Fastpass add a guest

Meb

Original Poster
A friend was able to come on my trip late in the planning stage, i already had my fastpasses and was told i could not just change my 1 rider to 2, very upsetting to say the least, this makes me hate fastpass even more

HRHPrincessAriel

I'm not sure I'm following what you are saying.... Why can't your friend just schedule their own FP that overlaps a portion of your window?

Tom

Beta Return
You ARE able to add friends/family to your already-booked Fastpasses, if they have a MDE account and you link them. Also, the ride must still have FP availability. For example, if you're less than 60 days from the trip, and you booked Seven Dwarfs for 1, you won't be able to add someone else because it books full quickly.

But for most other attractions, you should be able to add someone.

CAPTAIN HOOK

A friend was able to come on my trip late in the planning stage, i already had my fastpasses and was told i could not just change my 1 rider to 2, very upsetting to say the least, this makes me hate fastpass even more
Perhaps the scenario is upsetting but your comment is puzzling !!
FP+ - you can't simply add someone to your account and expect them to get the same rides/times as the ones you've already booked (unless there is still avalability)
FP - with the old paper FP system your friend would have to be with you in the park and attend the FP ticket machine with you (or at least give you their park admission) to get the same ride time window.
Whichever way you look at it, you needed to be together (linked online or physically in the park) at the time the FP were booked.
What's to hate - its not the fault of FP ??

Meb

Original Poster
I'm not sure I'm following what you are saying.... Why can't your friend just schedule their own FP that overlaps a portion of your window?
I tried , i was able to do some , but not all, how do i ride 7 dwarf mine train without my husband ? Waited all year, i even called guest services for help, but they couldnt do the mine train, so upset, wait years for a trip, spend thousands of dollars and we both cant get on the ride, i had my fastpass but the could not add him, they said it was booked up

Meb

Original Poster
My husband, i dont know why i wrote friend ,he was unable to go when i planned the trip, but 2 weeks prior can go, i already had all my fastpasses planned, they helped me add him to some, but said the others were full and i couldnt add him, so how do you do a trip with your companion, with out having all the same fastpasses. This os really a drag and downer, i may just stay poolside, im sick of this fastpass stuff now

CAPTAIN HOOK

Now you've clarified who's going, it all makes sense.

As I see it you have two options -

1) "Stay poolside" and waste all that money you spent on WDW when a beach holiday would have been cheaper

2) Enjoy the FP that you have together and join the stand by line for everything else

Tom

Beta Return
My husband, i dont know why i wrote friend ,he was unable to go when i planned the trip, but 2 weeks prior can go, i already had all my fastpasses planned, they helped me add him to some, but said the others were full and i couldnt add him, so how do you do a trip with your companion, with out having all the same fastpasses. This os really a drag and downer, i may just stay poolside, im sick of this fastpass stuff now

It sounds like you were going to be perfectly fine taking an entire WDW vacation by yourself....so why would riding one ride alone now be so bad? Just be happy he can go.

Rob562

Also, keep trying every now and then. People change plans, cancel FP+, cancel entire trips. There may be availability later on, even if you have to change the time you originally had.

-Rob

Chernaboggles

You've waited years and spent thousands of dollars. Don't get hung up on a 3 minute ride. Maybe a fastpass will open up. Or, if you get early to the parks, maybe you can find a time with a short-ish wait and ride together before it fills up. Maybe you'll get lucky and have an low-crowd day. Worst comes to worst, he has a ice cream or something while you ride on your own.

This is one of the downsides to all the Disney planning - it can be very stressful because it feels like if you don't schedule every little thing that you won't be able to do ANYTHING. That's not really true, though. Just try to remember that your whole vacation does NOT boil down to 3 minutes on Mine Train, and try to stay flexible. With or without that ride, you'll have a great time. :)

dadddio

I tried , i was able to do some , but not all, how do i ride 7 dwarf mine train without my husband ?
The way I would do it is we would be in the area of the ride and I would say "I'll be right back". She'd do whatever she wanted for the small amount of time that it took me to get through the FP line and ride the ride and then I would meet back up with her.

weatherdude

I tried , i was able to do some , but not all, how do i ride 7 dwarf mine train without my husband ? Waited all year, i even called guest services for help, but they couldnt do the mine train, so upset, wait years for a trip, spend thousands of dollars and we both cant get on the ride, i had my fastpass but the could not add him, they said it was booked up

How is it Disney's fault that your husband decided within the 60 day window that he wanted to come too? Should FP have the "in case someone from your party wants to be added" availability?

ratherbeinwdw

If you get to any park at rope drop or do the early hours, there's not a ride you can't get on if you wait in line.
The mine train isn't that big of a deal anyway. I'm glad I got to do it, but it's not something I'll worry about if I can't get it on future trips. I did get a fastpass for it for my upcoming trip, but only because my daughter wanted to ride it again. She's ridden it several times and loves it, but once was enough for me on our last trip.

TXDisney

Quick question. I used a magic band on my trip in January and I'm going back next week. They sent me and my wife new MagicBands. Here's the thing my name is Robert but I go by Bobby. So under the MDE app there's 3 of us. The hotel is linked to Robert and the park tickets to Robert but my dining reservations are linked to Bobby. Will all these somehow all get linked to my one MagicBand? Bc when I try and change something like a park tickets it says bobby needs admission ticket, but when I go to link the ticket it says bobby already has a ticket linked. Very confusing I know. Just want all the stuff to be linked on one band.

FrostyNaples

Quick question. I used a magic band on my trip in January and I'm going back next week. They sent me and my wife new MagicBands. Here's the thing my name is Robert but I go by Bobby. So under the MDE app there's 3 of us. The hotel is linked to Robert and the park tickets to Robert but my dining reservations are linked to Bobby. Will all these somehow all get linked to my one MagicBand? Bc when I try and change something like a park tickets it says bobby needs admission ticket, but when I go to link the ticket it says bobby already has a ticket linked. Very confusing I know. Just want all the stuff to be linked on one band.

Call support and get that all sorted out. They will fix it for you.

Rob562

Having dining reservations under a different name isn't an issue, since they just look you up by name when you check in. Linking them to your profile is just a convenience factor so that they appear in your link of plans. The FP+ system also uses the linked dining plans to make sure that when it offers you FP+ time that they don't overlap your dining plans.

Now... If you have yourself listed under your MDE profile twice, once at Robert and once as Bobby, that may cause issues when it comes to everything else (Bands, hotel room, Dining Plan, FP+ and tickets). You need to have everything linked to a single profile for things to work properly and the Bands you have to work interchangeably.

I'd suggest giving the MDE Help Line a call and have them merge Booby and Robert.
I have two numbers in my phone for MDE, so I'm not sure what each of them are: 407-939-7765 and 407-939-4357.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom