Wyndham Bonnet Resort

draybook

Original Poster
Yeah, plus with the rooms having a full kitchen, we could just go shopping and cook our own dinners and stuff. It's really intriguing....

jmcdougall

Yeah, plus with the rooms having a full kitchen, we could just go shopping and cook our own dinners and stuff. It's really intriguing....
I'm with you draybook. I have always said "NEVER stay off property". In march I met my sister and we stayed at a downtown disney hotel for $100 a night, beautiful room right across from downtown disney and the bus service was great. half the price of what I usually pay at disney. Is the Bonnet Creek resort the one that is between the disney Caribbean resort and downtown disney? Very well located if that is the one I am thinking of. I will check into that. Janine

draybook

Original Poster
I'm with you draybook. I have always said "NEVER stay off property". In march I met my sister and we stayed at a downtown disney hotel for $100 a night, beautiful room right across from downtown disney and the bus service was great. half the price of what I usually pay at disney. Is the Bonnet Creek resort the one that is between the disney Caribbean resort and downtown disney? Very well located if that is the one I am thinking of. I will check into that. Janine

Yes, that's the place.

Disney Dawg88

Ok great. On Priceline they are listing one bedroom villas for $85 a night. Judging based on the limited photos it looks like more than enough space for us and that seems like a hell of a deal. Thoughts?

Man I'm really surprised that it's only $300 cheaper for a 10 or 11 night stay, especially with it being only $85 per night. I'm not the biggest fan of Disney hotels, sorry, I've stayed at POR, Caribbean Beach, and maybe one other. I travel a lot for work and used to stay in the Disney area for about four years, so I enjoyed those hotels more than the Disney ones. My favorite is the Hilton Bonnet Creek right across the street, so I can say the Wyndham appears to be very nice but I've never stayed there. It's definitely a newer hotel though and I think you would enjoy it.

willtravel

Have any of you stayed at this resort? I like the location and price, and the photos make it look nice. We really like the idea of having a separate bath and tub too. I'm considering this resort for next year if we switch to APs, so any input you can give would be great.

Also, what would you choose between Wyndham and AKL? I've looked into renting a value studio there and it's about $300 more total for 11 nights. Is that price difference worth it for people that are only at the resort to sleep, shower and s....?
Did you decide on hotel yet? Just curious if you decided and stayed at the Wyndham resort and what you thought?

draybook

Original Poster
Did you decide on hotel yet? Just curious if you decided and stayed at the Wyndham resort and what you thought?

Well, we're looking at staying there next year, to get the most out of the APs we're upgrading to this year. This year we're staying at POFQ, since we already had this bounce back booked.

daisyduckie

I'm glad I found this post. We are seriously considering staying at Bonnet Creek next year. My only concern is, while we will have a van, what if we want to split up? Then I had a thought--would it be bad to use CBR as sort of a hub? As in, if some want to stay in the parks later, would it be bad to have them take the bus to CBR and then taxi to Bonnet Creek? Instead of paying for a taxi all the way?:cautious:

brokedad

I'm glad I found this post. We are seriously considering staying at Bonnet Creek next year. My only concern is, while we will have a van, what if we want to split up? Then I had a thought--would it be bad to use CBR as sort of a hub? As in, if some want to stay in the parks later, would it be bad to have them take the bus to CBR and then taxi to Bonnet Creek? Instead of paying for a taxi all the way?:cautious:
We just stayed the last week in july and it couldn't of been better.Cbr is very close and there is no fence between the parking lot and chelonia dr., so it's not much of a walk to wyndham. We are ap's so we only went to the parks twice in 8 days, there is plenty to do there if you didnt know already, but it may depend on what part of the season you go in, and its across the street from the Waldorf, the hilton grand is connected to it.The wyndham grand is connected to this resort and you have full access the all the hotel has to offer too.

BigRedDad

Either Dec 7-14 or 14-21. It really doesn't matter. If you are booking through Diseny, it will cost an arm, leg, and first born son. The same if you book through Wyndham directly. Best to search for reliable owners that sell reservations.

BigRedDad

We scored a 2BR Deluxe unit the other day for Dec 14-21. It only cost $500 for 7 nights. Split between 3 people, this is only $166 each. You can't find anything on Disney property for that price and you most likely can't find a Roach Motel for that much as well.

daisyduckie

I've stayed here 3 times. The only downside is the transportation if you don't have your own car. Everything else is FANTASTIC though and blows Disney out of the water because of the price.

Are there usually taxis around? We are looking at staying at Bonnet Creek next year, but wouldn't want to have all of the family tied to one rental car.

JordanKing

Are there usually taxis around? We are looking at staying at Bonnet Creek next year, but wouldn't want to have all of the family tied to one rental car.
I've never taken a taxi FROM Bonnet Creek but I've take one at Downtown Disney back to Bonnet. You might be able to just call one. DTD isn't far.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Use Uber. Cheaper than a taxi and better service (mostly). A week of using Uber should cost less than renting a car and you can split the fare with family.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom