Avatar construction aerial updates

twebber55

They way they are getting them to "Float" judging by the models seems to be through the vines connecting them to the ground.
disney-avatar5_verge_super_wide.jpeg

Those vines seem big enough to hide supports inside for the large structure. But you seem to be right about the smaller mountains on top. It looks like it's behind the other mountains just enough so you can't see the beam holding them together.
and keep in mind that mountain looks to be the center piece of the land so people will be able to walk under it...there will be other "floating mountains hiding the E ticket building, i think thats where you will see more water falls

cbconglom

If I lived in orlando instead of awful missouri I would pay for a helicopter flight I think at least every other month. Unless they are way more then I realize.. Either way if someone starts a fund I will contribute.

WDWtraveler

I was over at Animal Kingdom and AK Lodge last week, looking for any photo update opportunities. There isn't any. All the work so far seems to be "foundation" and ground preparation. Nothing vertical yet. The site is too well screened by trees except for a glimpse as the resort buses pass by the cast member entrance. Sorry to disappoint roj2323. Stay tuned.

FutureWorld1982

If I lived in orlando instead of awful missouri I would pay for a helicopter flight I think at least every other month. Unless they are way more then I realize.. Either way if someone starts a fund I will contribute.

We need you to move here right away! ;-)

View attachment 66898
ugh 3 months and this is the newest picture i see

LOL, not much can be seen at the moment. This might be Disney's most mysterious project ever.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
They way they are getting them to "Float" judging by the models seems to be through the vines connecting them to the ground.
disney-avatar5_verge_super_wide.jpeg

Those vines seem big enough to hide supports inside for the large structure. But you seem to be right about the smaller mountains on top. It looks like it's behind the other mountains just enough so you can't see the beam holding them together.
As the years wind by and we slowly approach the end of our brief time here on this bright blue orb, I am beginning to feel like this pic James Cameron, Urban Meyer, and crazy ear ring man is becoming the Zapruder film of WDWmagic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom