Your Thoughts: Girl Meets World

CaptainShortty

I do like the show and watch it every week. It's not nearly as good as BMW and I think they're trying to hard to make it like BMW with the new Disney channel spin on it. I'm hoping they develop the characters a little more now that they're working on a 2nd season and actually have a decent main storyline throughout the episodes that you look forward to seeing what's happening next.

FutureCEO

What do you guys think of Girl Meets World? Personally, I think it's the best television show to come to Disney Channel in over a decade. It's funny and got a lot of emotion, very much how Boy Meets World was. I share my full thoughts here, but what do you guys think? I personally can't get enough of this show. Really glad it's coming back for another season.

I'm sorry but your only 17. You were not around when TV shows actually were good. But yes, I saw one episode of Girl Meets World and it's better than the usually Disney shows which is not saying much but Boy Meets World is lightyears better than Girl Meets World.

FoozieBear

Original Poster
I'm sorry but your only 17. You were not around when TV shows actually were good. But yes, I saw one episode of Girl Meets World and it's better than the usually Disney shows which is not saying much but Boy Meets World is lightyears better than Girl Meets World.

I'm sorry but it happens to be that I am a major, major fan of classic Disney shows including The Muppet Show, Darkwing Duck, Ducktales, Dinosaurs, Aladdin, and I watched a TON of Boy Meets World. Probably more than half the entire show. I may have been born after these shows aired, but I've still watched all of them. The shows on TV now are garbage, so I always turned to the old shows which were always much better.

Yes, I fully agree that BMW is lightyears better than GMW, but GMW is definetley the best DC show in many years, (and I despise of all DC shows) and a step in the right direction. If they keep it up on a positive note long enough, I think it could come close to BMW at one point. Plus, you can never judge a whole show by one episode. My favorite episode so far was "Girl Meets Father". I would suggest watching that one.

FutureCEO

Aladdin was a TV show!!!! haha I never knew. Probably just as well. Disney made direct to video everything back in those days. Pretty much how they're sequel happy now.

But look up the West Wing. First four or so seasons are amazing!!!!!!

Matt_Black

Aladdin was a TV show!!!! haha I never knew. Probably just as well. Disney made direct to video everything back in those days. Pretty much how they're sequel happy now.

Not really. Okay, yeah, Pixar, but WDAS? In the past 10 years, the only sequels to newly released movies have been animated shorts, and even then there hasn't been many. Home on the Range had one on a DVD, I believe (WHY?!?!?), there was the Rhino short for Bolt, Tangled Ever After, and now Frozen Fever.

stevehousse

They still play Aladdin and little mermaid tv shows periodically on some of the "other" various Disney channels...

Californian Elitist

I'm sorry but you're only 17. You were not around when TV shows actually were good. But yes, I saw one episode of Girl Meets World and it's better than the usually Disney shows which is not saying much but Boy Meets World is lightyears better than Girl Meets World.

What does age have to do with anything, as long as there's access to classic and good television shows? I wasn't around in the 60's and before then, but I know and love The Flinstones, The Jetsons, Popeye, Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes, classic Disney shows, etc..

Matt_Black

They still play Aladdin and little mermaid tv shows periodically on some of the "other" various Disney channels...

I haven't seen Aladdin in forever (and Disney's legal people seem to quickly pull them down whenever they show up on youtube); LM was on Disney Jr. up until a few months ago, though I've not seen it lately. On the plus side, I got to see the episodes with Mark Hamill as Hans Christian Andersen and the one where King Triton fights dinosaurs. Seriously. Seeing a whale pimp slap a T-Rex with it's tail was something I never knew I always wanted to see until I saw it.

FoozieBear

Original Poster

Yeah, it was a part of the Disney Afternoon lineup at one point as well. It was pretty good.

I never watched the West Wing. I'll check it out.

Sped2424

For me it's boy meets world season 1 for a new generation. And I think that it's actually very effective, it's a bit more daring than other disney channel shows on at the moment and I think it's a great addition. Granted the cheese factor is very high in this show, but then again the same was true for boy meets world.

lazyboy97o

For me it's boy meets world season 1 for a new generation. And I think that it's actually very effective, it's a bit more daring than other disney channel shows on at the moment and I think it's a great addition. Granted the cheese factor is very high in this show, but then again the same was true for boy meets world.
The cheese and silliness of the first season of Boy Meets World was balanced out by the rather seriousness of Mr. Feeny and to a lesser extent Cory's parents.

Sped2424

The cheese and silliness of the first season of Boy Meets World was balanced out by the rather seriousness of Mr. Feeny and to a lesser extent Cory's parents.
Corey's lesson's play that part in this show and he is rather good at it too, and in comparison to such show stoppers as dog with a blog Girl meets world isn't afraid to tackle real stories and issues. The episode with Maya's mother was a good one, I was afraid she was going to be the wacky sitcom mom but instead we got the much sadder story which I enjoyed. Girl meets world is more willing to go to an actual place like that where many sitcoms in today's Disney channel line up never even dare. That alone is worth the watch for me, plus I am crazy to know what happened to all of my favorites.

Last edited:

prberk

What does age have to do with anything, as long as there's access to classic and good television shows? I wasn't around in the 60's and before then, but I know and love The Flinstones, The Jetsons, Popeye, Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes, classic Disney shows, etc..

I agree, except that even with the proliferation of television channels and on-demand outlets these days, the classics are not featured often, nor encouraged by networks or even on-demand services (who make more money with the current stuff featured). Even TV Land, a channel that was marketed as a home for the classics, tries to run more original "reality shows" and distance itself from that classics that gave it an audience to begin with (and not to mention the Disney Channel itself, which shed any classics a long time ago now).

So, often today younger people do not have the opportunity to really see the classics often, and when they are available, they are not heralded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom