'Ohana or Chefs De France?

Sparkle81

Original Poster
Well, we've had 'Ohana reserved for our anniversary dinner (with our 3 year old) for months. Now just a couple of months off, I'm getting cold feet! I've read so many iffy reviews lately, that I'm getting a bit concerned. I've also recently been diagnosed with IBS, so struggle with large meal and also have a sensitive stomach (seeing people say that they've had undercooked meat there, is a concern!). Looking on MDE, the alternatives are limited, but Chefs De France is there as an option. The only others to catch my eye that fit in with with our times is Boma (although the spices might be a worry) or Yachtsman (which I'm guessing is too fancy pants with a noisy 3 year old boy!). Should I stick with the more informal and fun 'Ohana, or switch to Chefs De France to put my mind at ease food-wise (do many people even take kids there though?)? We've never been to either before, by the way. I hate that I'm second guessing myself at this late stage. Argh!!

NYwdwfan

Well, we've had 'Ohana reserved for our anniversary dinner (with our 3 year old) for months. Now just a couple of months off, I'm getting cold feet! I've read so many iffy reviews lately, that I'm getting a bit concerned. I've also recently been diagnosed with IBS, so struggle with large meal and also have a sensitive stomach (seeing people say that they've had undercooked meat there, is a concern!). Looking on MDE, the alternatives are limited, but Chefs De France is there as an option. The only others to catch my eye that fit in with with our times is Boma (although the spices might be a worry) or Yachtsman (which I'm guessing is too fancy pants with a noisy 3 year old boy!). Should I stick with the more informal and fun 'Ohana, or switch to Chefs De France to put my mind at ease food-wise (do many people even take kids there though?)? We've never been to either before, by the way. I hate that I'm second guessing myself at this late stage. Argh!!

Ohana. :)

JohnD

Stick with 'Ohana. You're not forced to take anything this is offered. They bring skewers to you. You decide what you want. What's not to like about that? Plus the bread pudding and drinks from the Tambu Lounge. All good.

Sparkle81

Original Poster
Awesome, thank you guys all so much for replying. I knew I could rely on you! :)

Feel a whole lot better about our reservation now. I think I need to stop reading so many reviews on things, and just go with the flow a bit more. My DH has pretty much banned me from looking up BC on Trip Advisor, as it was making me freak out :rolleyes:

ratherbeinwdw

Awesome, thank you guys all so much for replying. I knew I could rely on you! :)

Feel a whole lot better about our reservation now. I think I need to stop reading so many reviews on things, and just go with the flow a bit more. My DH has pretty much banned me from looking up BC on Trip Advisor, as it was making me freak out :rolleyes:
I will have to force myself not to go Trip Advisor as I'm staying at BC next month. I made the mistake of looking at the Poly which will be the second part of our trip, and almost cancelled that part of our reservation. If my daughter didn't have her heart set on the Poly, I would move. This will be our first trip with just the two of us, so this gave us a chance to stay somewhere with only one bathroom and no separate bedroom.

StarWarsGirl

Chefs. My favorite restaurant on property. I have food allergies and it's gotten to the point where family style meals are just too difficult. Buffets are okay, but a la carte is best. Worst meal I ever had at WDW was at the Luau because they failed to note a pineapple allergy. Ended up eating unseasoned ribs and salad with ranch dressing. Will never do family style again, especially at Poly. Kona, however, is always great.

DisneyJunkie

I've eaten at both and found the food at Chefs de France to be disgusting. I used to be all about eating at 'Ohana once a trip.....that is until they made another change on the menu that was just too much: taking chicken off the skewer-served food.

erasure fan1

I say stick with Ohana. It is my, must do once, places to eat. I wouldn't worry about under cooked meat. I've never had that issue but if you want more well done steak, just ask them and they will bring it from a more well done batch.

StarWarsGirl

Just want to add...even if you don't do Chefs this trip, I highly recommend looking into it again. The menu is big, so there's a lot to choose from, it would be fine for your kid (lots of families there, it's not fancy), the service is always great, and the food is always good. I can honestly say I've never had a bad meal there. I also recommend the half roasted chicken. Boma is also good, but you might want to stay away with your concerns, it might not be the best option. Yachtsman I also highly recommend when your kid is a bit older. If he can learn to sit at a table, not be super noisy, and just generally behave, it would be fine to take him there. Just be aware that the meals can run from an hour and a half to two hours. Some kids can do it, some can't. Obviously, as a parent, that would be your choice. :)

75disney

I really like both restaurants, but I highly recommend O'hana with a 3 year old. She will be entertained the whole time. Also, don't forget if she doesn't like the food, she can order off a kids menu. One year, my girls couldn't decide between a hot dog or nuggets, so our waitress brought them each items and huge ice cream sundae for dessert. They won't just offer the kids' menu option; you just need to ask.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom