Halloween Party Magic Band

MissM

I'd very much prefer they make "skins" that one can apply and remove as often as they'd like. After all, MagicBands serve one purpose only. To each their own, of course, but they're such a rip off. Only one I ever even considered getting is the Haunted Mansion one and still I retreated.

Yup! I have one from there. I posted a pic of my band with the HM wallpaper "skin" here if you're curious: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/haunted-mansion-magicbands.888884/#post-6289293

sjhym333

I am a local AP holder who goes the park regularly and currently have 2 MagicBands. Even with using one and then the other they mostly collect dust until the next visit. As nice as some of the limited editions have been between the cost and the usage I can't wrap my mind around buy another one to sit on my shelf most of the time

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Well everyone was wondering how MM+ was going to pay for itself, now we know. There are going to make most of it back just selling Magic Bands and Magic Band add ons (wraps, jewels, etc.).

cbettua

Well everyone was wondering how MM+ was going to pay for itself, now we know. There are going to make most of it back just selling Magic Bands and Magic Band add ons (wraps, jewels, etc.).
This, and I have no problem with that. I personally wouldn't buy one but they are selling. I think its great that Disney is finding a way to make their money back.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
With the limited number of copies and so many September parties I would not be surprised if these sold out before October.

So you think. According to the very open CM I spoke with last night, they won't sell all the 5,000 available, just like they didn't sell all the Star Wars LE Magic Bands. However, the HM bands are very popular and my daughter now has both the HM and Halloween LE bands.

LAKid53

Premium Member

According to the guest we spoke with on our resort bus as we were admiring the "decals" on her family's bands, Disney has shut down or attempted to shut down 3rd party sellers of these decals. I don't know why Disney doesn't offer the decals (they aren't covers of the band like the ones Disney sells). My daughter would certainly pay Disney prices to get an Iron Man decal for her band.

MissM

According to the guest we spoke with on our resort bus as we were admiring the "decals" on her family's bands, Disney has shut down or attempted to shut down 3rd party sellers of these decals. I don't know why Disney doesn't offer the decals (they aren't covers of the band like the ones Disney sells). My daughter would certainly pay Disney prices to get an Iron Man decal for her band.
A lot of specific styles which used copyrighted images and/or trademarked names were removed from the handful of sellers who still offer them. In fact, pinterest still has a photo of an Iron Man one that's since been removed for sale: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/73324300158008445/

That said, you can still find quite a lot of designs out there which reference Disney attractions and characters in a more "general" - and less DMCA complaint - sorta way.

DisneyGirl3820

I think I read somewhere that there are only 5000. By the time we get there at the end of October I don't think they'll have anymore :-(

FrostyNaples

So you think. According to the very open CM I spoke with last night, they won't sell all the 5,000 available, just like they didn't sell all the Star Wars LE Magic Bands. However, the HM bands are very popular and my daughter now has both the HM and Halloween LE bands.

If Disney would just sell them online direct, without having to link to MDE right away so they could be gifts, the 5,000 units would already be gone.

I'm sure 'eventually' they will offer them for sale in that way, but I really wish they made it public what the reason is that they can't do it right now.

Plenty of collectors would have one of every color & design by now. They would sell like hotcakes online, globally.

Worried about resale? Who cares if you sell them out first? There are second markets for everything under the sun.

EDIT: May have answered my own question, as it makes too much sense. IF you can only buy these in a park, and you have to be there to activate them, it means they got YOU INTO the park, where you will certainly spend more money simply by being there.

Gosh darn logic :p

BroganMc

I like the Halloween Party band. I always did favor that design of Mickey & Minnie. Much cuter than the blah colored bands. To me it's just a cute bracelet for $30. Better than the $200 the tech companies want to charge me for a smartwatch.

LAKid53

Premium Member
If Disney would just sell them online direct, without having to link to MDE right away so they could be gifts, the 5,000 units would already be gone.

I'm sure 'eventually' they will offer them for sale in that way, but I really wish they made it public what the reason is that they can't do it right now.

Plenty of collectors would have one of every color & design by now. They would sell like hotcakes online, globally.

Worried about resale? Who cares if you sell them out first? There are second markets for everything under the sun.

EDIT: May have answered my own question, as it makes too much sense. IF you can only buy these in a park, and you have to be there to activate them, it means they got YOU INTO the park, where you will certainly spend more money simply by being there.

Gosh darn logic :p

Yes, they get you into the park, but as my daughter discovered with her HM LE MB, it wouldn't let her back in our room, so she had to reactivate her old MB, wait a few minutes and she was able to get in. Which is why when I bought my Halloween MB, I told the CM to NOT deactivate the band I had on my wrist. My beef is that you are able to purchase 2 per person. So the band I bought for my daughter is now linked to my account and it will take a visit to GS when we return next month to link it to hers. I told the CM to not link one of them, but she indicated she had to.

FrostyNaples

Yes, they get you into the park, but as my daughter discovered with her HM LE MB, it wouldn't let her back in our room, so she had to reactivate her old MB, wait a few minutes and she was able to get in. Which is why when I bought my Halloween MB, I told the CM to NOT deactivate the band I had on my wrist. My beef is that you are able to purchase 2 per person. So the band I bought for my daughter is now linked to my account and it will take a visit to GS when we return next month to link it to hers. I told the CM to not link one of them, but she indicated she had to.

That's strange it wouldn't open the resort door.

As far as i'm aware, once its linked to a individuals MDE, it cannot be reassigned to someone else's MDE. This is why you don't see MB's second hand for sale, advertising you can have them reactivated to someone other than the original MDE they were assigned to.

sparkklepaint

This is my first year going with the Magic Bands and I'm going to be attending MVMCP. If they happen to sell limited edition Magic Bands for that event that I want, and I've already gotten my Magic Band that I've pre-ordered with my package, how does that work?

Tuvalu

This is my first year going with the Magic Bands and I'm going to be attending MVMCP. If they happen to sell limited edition Magic Bands for that event that I want, and I've already gotten my Magic Band that I've pre-ordered with my package, how does that work?
Any limited edition MagicBands are linked to your account at purchase. You can then use both the purchased band and the one you received for your resort stay interchangeably.

CaptainShortty

Wouldn't be surprised if there is a different band for later on. For a while they released a new pin every other party instead of all at once.

At the current moment that is the only MNSSHP one being offered throughout all of the parties. Another one will not be offered if that one sells out.

dreamfinder

At the current moment that is the only MNSSHP one being offered throughout all of the parties. Another one will not be offered if that one sells out.

Really? I'm a bit surprised they don't have one in the wings where say the green & purple are swapped to sell once the first sells out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom