Photokina 2014 product announcements

NowInc

A lot of the canon users I follow seem overly underwhelmed by this release. Seems like its being seen as just another "minor" update which is the trend both canon and nikon have been doing the last few years.

...unless you are Scott Kelby (heavily canon sponsored and notoriously biased to who gives him free crap)...who claims its the little borther to a 1DX (seriously).
http://scottkelby.com/2014/canon-an...o-your-hats-ya-know-if-we-actually-wore-hats/

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
A lot of the canon users I follow seem overly underwhelmed by this release. Seems like its being seen as just another "minor" update which is the trend both canon and nikon have been doing the last few years.

...unless you are Scott Kelby (heavily canon sponsored and notoriously biased to who gives him free crap)...who claims its the little borther to a 1DX (seriously).
http://scottkelby.com/2014/canon-an...o-your-hats-ya-know-if-we-actually-wore-hats/
It's interesting to see how in the camera world bloggers have been so heavily infiltrated by either the manufacturers or BH Photo. Nearly all those sites are now claiming each release is the best ever, and a re clearly just infomercials. At what point do people stop visiting the site because they are just paid promoters?

Agree on the 7D. It seems very minor for nearly 5 years in the making. Nothing close to what Sony are doing in terms of moving things along.

PhotoDave219

Oh I run into Kelby on the Tampa sidelines a lot.

He likes his motordrive. He likes it the same way Animal Mother loved to shoot his 50 cal in Full Metal Jacket.

As for Photokina?
  • Fuji x100T. Waaaaaaaannnnnnt.
  • Nikon 20/1.8. Waaaaaaaaaaannnnt.
  • Nikon D750. Waaaaaaannnnnnt.

PhotoDave219

It's interesting to see how in the camera world bloggers have been so heavily infiltrated by either the manufacturers or BH Photo. Nearly all those sites are now claiming each release is the best ever, and a re clearly just infomercials. At what point do people stop visiting the site because they are just paid promoters?

Agree on the 7D. It seems very minor for nearly 5 years in the making. Nothing close to what Sony are doing in terms of moving things along.

Its "enthusiast media".... much like those around Orlando.

NowInc

Oh I run into Kelby on the Tampa sidelines a lot.

He likes his motordrive. He likes it the same way Animal Mother loved to shoot his 50 cal in Full Metal Jacket.

As for Photokina?
  • Fuji x100T. Waaaaaaaannnnnnt.
  • Nikon 20/1.8. Waaaaaaaaaaannnnt.
  • Nikon D750. Waaaaaaannnnnnt.

I shifted my budget from getting a D810 to a D750 and will use the extra 1k saved to get good glass. As much as I LOVE the D810, I feel its a bit overkill for an enthusiast. I need to switch to full frame, and coming from a D7100, i can skip the D6X0 series.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom