool:

DCA_24-Hour_Guide02_2014_zps80edd7b1.jpg
Am I reading that correctly that the mad tea party goes until 5am?!? Cray cray...

twebber55

You're not wrong, but we still don't have to like it. I have every expectation that the Frozen attraction will be a solid D Ticket or better attraction that in a vacuum will be substantially better than Maelstrom. My opposition will still remain it's placement.

What tends to happen though is that people excuse a thematic break if the ride is good. That's the best case scenario right now.
But will yo still go to EPCOT and ride it or will your convictions keep you away?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Lady and the tramp is one of my favorite animated films...
thats another great story

I love Lady and the Tramp too. My DD and I were talking last night about Norway conversion. And we were discussing Disney's overkill of Frozen in 3 parks and their inability to stop, think and plan thematically. So we were imagineering in our heads. We planned like Disney this decade and re-themed all the pavilions in our minds to no longer be about culture and countries. Each pavilion was re-imagineered to showcase a different Disney animated-cartoon film.

For Italy, it became the Lady and the Tramp Pavilion.

the.dreamfinder

Definitely, but will they ever pick an animated movie for best picture?
If someone were to campaign hard enough and the film's subject matter catered to the tastes of the Academy, yes. I just hope it's a film of merit because Oscar doesn't necessarily denote it as has been seen with "The King's Speech", "The Artist" and "Argo" in recent years. It would be a sad day for the medium if the first animated feature that won best picture was like those aforementioned.

CDavid

They can always use the church as the new retail space! :banghead:

Uh, No. I know it is just a representation of a church in a theme park, but still.

Just more proof of how little sense this makeover makes. One would think with the amount of workarounds that need to be made to make this ride fit along with a M&G and have any attempt at crowd control it would be preferable to put it somewhere else. You know another cheap way they could've done this? Reusing the old Snow White building. If they wanted they could've just used the exact same track layout that Snow White had and even reuse the vehicles which I'm sure are sitting in a warehouse somewhere. Just make them look like sleds. Oh but then Fairytale Hall would have to go. I say good riddance to that waste of prime real estate for a ride.

Fairytale Hall would by far be the easiest 'attraction' (I use the phrase loosely) to relocate, and of course the building is designed and intended for a ride anyway. Frozen makes so much more sense here than anywhere else; Really the only argument against it is how bad the other parks need help, while the Magic Kingdom doesn't.

AK would be ideal for it, even if its a soarin type ride...

Instead of building a third Soarin' theater in The Land, build it over at Animal Kingdom (or the Studios) and use it for UP (or whatever, really). They're already spending the construction money anyway.

UP also would have made more sense than Avatar, and undoubtedly had a warmer public/fan reaction than Pandora.

Mike S

Instead of building a third Soarin' theater in The Land, build it over at Animal Kingdom (or the Studios) and use it for UP (or whatever, really). They're already spending the construction money anyway.

UP also would have made more sense than Avatar, and undoubtedly had a warmer public/fan reaction than Pandora.
Plus can you imagine if Pixar was given the chance to design more creatures in the same vein as Kevin for a theme park Paradise Falls? Could've been pretty cool.

Cesar R M

I love Lady and the Tramp too. My DD and I were talking last night about Norway conversion. And we were discussing Disney's overkill of Frozen in 3 parks and their inability to stop, think and plan thematically. So we were imagineering in our heads. We planned like Disney this decade and re-themed all the pavilions in our minds to no longer be about culture and countries. Each pavilion was re-imagineered to showcase a different Disney animated-cartoon film.

For Italy, it became the Lady and the Tramp Pavilion.
but lady and the tramp seems more English stuff than Italian...
the only italian thing it has.. is the part of the restaurant with the kiss.

Animaniac93-98

we were discussing Disney's overkill of Frozen in 3 parks and their inability to stop, think and plan thematically

I find it amusing that when it's with Frozen it's considered overkill, but how much BatB, Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo and Lion King is spread across the resort? And some people still want more for those properties ("where's the dark ride!")!

We already have a Star Wars ride (one that was given a major update 3 years ago) and people want rides 2, 3 and 4 to come ASAP.

But Frozen, their biggest hit in decades? No, we've already reached the point of overkill. :rolleyes:

Cesar R M

I find it amusing that when it's with Frozen it's considered overkill, but how much BatB, Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo and Lion King is spread across the resort? And some people still want more for those properties ("where's the dark ride!")!

We already have a Star Wars ride (one that was given a major update 3 years ago) and people want rides 2, 3 and 4 to come ASAP.

But Frozen, their biggest hit in decades? No, we've already reached the point of overkill. :rolleyes:
The universe of starwars is huge. A single simulator ride wont do enough. People want to feel immersed.

I think the problem with Frozen is not exactly the overkill presence wise. (lets be honest, they only have a meet and greet in MK, the summerfun event at DHS.

what else is there of Frozen apart from merchandise scattered thru the resort?

The real issue is having the images and ads (with zero substance) everywhere, every single time. Its like almost all the news are about Frozen or Frozen products and blasting the Let it go song. (not to mention the annoying "but..but.. its the best Disney film ever" yeaaaahh nope..)

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

Actually, I don't mind it going into TDS (and it likely is).
From what I here it will make for a spectacular port, and make the Maelstrom makeover look like the cheap, rush job that it is.
($75ish million compared to an estimated $450-500mil from OLC. Discuss.)

That figures. You know, I hate to say this...but I'm beginning to agree with others here, that it would be a good thing if OLC bought WDW. Japan seems to value, respect and get inspired by Disney in a way that TDO does not. Only dollar signs inspire that gang of corporate stooges.

Mike S

That figures. You know, I hate to say this...but I'm beginning to agree with others here, that it would be a good thing if OLC bought WDW. Japan seems to value, respect and get inspired by Disney in a way that TDO does not. Only dollar signs inspire that gang of corporate stooges.
I smell a change.org petition.
"Petition for the Walt Disney Company to sell Walt Disney World to the Oriental Land Company" ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom