Magical Express and Magic Bands

LivFreeorDisney

Original Poster
How goes it gang!

So I haven't been to WDW in two long years and I have not had the pleasure of dealing with the magic bands yet. We are booked for this up coming November. I was just wondering if the bands still work at the airport when you scan it at the ME booth if you registered your ME through the DVC site. I haven't seen anything on the My Experience website about the ME reservations. I'm guessing everything gets linked in the "Matrix" but I found it funny that it does not show up anywhere on the main Disney site or the DVC site.

Thanks all!

Sebastien

Tom

Beta Return
They absolutely work - BUT: STILL take you paper ME booklet. The Mear's computer system is separate from the Disney computer system - evil data loss is a possibility.

This.

Ours worked perfectly on our March trip (DVC) and our trip last weekend (Riverside). As long as your DVC reservation is linked to your MDE account, your associated Magical Express reservations will (should) also be linked automatically.

They do need to add Magical Express info to the DME site some day, in my opinion. The lack of it showing up generates several panicked phone calls, I'm sure.

But just like with any paper tickets, credit cards and reservations, take the Magical Express booklet with you, just in case.

LivFreeorDisney

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! I agree that they should link it to the experience site just so vacationers can see all items that are reserved.

gonetowdw

I did not have my flights booked when I made my Disney Reservations so I called today to add Magical Express. The very nice CM added the information to my reservation. She told me that when we got off of the phone that I would be able to see the Magical Express in MDE under ground transportation (there is no such category). I searched here to ensure that it would be okay. Our trip is not until mid November so I will watch out for the information in the mail.

Disneykidder

We were hesitant about the whole MDE and bands concept. I have to say I really liked wearing them. I didn't find them annoying at all. It was very convenient not to have to open my bag to get my KTTWC out. We never had any problems with them at all in the 11 days we were recently on property. We are headed to DLR in July and I am bummed that they don't have them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom