Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

FerretAfros

With the Frozen ride in Epcot officially announced, this makes the 10K course even more interesting. According to the new USATF map it will still run along the backside of Norway, and enter the gate between Norway and China; sounds like we'll get an up-close view of whatever it is they're doing back there!
Is that a real thing or just a rumor?
They've done new releases for each year so far. Granted, that's only 2 years, but there's no reason to assume that they would stop at this point; it also matches the general New Balance standard procedure of updating their shoes annually

LindsayLoves

Is that a real thing or just a rumor?

I would like to believe that they will continue with how many of those shoes they have sold this year. From what I head they were still a hot commodity at Disneyland this month. The only way I can see them stopping is if Disney goes with a new shoe sponsor for 2015.

DreamDisney23

Hello everyone,
I am currently registered for the 2015 Marathon Weekend Family 5K and Half Marathon. I just found out that I have to be home one day earlier for career reasons. I have done research on transferring from the Half Marathon to the 10K, but my research has been very conflicting. Has anyone transferred to another race? Do you know if this is allowed?
Thanks!

Texas84

Hello everyone,
I am currently registered for the 2015 Marathon Weekend Family 5K and Half Marathon. I just found out that I have to be home one day earlier for career reasons. I have done research on transferring from the Half Marathon to the 10K, but my research has been very conflicting. Has anyone transferred to another race? Do you know if this is allowed?
Thanks!

Sorry, no. But you can transfer to a future race.

JasonDeyoung

We are getting close to being in double digits for marathon weekend! Getting pretty excited. Booking my resort in the next week or so. Still fairly new to rundisney but let's go already! :)

dreamfinder

Hmm...I agree @LindsayLoves, Minnie does seem a little off. I'll definitely be getting the Mickey one. Maybe the Minnie will look better in person?

Gotta start saving now, I know I'll be buying all of the things!! :) :greedy:

You won't have a choice unless you buy in the secondary. They are blind boxed (like how this year had different color jackets). So one in 10 boxes has Minnie who partook in the magic brownies, while the other 9 in 10 boxes have Mickey. At least according to that site.

dreamfinder

Hello everyone,
Thanks!

Per the Registration Policy on the Registartion tab for Marathon Weekend,
If you are currently registered for The Walt Disney World® Marathon in 2015 you may transfer your registration to one of the other races, from one race to another, within this same weekend, subject to availability or until capacity in the category you are trying to transfer to is reached, on or before October 10, 2014.
The form to so such can be found here -> http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/run...WDWMarathonWeekendTransferRequestwfee2015.pdf however, you would need to still be able to register for the other event, and the 10k is currently booked. So as @Texas84 indicated, you could submit a deferral here -> http://www.disneyurl.com/2015WDWMarathonWeekendDeferral for the following year.

You may be able to arrange for a bib swap directly with another runner, but that is in violation of their policy and may result in both of you being prohibited from participating in future runDisney events.

Ariel484

Minnie looks high.
:hilarious:
You won't have a choice unless you buy in the secondary. They are blind boxed (like how this year had different color jackets).
Ah. I didn't realize they were like that...the last time I br
So one in 10 boxes has Minnie who partook in the magic brownies, while the other 9 in 10 boxes have Mickey. At least according to that site.
:hilarious: Busted...I didn't read the article, just looked at the pictures. I swear I'm not dense.

In that case, I guess I'll just get what I get. At least if it's a Minnie one it'll be good for a laugh.

LindsayLoves

So Goofy was selling so poorly they are taking some of the slots and breaking them up to half and full registrations. If you know someone who wants to do either race let them know stat because according to the rD website they are both back down to 90% capacity. See the story from runDisney copy and pasted below.

"Coming off the success of the season finale show and responding to viewer feedback, we are excited to announce the "Goofy Giveback." Starting today we are taking a limited number of Goofy registrations, breaking up the challenge and opening up additional individual registrations for the 2015 Walt Disney World® Half Marathon and Marathon. You can register for these events by visiting runDisney.com. This unique registration period will remain open for 39 days representing the total miles covered in the Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge. You have until October 24th or until both races reach capacity to take advantage of this special opportunity.

It is important to note we will keep enough spots open for those still looking to take on the 10th anniversary Goofy Race and a Half Challenge and run 39.3 miles over 2-days."

I did not see this one coming.

JillC LI

So Goofy was selling so poorly they are taking some of the slots and breaking them up to half and full registrations. If you know someone who wants to do either race let them know stat because according to the rD website they are both back down to 90% capacity. See the story from runDisney copy and pasted below.

I did not see this one coming.

Wow.

atrus79

Sounds like it's out of desperation ... Goofy's % hasn't moved that much since the end of registration day. If they were smart, they would have made the change before they aired the Finale of Extreme Weightloss ... those spots would already be sold due to the publicity from the show that night. Now they have to hope that everyone sees their posts about the open spots ...

Ariel484

Wow. That...is really surprising. They must really not want to leave any money on the table.

ETA: I wonder how many people are going to be upset that they signed up for Goofy because the half or full was sold out...and now spots have opened up again.

ETA again: I guess registration fees are $200 for each of the races, yes?

Last edited:

LindsayLoves

ETA: I wonder how many people are going to be upset that they signed up for Goofy because the half or full was sold out...and now spots have opened up again.

Just checked in on the facebook page and a few people are saying they signed up for Goofy because the full marathon was at capacity but are planning to do both races, they don't seem bitter about it. I am going to check in a little later, especially in the post to page section because that's where most of the drama pops up.

I am also wondering if they made a lot more Goofy spots this year because they assumed it would be an easy sell for the anniversary. Maybe they shifted things around from last year, less Dopey, more Goofy, and more 10k?

LindsayLoves

So the ugliest thing I have seen come out of this on the runDisney facebook page is the lady complaining about fundraising for the half because when it sold out she signed to run with a charity and now she HAS to pay that money and how she would have never done that if she knew that more slots were going to open up. I just can't.

Sumrdog

So the ugliest thing I have seen come out of this on the runDisney facebook page is the lady complaining about fundraising for the half because when it sold out she signed to run with a charity and now she HAS to pay that money and how she would have never done that if she knew that more slots were going to open up. I just can't.
wow. Some people are so self centered.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom