Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Skipped church, and am sitting on the couch wrapped up in a blankie, watching the Jays.
I got a lot accomplished yesterday, so today may just be a jammie day!

I'm not even close to catching up here from yesterday let alone today along with alerts/quotes.

Yesterday I put 3 coats of color stain on my pavers, repainted the front picket fence as the white was gray-ish, repainted the window frames white, the flower box repainted, touched up all the frame paint on the garage and house, fixed the over spray on the house that I oops on last month and sprayed the lawn with crab grass killer and watered the sod. Today I repainted half the pumpkins (foamish things) and hauled 40# bags of decorate rock for the rock garden up front, hit Target and Home Depot. Today was a slow day in comparison to yesterday. Got stuff to do before the snow hits. :rolleyes:

And, therein lies the problem. Disney's definition of an "update" is nothing more than yet another cheap insult to the Parks' original stated intent, for the sake of a quick buck.

Sir, don't you know it is the Fans that have the poor responses, Disney always spot on with their decisions. :confused:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I'm not even close to catching up here from yesterday let alone today along with alerts/quotes.

Yesterday I put 3 coats of color stain on my pavers, repainted the front picket fence as the white was gray-ish, repainted the window frames white, the flower box repainted, touched up all the frame paint on the garage and house, fixed the over spray on the house that I oops on last month and sprayed the lawn with crab grass killer and watered the sod. Today I repainted half the pumpkins (foamish things) and hauled 40# bags of decorate rock for the rock garden up front, hit Target and Home Depot. Today was a slow day in comparison to yesterday. Got stuff to do before the snow hits. :rolleyes:

Sir, don't you know it is the Fans that have the poor responses, Disney always spot on with their decisions. :confused:
Busy girl!
Does Hubby (assuming he is around - I can't remember who is currently partnered) help you?

Might actually be time for a roll call to refresh/acquaint everyone with who is who.
I'll go first.

Gabe1

The cat finally caught on that she's my muse and now she's mad at me.

My mom originally made and painted this ceramic, and it suffered a lot of damage from being stored outside, in a box, in a gross shed, for twenty plus years. I've been working on it for literally a year, repairing the ears, paw, tail, and pumpkin with sculpting clay and repainting it while leaving as much of the original paint job intact... The cat was black, but because of the repairs, it was easy to make her white and turn her into my cat. :)

This is still a work progress!
I am impressed!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Putting this in a separate post -
Might actually be time for a roll call to refresh/acquaint everyone with who is who.
I'll go first.

JenniferS - yes, my first name really is Jennifer
Age 47
Married 21+ years
2 sons - 18 & 19
Canadian
Salesperson for a new home builder in the GTA (25+ years with the same builder). Currently in-between sites
Non-drinker, non-smoker, but I drink a lot of coffee (with and without the quotation marks)

Gabe1

Busy girl!
Does Hubby (assuming he is around - I can't remember who is currently partnered) help you?

I'll go first.

Generally yes, but no, not lately. If we go back to his mother...the one that was missing in the mist and the police found the old gal up at the Wisconsin border...well she is in assisted living now, a real real nice one. She isn't adjusting well. Have the mind issues and I suspect a tad bit of stubbornness with a splash of depression. DH is averaging beyond his long work day 4x a week there. Her dream always to have her sons always at her beck'n call. (She always created reasons they needed to be there) Today he was to pick her up from Church, cause she doesn't like the Catholic Church that they have transportation to. So he gets her back and she tells him she can't find her wedding rings. She never ever takes them off, ever. So he is there for 5 hours no rings but she is in a good mood??? I don't know what to think. My first thought is poor her, she has to be devastated, the more evil Gabe later thinks....hide the rings and he won't leave, he will have to stay and help me. I feel bad for thinking that but she has always been manipulative.

So yeah he use to help but most of this has been on me for since the beginning of the year. They all believed assisted living with all this place offered would be great for her and she'd be so happy. Me, I knew better.

Gabe1

It's one thing to know something.
It's altogether another to get punched in the face with the evidence.

Before my dad died, he gave me money to buy each of the grandchildren a commemorative coin set (an uncirculated set of all the legal coins minted in 2010), to be given to them on the first "special occasion" following his passing.

Five weeks after Dad died, Son #2 graduated Grade 8; as class Valedictorian to boot.
My mom presented him the coin set that evening.

Hubby told me that JA cut up the set last year for drug money.

Today, while cleaning out his old upstairs bedroom in preparation for out of town company, I found the remains of the coin set, with only the penny remaining.

I am so angry I could just sob my heart out.
That SOB destroyed a beautiful sentimental gift to pocket approx $5 in change.

Even worse, he cut up Son #1's set as well.

Probably too late to punch him in the face (yes, that's how I truly feel), as he did it more than a year ago.

Ugh.

If I might ask, why coins? I ask this because my FIL (a dude I really loved) every year we were married gave us a set of coins set in plastic. Then he started with the kids. And before he passed he ordered the ones for that Christmas. After he was gone he had all sorts of books of coils, the kind you added as you found in circulation or obtained from a bank, he made each x7 for all of his grandkids, mainly the special quarters minted for states etc.

My FIL love coins, something his kids never honestly got into, but we have about 30 years worth shoved into drawers that we don't quite know what to do with, never did. I know he was trying to share his passion but it never really clicked with any of his sons but I know this was a 'thing' for men of his generation. Never did he spend any coins until he looked through them first.

After his passing my MIL gave her sons the books of coins Papa had created to give their kids. My DD has hers in a keepsake drawer. I took my sons after he looked at it and put away for safe keeping. He was away at college and I feared when money got tight someday he'd take all those quarters and go for a beer run, mainly cause he isn't overly sentimental (yet) and while he thought they were cool he deep down was not connected to them. I've tucked away many things for DS that he would have tossed over his lifetime when I've seen them tossed somewhere in the house or floating around his room. Recently he was looking for Papa's cuff-links when he was home for a wedding and started rifling through some of the keepsakes I kept. He had a good time remembering.
Then I hid them all again. :joyfull:

Gabe1

We had a baby grand piano in the livingroom; I took piano lessons from the age of 5 through about 12. My mother wanted me to have some "culture" and exposed me to the arts at a young age. That was o.k.

However, the bad part was when she'd "parade" me out in front of the rellies to perform! She was positively delusional, thinking that I could play anything that anyone would want to hear??!! :eek: So, I'd pick an easier piece and still end up hitting a few clunkers on the keys, and be mortified in front of the "audience" in the livingroom. Of course, the rellies would still politely clap afterwards; but, even as a young kid, I knew what sympathy applause sounded like!! :rolleyes: :banghead:

Oh my MIL use to do that to her grandchildren. Deep down I suspect that is why my DD flopped over to the guitar. MIL didn't have one of those. Can I tell ya how much I hated family events when my BIL (icky one) would have his kids bring their band instruments and play for us after dinner? It was painful. My response to his never ending recitals was *pass the wine please*

Gabe1

Life is what you make it. :D Today my life was a long prerace nap. :joyfull:

I almost had a nap on Friday afternoon. My DH two nights in a row was 'loud' and I had not slept well. I was sitting on my bed with computer paying bills and catching up on some stuff for my business and the eyes started roll'n in my head. I put my head on the pillows and I almost drifted. The phone rang once, not even enough for caller ID to register. *Nap* time overthrown. Odd how that phone rang just a single ring.

Gabe1

This is not my first choice, as I'd really prefer something more educational, but it appears more and more that "educational" Epcot is going the way of the Dodo Bird . . . :(

In years to come when all these dudes are gone from Disney. Someone is going to take a look at these 4 parks and new leaders will realize the Fab 4 have all morphed into Disney Parks and the individuality of each park, gone-gone-gone.

Gabe1

View attachment 65788

Cubans are among the best capitalists! Some day Cuba will be free and it will be amazing what its free people will do to turn things around there and excel, more so than Japan did, in my opinion, because the spirit is there in the hearts of the people!

It be interesting to see what Cuba is like today. Even journalists are pretty restricted as to where they can go.
My folks went to Miami for their Honeymoon and were to go to Cuba for a week. Cuba last one night. My Mom said it was dirty and the 'ladies' were making her now husband 'offers' anywhere they went, didn't care she was standing right there. They were back in Miami in 24 hours.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Ugh.

If I might ask, why coins? I ask this because my FIL (a dude I really loved) every year we were married gave us a set of coins set in plastic. Then he started with the kids. And before he passed he ordered the ones for that Christmas. After he was gone he had all sorts of books of coils, the kind you added as you found in circulation or obtained from a bank, he made each x7 for all of his grandkids, mainly the special quarters minted for states etc.

My FIL love coins, something his kids never honestly got into, but we have about 30 years worth shoved into drawers that we don't quite know what to do with, never did. I know he was trying to share his passion but it never really clicked with any of his sons but I know this was a 'thing' for men of his generation. Never did he spend any coins until he looked through them first.

After his passing my MIL gave her sons the books of coins Papa had created to give their kids. My DD has hers in a keepsake drawer. I took my sons after he looked at it and put away for safe keeping. He was away at college and I feared when money got tight someday he'd take all those quarters and go for a beer run, mainly cause he isn't overly sentimental (yet) and while he thought they were cool he deep down was not connected to them. I've tucked away many things for DS that he would have tossed over his lifetime when I've seen them tossed somewhere in the house or floating around his room. Recently he was looking for Papa's cuff-links when he was home for a wedding and started rifling through some of the keepsakes I kept. He had a good time remembering.
Then I hid them all again. :joyfull:
My dad was crazy about coins. He didn't collect old or rare ones, but "sets".

He had rolls and rolls of the various 2010 Olympic quarters. And hundreds of loose Provincial ones, Millenium quarters, Poppy quarters (the first coloured general circulation coin in the world), Breast Cancer Awareness quarters, and ALL of the other special issues.

Whenever I would visit, he would raid my wallet for "special quarters". Even now, I am loathe to spend them, as a small part of me forgets he's gone, and I seem to think that I have to save them for him.

Some samples:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

And while this is a 2012 set, this is the same collection my dad purchased for each of the grandchildren. As you can see, the coins had a face value of $3.91.
Yup, absolutely worth destroying a priceless memento for less than 8 bucks worth of weed.
image.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My dad was crazy about coins. He didn't collect old or rare ones, but "sets".

He had rolls and rolls of the various 2010 Olympic quarters. And hundreds of loose Provincial ones, Millenium quarters, Poppy quarters (the first coloured general circulation coin in the world), Breast Cancer Awareness quarters, and ALL of the other special issues.

Whenever I would visit, he would raid my wallet for "special quarters". Even now, I am loathe to spend them, as a small part of me forgets he's gone, and I seem to think that I have to save them for him.

Some samples:
View attachment 65868
View attachment 65869
View attachment 65870

And while this is a 2012 set, this is the same collection my dad purchased for each of the grandchildren. As you can see, the coins had a face value of $3.91.
Yup, absolutely worth destroying a priceless memento for less than 8 bucks worth of weed.
View attachment 65871

Wow. Those are very attractive coins. No wonder he liked them so much.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Oh my MIL use to do that to her grandchildren. Deep down I suspect that is why my DD flopped over to the guitar. MIL didn't have one of those. Can I tell ya how much I hated family events when my BIL (icky one) would have his kids bring their band instruments and play for us after dinner? It was painful. My response to his never ending recitals was *pass the wine please*

They mean well, of course. And, there are some kids who enjoy performing, and maybe a few adults might actually like listening to the after-dinner recitals. My issue was that I was a shy kid, and my mother knew that, but still insisted that I play the piano for company. I'll never know if she pushed this because she thought I was talented, or if she wanted me to gain some confidence in front of people. Regardless, It all backfired. :rolleyes:

MinnieM123

Premium Member

My mom originally made and painted this ceramic, and it suffered a lot of damage from being stored outside, in a box, in a gross shed, for twenty plus years. I've been working on it for literally a year, repairing the ears, paw, tail, and pumpkin with sculpting clay and repainting it while leaving as much of the original paint job intact... The cat was black, but because of the repairs, it was easy to make her white and turn her into my cat. :)

What a great picture--you caught your cat looking up right a the perfect picture moment! And, now I know where your artistic talents come from: your mom! :)

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member

It is looking really good!!!!! Nice job!!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom