Petition to Save Maelstrom Ride from the Frozen franchise. Don't Let it Go!

Victor Kelly

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Good luck with that. It has never worked in the past and it never will.

I laughed so hard I almost peed myself....petition.....lol.

Goofyernmost

He said a lot of things....many of which have been tossed to the wind by management. They are deaf to our cries...period.
They've got a company to run. One that Walt Disney probably wouldn't imagine in his lifetime. That's not to say that they don't mess things up from time to time, but, if they listened to every complaint from every person that felt that they knew better how to run a theme park then they do, they would get less done then they currently do, so they pretty much block it out. That is, unless, there are a sufficient number of people that are willing to go to bat for it. I, for one, am not. And I suspect that the number of people that care are relatively few. In fact I'll go out on a limb here and say that, as it stands now, the majority would vote in favor of Frozen.

This is no longer the 1980's. People want things that they can identify with and not just things that those of us still somewhat anchored in the 80's want to see. I hate the "Frozen" franchise. I think it is stupid. I have been a music fan for years and see absolutely nothing about "Let it Go" to be either inspirational or melodic. Still, I do understand that for whatever reason, many do.

The way I see it, even though I do not subscribe to all things Frozen, am curious as to how they are going to present it. I want to keep an open mind about it. There are many properties in the parks that I have or had never seen before going to the attraction, yet enjoyed the attraction. The biggest that comes to mind is 20K Leagues. I never saw the movie, still haven't, but enjoyed the ride. I never saw "Song of the South" until long after I first rode Splash Mountain. That didn't stop me from liking it or alter my opinion after I saw the movie.

If Disney is wrong about the Frozen attraction in WS. It won't take long for it to show, but, it is going to happen and no number of petitions in the world are going to stop it.

BigTxEars

Lost me at the point where it implies crazed and dangerous drunks running around WS during F&W........

Weird stuff on that site as well IMO...the power of the internet....anyone can propose anything rather it makes sense or not.....

http://www.change.org/p/roger-goode...rovide-nfl-cheerleaders-with-a-livable-salary

https://www.change.org/p/the-nfl-bring-back-ray-rice

I am going to post one on corn dogs, that little crunchy part on the bottom of the corn dog, where it meets the stick....yeah I want all corn dogs to have that on the top as well :)

Chef Mickey

1) Petitions almost never work.

2) Disney has already done all the "research" and run the numbers so what we think won't change what they "know."

3) Was this petition written in Chinese and translated to English? Absolutely awful.

Kuzcotopia

hedonism-bot-the-internet-has-bored-me.jpeg

FettFan

Please sign this petition to save the Maelstrom Ride. Please pass it on.

https://www.change.org/p/walt-disney-world-save-the-maelstrom-ride-in-epcot-s-world-showcase

I'd hate to break it to you, fellow, but this kind of thing has already been done before...with predictable results.
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/toad/

The only way that DisneyCo would actually heed such a petition is if enough people outright refused to go to EPCOT (or Florida) entirely.

Which...I think I need a break from Florida for a while. I'm totally leaning west for my next vacation.
Have been entertaining the notion of flying to Chicago, rent a car and driving down Route 66 to Anaheim. Mostly because I have never been to Disneyland....but also because I love the Field Museum so much.

Heck, maybe I'll even run in to Christie Brinkley?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Yep, this won't go anywhere. Nice thought though.

BTW, has a change.org petition ever actually accomplished anything?

100k responses, Obama said he was going to have an official response from the WH, right?

I can't wait to see him address the nation to tell Iger to "Leave Norway Alone!"

images

Oh...lots of petitions got to 100k and never had responses. Because, change.org is silly.

So, ever had a real world impact? Much less one on Disney? I didn't think so.

TP2000

If they cared about the Disneyphiles opinions they would ask...they didnt...so they don't.

I am vehemently opposed to it but I am also opposed to women wearing pajamas to Walmart...a petition will change neither!

Thank you. I agree with both Frozen and women in pajamas at WalMart, and that about sums up the whole thing.

An online petition with a few dozen "signatures" and passionate tirades won't do anything but provide some lunch hour fodder for jokey conversation in TDO. Which is sad because I'm sure the organizer and most of the folks who "sign" this thing are being very honest with their emotions.

That said... Am I the only one who found it sadly ironic that the photo used for the petition had a posted 5 minute Standby wait for Maelstrom? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

TP2000

BTW, has a change.org petition ever actually accomplished anything?

Officially and unofficially, the answer to that is "No".

Change.org has never done anything but waste bandwidth and fire up a bunch of coal-powered Internet server farms around the world.

But the bored housewives and out of work grad students who populate change.org actually think it does something. Shhh! Don't tell them, it would break their bleeding hearts.

Last edited:

TP2000

Which...I think I need a break from Florida for a while. I'm totally leaning west for my next vacation.Have been entertaining the notion of flying to Chicago, rent a car and driving down Route 66 to Anaheim. Mostly because I have never been to Disneyland....but also because I love the Field Museum so much.

Thank you for the YouTube link to one of the best movies of the 1980's. ;)

Head on out here, the water is chillier than Florida, but it's fine. You'll love it. Trust me.

Disneyland is a wonderful study in compare/contrast of theme park operations for two American properties run by the same company. And yet Disneyland's operation can be very different from WDW's operation. And it's fascinating, and fabulous, all at the same time.

But if you've waited this long to see California and Disneyland, you might want to wait to take your Great American Road Trip until at least May, 2015 when Disneyland's 60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration kicks off with the rumored new night parade, new World of Color, upgraded Fantasyland dark rides, diamond-encrusted décor, etc., etc.

Last edited:

FettFan

What really gets me is that I honestly don't understand Frozen's appeal. I mean it wasn't a bad movie or anything. I liked it.

But I don't understand how Frozen became this pop culture icon....why not Tangled? Why not Princess and the Frog? Those were just as good. (okay so Randy Newman is kind of terrible and only knows five chords....but I'd still take "Friends on the Other Side" over "Let it Go" any day. Plus, it's performed by Keith David, who is awesome)
So my question is: what gives? Why is Frozen being given the "holy of holies" treatment by fans?

And to tell you the truth....I think DisneyCo is in the same boat as I am. They haven't the slightest clue as to where this Frozen-Mania comes from....and as a result they are throwing Frozen on everything just to see what sticks, while at the same time spending conservatively because they know the fad won't last forever.
That's why they won't actually build an Arendelle mini-land at the Magic Kingdom...because they don't want to spend that kind of money on something that might not be a major draw in the long run (see: "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" the movie set and the Imagination Disaster), especially with all of the money they are laying down for Blue Cat Land.

FettFan

But if you've waited this long to see California and Disneyland, you might want to wait to take your Great American Road Trip until at least May, 2015 when Disneyland's 60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration kicks off with the rumored new night parade, new World of Color, upgraded Fantasyland dark rides, diamond-encrusted décor, etc., etc.

Any word of them reviving the old Golden Horseshoe show?

TP2000

Any word of them reviving the old Golden Horseshoe show?

Not yet. But they brought it back in '13, so it wouldn't be surprising to see it back in '15.

So far, all of the rumors on the 60th Anniversary have been from MiceAge Updates on Micechat. Disney hasn't said a word, except release the logo and the "Diamond Celebration" tagline and the "May 2015" date, a few weeks after MiceAge had already leaked it.

With all the Frozen stuff coming to DCA this Christmas, only mentioned by another MiceAge Update and muzzled by Disney, TDA may wait until after Christmas to start talking about the 60th and what it will feature. But online sources like MiceAge and other reliable "insiders" on message boards like this are all pointing to the 60th being a really big deal.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
What really gets me is that I honestly don't understand Frozen's appeal. I mean it wasn't a bad movie or anything. I liked it.

But I don't understand how Frozen became this pop culture icon....why not Tangled? Why not Princess and the Frog? Those were just as good. (okay so Randy Newman is kind of terrible and only knows five chords....but I'd still take "Friends on the Other Side" over "Let it Go" any day. Plus, it's performed by Keith David, who is awesome)
So my question is: what gives? Why is Frozen being given the "holy of holies" treatment by fans?

And to tell you the truth....I think DisneyCo is in the same boat as I am. They haven't the slightest clue as to where this Frozen-Mania comes from....and as a result they are throwing Frozen on everything just to see what sticks, while at the same time spending conservatively because they know the fad won't last forever.
That's why they won't actually build an Arendelle mini-land at the Magic Kingdom...because they don't want to spend that kind of money on something that might not be a major draw in the long run (see: "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" the movie set and the Imagination Disaster), especially with all of the money they are laying down for Blue Cat Land.
My opine?

Well, this is going to be harsh...

It "spoke" to teenage angst. Specifically overweight girls and dateless boys (more the former) who loved the songs more than the movie, and when Elsa starts singing "let it go" they emotionally connected.

She may as well have been saying "I don't care, what you think of me, I'm gonna be me"

I don't fault them for this, but to confuse a fantastic sequence / catchy song with an entire movie being well crafted is, frankly, a conceit of younger minds.

The movie itself is slapped together around the musical numbers, and tells no interesting story at all.

I...don't like Frozen the movie. I do like much of the music.

But, all this has been debated nearly a year ago in another thread, so I'll digress.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Oooh I remember a similar outburst of emotion many years ago, and a thread which would change the face of DownTown Disney by a calling of brothers to save The Comedy Club. Look where that got us !!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom