FP+ pre parties? (4-7pm)

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
I thought I've read something that if you have party tickets you can make FP+ between 4-7. Did I make this up? If it's true my dad can't make them.

If not where did I get this idea from? Lol

Rob562

Unless they've changed the system recently, it'll allow you to make FP+ choices for that day with just the Party ticket linked to your MDE profile. If you're not staying on-site, you'll have to make them inside 30 days.

You'll also be able to make reservations anytime during the day, but since the Party ticket only gives you access to the park starting at 4pm, you'll have to go in and manually change the times to be 4-5, 5-6 and 6-7.

Since the ticket is linked to your MDE profile, you may be limited to only one set of FP+ choices that day, since FP+ is a function of your profile. So if you already have FP+ choices in another park, that's all you get to pre-reserve. The Party ticket doesn't give you a whole extra set of three choices.

You'll also want to use the Party ticket itself to enter the park that afternoon. After you're in the park you can use your MB to make choices.

-Rob

JohnD

Put simply, MDE considers the party ticket a 1-day pass so FP+ is allowed. The restriction, of course, is that you cannot enter prior to 4 pm, so you're limited to the three hours between 4 and 7 pm. Keep in mind that when you pick your FP+ they may not necessarily fit 4-5, 5-6, and 6-7pm perfectly. Your first FP+ may start at, say, 3:30, leaving you only 30 minutes to get to your first attraction. My first FP+ for SM on 10/19 is this way.

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
Maybe it's not allowing it because theyy have FP for Epcot earlier in the morning? I swear I saw something that said you could still get the party ones even if at another park during the day!

stevehousse

No if they have FPs booked at Epcot that same day, it's not gonna let them prepick for the party at all. The system doesn't recognize it as a special har ticket event, it just recognizes it as a 1 day ticket, so it'll have the same effect as that. If they have FPs picked for Epcot for the morning, once they enter the magic kingdom, they will hve to go to the kiosks and keep adding the never ending "4th FP".

JohnD

So I was crazy ;-)

No. The party ticket works no differently than any other pass with FP+. You're only allowed 3 FP+ in advance per park per day. If your first entry for the day was in MK for the Party, you would be able to use 3 FP+ in advance. HOWEVER, because you're going to Epcot first and you have a party ticket, after your three FP+ in Epcot, you can schedule your next FP+ in MK via kiosk. Depending on how soon you schedule it and use it after 4pm in MK, you may be able to schedule two more FP+ before 7pm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom