Man visits WDW for 365 days

flynnibus

Premium Member

I guess I should quote one of your posts every time I need a complacent, juvenile, excuse making example. I mean.. the library is so rich to pick from. How will I ever chose??

Or maybe you could change your avatar back so we could have a true 'poster-child' made up.

71jason

He's a Disney blogger and author of From Screen to Theme: A Guide to Disney Animated Film References Found Throughout the Walt Disney World Resort.

Does nobody else smell an obvious PR grab?

Reminds me of my friends who did both WDW and DLR on the first 24-hour day. Sure, they're fans, and they had fun--but they also expected (correctly as it turns) out that by promoting what they were doing they'd get all sorts of free stuff.

asianway

Original Poster
Does nobody else smell an obvious PR grab?

Reminds me of my friends who did both WDW and DLR on the first 24-hour day. Sure, they're fans, and they had fun--but they also expected (correctly as it turns) out that by promoting what they were doing they'd get all sorts of free stuff.
Why PR would feature someone who is a drag on per capita guest spending is beyond me

jakeman

I guess I should quote one of your posts every time I need a complacent, juvenile, excuse making example. I mean.. the library is so rich to pick from. How will I ever chose??

Or maybe you could change your avatar back so we could have a true 'poster-child' made up.
What was my previous avatar that made such an impression?

This one?
mooimagoat_thumbnail.gif

This one?
doubledeckercouch_thumb.png

Or this one?
favoritecolorofalpharoyal_thumb.png

I had one of a gravy boat for a while, but I don't feel like fishing that up.

Bottom line is I'm simply pointing out that you're just an armchair psychologist on a board about a theme park you don't even really care for. So casting stones about as you are is bound to hit a wall of your own glass house.

Last edited:

SpaceMountain77

I used to visit the Disneyland Resort several times a week, after work, usually in the evening for dinner and a few attractions. My regular attendance earned me a few private event invitations, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

BuddyThomas

To me, personally, it sounds crazy, but if he has the money and the time, who am I to judge?

I think extreme couponing sounds crazy and they made a tv show out of that.

I think seeing a Broadway show that costs over a hundred dollars multiple times is crazy, but go on any Broadway chat board and you will find people who have seen shows like Wicked, Rent, Once, and others dozens and dozens of times. One woman bragged that she saw Once more than 70 times.

And what about fans who have the money and time to follow their favorite bands from city to city, catching every tour date? Or people who spend the entire year working on massive Christmas light displays for their yards?

Face it, we're all crazy in our own ways, and before you cast the first stone, think seriously about what you would do if time and money were no object.

If I was betting man, I'd say that half of the people on here would be lined up right next to him.

NearTheEars

Congrats to the guy for setting a personal goal and achieving it! As a new member, I have quickly found myself amazed at the overwhelming number of negative posts and comments regarding any/all things Disney. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Guess one would just expect a little more "pixie dust" when discussing topics about such a magical, happy place. :(

You will quickly find out, much like I did a while back, that coming here and expecting to find a place to share and discuss the awesome experiences you've had at the parks is not what's happening here. At least not right now.

I was shocked at the time, mainly because I was an adult, still on a high from my first-ever visit to the parks after moving to the area, and posted a similar thought just as you.

(Note: it was never a dream to move to the greater Orlando area, my career brought me here)

But I believe everyone us entitled to an opinion, so hey, It is what it is here. And many are unhappy with the state/management if the resort.

Back on topic:

We probably hop in the car and make the hour drive for a visit at least once a month, often more. But I couldn't imagine going every day.

Heck, I've even stopped checking in or sharing a random photo from the parks on social media because I've gotten sick of friends and family back home just making mean remarks about our frequent trips.

My DF just says they are jealous we live so close. I think I might agree.

Edit: I should clarify that I'm mostly talking about the news and rumor, and general sections of the board.

Last edited:

BuddyThomas

You will quickly find out, much like I did a while back, that coming here and expecting to find a place to share and discuss the awesome experiences you've had at the parks is not what's happening here. At least not right now.

I was shocked at the time, mainly because I was an adult, still on a high from my first-ever visit to the parks after moving to the area, and posted a similar thought just as you.
I wish you guys would realize how much "pixie dust" is actually on this site as compared to pretty much any other Internet chat board I have ever encountered.

Sure, there are spirited debates and even the occasional troll, but for the most part, this is one of the most reasonable sites around when it comes to conversation. And don't forget that it is moderated so any really offensive posts and some not so offensive are removed immediately (I posted a song in the song title thread with the word a** in it over the weekend and it was instantly deleted due to offensive language, even though you can hear worse on prime time tv. Oh well.)

But seriously, go to something like newsvine or even broadwayworld and you will see vicious fights that will curl your toes. This site is a gentle meadow covered in rainbows compared to anything else I've seen.

NearTheEars

I wish you guys would realize how much "pixie dust" is actually on this site as compared to pretty much any other Internet chat board I have ever encountered.

Sure, there are spirited debates and even the occasional troll, but for the most part, this is one of the most reasonable sites around when it comes to conversation. And don't forget that it is moderated so any really offensive posts and some not so offensive are removed immediately (I posted a song in the song title thread with the word a** in it over the weekend and it was instantly deleted due to offensive language, even though you can hear worse on prime time tv. Oh well.)

But seriously, go to something like newsvine or even broadwayworld and you will see vicious fights that will curl your toes. This site is a gentle meadow covered in rainbows compared to anything else I've seen.

Oh I agree totally. Some news and sports sites can be downright scary.

I think I was just suprised at first because I never thought of WDW being such a devisive topic. It was certainly eye opening.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Oh I agree totally. Some news and sports sites can be downright scary.

I think I was just suprised at first because I never thought of WDW being such a devisive topic. It was certainly eye opening.
Some of the most innocuous YouTube videos are filled with vitriolic comments.

morningstar

Why PR would feature someone who is a drag on per capita guest spending is beyond me

Talk about obsessive. The habits of one man are not going to sink the company. And publicizing his habit is not going to lead to throngs of imitators thus sinking the company. Instead, most people's reaction will be, "Disney World has enough stuff to go every day and not get bored? Maybe I'll make two trips this year instead of one." That's big profit for Disney. Maybe his behavior is not so profitable, but at the same time, a moderate behavior leaning toward his, is.

lazyboy97o

This gets filed under the category of problem because so many Disney fans self describe the Disney theme park experience as an "escape."

Well, actually, he went on a cruise. A Disney cruise, yeah, but loyalty to a brand doesn't prove obsession. People may travel to diverse places in the world yet always stay in the Hilton. He could have gone to the beach or a concert as well - I think they have both things in Florida within a day's drive of Orlando.
Doing other activities would still require scheduling them so as to ensure the daily visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom