Airline Boarding Passes

tecowdw

Original Poster
Do the Disney resorts all have places where guests can self print airline boarding passes on an internet device/printer? I am on an airline that doesn't participate in the DME boarding pass program. I know the convention center business centers would but they are out of the way (different resorts) and I believe they charge for it.

The airline (Allegiant) is now going to start charging for printing boarding passes at the airport ticket counter.
:facepalm:

To avoid the fee, I need to print them through my account. They have a mobile pass but not
everyone in my party has an eligible device. Honestly the paper pass just seems simpler.

Side question: Has anyone used Allegiant mobile boarding pass for multiple passengers on a single device?

dreamfinder

You can usually ask at the front desk/concierge and they will try to help you out. But it's not a stand along kiosk type thing, so if you need to provide a username/password (no idea if Allegiant requires that or just booking ID/name) you may have to be willing to share that info with them.

jprieur

concierge. Had to do this once (spirit airlines) and they wouldn't do it outside of concierge hours (in other worse, the late night front desk folks wouldn't do it). They just turned the screen and gave me the keyboard to input everything and then printed for me.

Gig 'Em Mickey

Don't most airlines have apps now where you can check in and get a boarding pass on your phone? It's been several years since I've printed up a hard copy boarding pass. I access the app, or emailed QR/Bar code on my phone and show it.

tecowdw

Original Poster
Side note, but what an awful airline policy. Ugh.
I agree. But nickel-and-diming is the way Allegiant operates unfortunately. Here's their explanation about it:

"The $5 boarding pass printing charge has been implemented to encourage customers to use the mobile boarding pass or print their boarding pass at home. Paperless boarding saves passengers time and money. Allegiant continues to find innovative ways to create a faster, easier travel experience for our customers while at the same time reducing costs."

I guess it's true that most of the fees are optional choice things but it just gets crazy. On the plus side, there will be no arguments over reclining seats on Allegiant...they don't have any on their planes.
o_O

tecowdw

Original Poster
Don't most airlines have apps now where you can check in and get a boarding pass on your phone? It's been several years since I've printed up a hard copy boarding pass. I access the app, or emailed QR/Bar code on my phone and show it.
I've never used them before but yes, Allegiant does have one now too. They confirmed their app will show passes for all passengers on the itinerary so I guess I'm going to have to learn to use it.

It would just be so much easier if I had a QR code tattooed on my forehead that could be scanned for everything I do!

New job - no new hire paperwork, new bank - no new account paperwork, medical procedure - no admitting/insurance paperwork, new baby - no birth certificate...just scan my head! When I die - no death certificate, just scan a final time and draw a line through it with a black marker!

A paperless life!
;)

Last edited:

Richie248

Yes, use the app! Much easier and your boarding passes will always be on your phone. If you have an iphone, save your passes to your passbook!

s&k'smom

Last year concierge was kind enough to do it for me, one other thing that I thought was super is they had airport bag check in right at the resort. Had bell service pick up bags at like 6am went down to the check in (it was just outside at GF) got rid of 3 suitcases so all we had to do at checkout was leave (well and cry too who wants to leave!?!).

mm121

when i worked front desk at a starwood hotel, we always tried to help people print them unless it was just insanely busy.

not sure why disney and other hotels have never really gotten into putting in kiosks for this, I've seen them at a few hiltons, but not really too many other places.

RonAnnArbor

Guest Services at any park...Concierge at any Resort...Business Center at any of the convention resorts...But, seriously, why bother? Just get your passes sent to your phone -- eventually they will be doing away with printed boarding passes anyway except in very rare cases -- good time to get used to those now. It takes moments to check in and get your pass sent to you phone via email or text message which will link to your internet and open up your pass....

Rob562

Most airlines you can check in on your phone and then stop at a kiosk at the airport and print your boarding pass.

-Rob

tecowdw

Original Poster
Allegiant has no kiosks at the airport, not even their Sanford hub. If you don't print at home or use mobile app they will in fact charge $5 per boarding pass printed at the airport. Ironically, at some smaller airports the gate agents can't even scan the mobile boarding pass yet.

However last weekend I used the mobile app for Allegiant. My first time ever using a mobile pass app. Seemed to slow things down at boarding gate (at least with Allegiant) but I learned a valuable lesson the hard way ~ when the ticket counter agents recommend you take a screen shot of the boarding pass...do it!!! I lost data service at TSA checkpoint and was up the creek without a paddle on their app! I've never had to run out of the TSA area, back to the front of the airport building to get data service, and back to TSA to catch a boarding flight before. :(

As others have said it's the wave of the future so I might as well accept it! ;)

ToTBellHop

Allegiant has no kiosks at the airport, not even their Sanford hub. If you don't print at home or use mobile app they will in fact charge $5 per boarding pass printed at the airport. Ironically, at some smaller airports the gate agents can't even scan the mobile boarding pass yet.

However last weekend I used the mobile app for Allegiant. My first time ever using a mobile pass app. Seemed to slow things down at boarding gate (at least with Allegiant) but I learned a valuable lesson the hard way ~ when the ticket counter agents recommend you take a screen shot of the boarding pass...do it!!! I lost data service at TSA checkpoint and was up the creek without a paddle on their app! I've never had to run out of the TSA area, back to the front of the airport building to get data service, and back to TSA to catch a boarding flight before. :(

As others have said it's the wave of the future so I might as well accept it! ;)
Why must the wave of the future have swirls of excrement?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom