Best craft beer in Disney

Bparso87

Original Poster
Ooo, good question.

I can really get on board with more Founders.

Honestly? I enjoy most of the Sam Adam's beers (I know they are barely a craft brewery), but an expanded presence of more of their hard to find brews would be cool: Black Lager, Ruby Red, etc.

Great Divide would be good also and so NC can represent either Big Boss or Highland.
Love great divid there chocolate barrel aged yeti is amazing

Epcotfan21

Epcot has a craft beer stand in America by where they sell the funnel cakes. When I was there a couple weeks ago, they had about 12 different craft beer options to choose from. They're all bottled, but they'll pour it in a plastic cup for you. My favorite recommendation that they have currently is Blue Point Toasted Lager.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
What brewery would u like to see more of in Disney I think stone is not at Disney enough I would like to see more founders to

Stone is phenomenal. Great Ipas

Ooo, good question.

I can really get on board with more Founders.

Honestly? I enjoy most of the Sam Adam's beers (I know they are barely a craft brewery), but an expanded presence of more of their hard to find brews would be cool: Black Lager, Ruby Red, etc.

Great Divide would be good also and so NC can represent either Big Boss or Highland.

I think Sam should have their own bar front in America. That stupid QSR is too big, and sorta stinks. So chop it in half, and throw in a beer hall.

USA! USA!

Bparso87

Original Poster
Stone is phenomenal. Great Ipas

I think Sam should have their own bar front in America. That stupid QSR is too big, and sorta stinks. So chop it in half, and throw in a beer hall.

USA! USA!
I love Sam Adams it got me into craft beer but so many more great options but I understand since they are the best know craft brewery. It would be nice to have like the top American beers there where u can get zombie dust, heady topper and KBS ball in the same place.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I love Sam Adams it got me into craft beer but so many more great options but I understand since they are the best know craft brewery. It would be nice to have like the top American beers there where u can get zombie dust, heady topper and KBS ball in the same place.

I'm ok with that

jakeman

Founders didn't make enough KBS to make it to where I live this year and I'm about halfway between Michigan and Florida.

We've got to be careful about the "top American beers". That would be Bud Light. :depressed:

Fifty taps, each representing a state would be awesome though.

Bparso87

Original Poster
Founders didn't make enough KBS to make it to where I live this year and I'm about halfway between Michigan and Florida.

We've got to be careful about the "top American beers". That would be Bud Light. :depressed:

Fifty taps, each representing a state would be awesome though.
You just blew my mind that would be great but would be impossible for states like Cali,mich,vt,pa and some of the great beer states

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
No it's not but what beer do u pick from Michigan two hearted ale r something founders first so many great beers from that state.

You pick whichever you can get from your distributor, really. I doubt if even WDW has access to every type of craft beer nationwide.

The Incredible Schmulk

You just blew my mind that would be great but would be impossible for states like Cali,mich,vt,pa and some of the great beer states

You might be surprised, but I think you should add Montana to that list of states where it would be hard to pick. Montana is behind only Oregon and Vermont when it comes to breweries per capita, and those leads are dwindling. I had no idea before moving here, but the beer culture is ridiculously strong. I live in Billings, MT, and in this city of 109,000 alone, there are seven breweries and two distilleries. Six of those breweries and one of the distilleries are located in a five block radius.

Anyway, back on point, I would love to see one of the larger Montana outfits make it into the festival. The Harvest Moon Brewing Company out of Great Falls and Red Lodge Ales out of Red Lodge both have the capability to output enough of one of their flagship beers to qualify, and I think people would flip over their offerings. And, they both make and bottle/can very good Scotch ales (Harvest Moon's is called Loch & Lode and Red Lodge's is called Jack's 90).

Bparso87

Original Poster
You might be surprised, but I think you should add Montana to that list of states where it would be hard to pick. Montana is behind only Oregon and Vermont when it comes to breweries per capita, and those leads are dwindling. I had no idea before moving here, but the beer culture is ridiculously strong. I live in Billings, MT, and in this city of 109,000 alone, there are seven breweries and two distilleries. Six of those breweries and one of the distilleries are located in a five block radius.

Anyway, back on point, I would love to see one of the larger Montana outfits make it into the festival. The Harvest Moon Brewing Company out of Great Falls and Red Lodge Ales out of Red Lodge both have the capability to output enough of one of their flagship beers to qualify, and I think people would flip over their offerings. And, they both make and bottle/can very good Scotch ales (Harvest Moon's is called Loch & Lode and Red Lodge's is called Jack's 90).
Will have to give it a try Montana is one state I have not had a beer from I think I am at 35 states.

The Incredible Schmulk

Will have to give it a try Montana is one state I have not had a beer from I think I am at 35 states.
Your best bet for finding something outside of the region is probably with the Big Sky Brewing Company out of Missoula. They have the largest output in the state, and their flagship Moose Drool Brown Ale can be found all over the Northwest. It's one of the most popular brews in the state, and it's pretty popular in Washington and Oregon, too. There's better chance that one will travel elsewhere than pretty much anything else in the state, outside of the surprisingly good Dog Tag Brewing beers (which are only technically Montanan, as the company is headquartered in Montana, but the beer is brewed in Minnesota in the Leinenkugel brewery, I believe; it's their own recipe, they just don't have their own brewery so they rent space and time). It's a good company with a worthy cause, though (check out the link). If you come across them, you should definitely pick up a sixer.

ABQ

Just curious, have you had a beer from NM? Hard to believe it ranks 12th in breweries per capita, yet all the hoity toity beer aficionado publications and websites just continue to fly over NM and head to stinking Cali.

@dreamfinder I totally miss the old Catamount from the pre-Harpoon days. I used to drive to VT to get beer when going to school @ Umass.

Courtney6682

What is the best craft beer you have had at Disney or any beer. I have a couple good ones and glad to see a little more in the parks.

I'm not a beer drinker or a big drinker at all for that matter..but....Germany at Epcot has the best beer ever! Shoffers grapefruit is amazing! Husband loved it too;)

Bparso87

Original Poster
Just curious, have you had a beer from NM? Hard to believe it ranks 12th in breweries per capita, yet all the hoity toity beer aficionado publications and websites just continue to fly over NM and head to stinking Cali.

@dreamfinder I totally miss the old Catamount from the pre-Harpoon days. I used to drive to VT to get beer when going to school @ Umass.

no nothing from New Mexico tuff to get west coast stuff over here except the big stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom