What free stuff have you ever got at Disney?

Spike-in-Berlin

One complimentary night at the Poly because their incredible incompetent mousekeeping needed three tries and three complains (in increasing loudness) to finally get our balcony and window panes cleaned.
One complimentary night at the Pop Century for a dirty and uncleaned room at our arrival.
2 complimentary nights at a resort of our choice because of the worst night ever at a WDW resort (AKL). We took the YC because we were thrilled by our first stay there - Big mistake because during the second stay (the complimentary one, where we originally had planned to stay at least 2 more days) we had such a big problem with finding an acceptable room at the YC on our arrival day, that the shocked housekeeping manager gave us complimentary concierge level.
1 complimentary day ticket for Typhoon Lagoon because the bus service between the CS and TL, where my GF was waiting (I had left TL to get some stuff from our resort, the CS), needed approximately 90 minutes until finally a bus arrived to take us back.
At least a dozen or more special fastpasses (could be used once on any ride at any time) for numerous examples of incompetence of disney resort CMs, especially concerning mistakes by the front desk staff at check-in and the housekeeping.
A complimentary lunch at the AKs Flame Tree BBQ after a rude CM at the Pizzafari.
Perhaps I forgot something, but this should be at least the major stuff.
Oh yes I forgot the "White Chocholate Mickey Mouse" we got as a present from the manager of the YC, which was then stolen! by some maid from mousekeeping out of our room and had to be replaced.

Last edited:

rle4lunch

Lowest $$ amount: Free Churro for our anniversary.
Highest $$ amount: Free upgrade at Disney's Grand Californian from a standard room to a private 2000 sqft signature suite with 2 bedrooms, living room, fireplace, 3 couches, dining room w/table that could sit 12, full kitchen, 2 bathrooms, one with built in sauna, overlooking DCA. Granted it was for a 1 night stay, but the room is valued at over $1,500/night.

Fun fact #1: it was on the penthouse level where there were personal assistants located once you got off the elevator.
Fun fact #2: we experienced 2 good sized earthquakes shortly after checking into the room and getting settled.

DisneyFanaticUK

I got some freebies during the Year of a Million Dreams:
Some limited edition pins
A limited edition Pin lanyard
Mickey Mouse ears
And after we got off from riding BTMR some cast members gave us a "Dream Fastpass" that allowed us to go on rides like IASW, Space Mountain and others on the Fastpass line. It was awesome!

JIMINYCR

Other than the free guest pins, and an occasional FP from CM's, last trip DW & I were celebrating our 30th anniversary at POFQ. We returned to our room after a day in the park to discover a package along with balloons sitting on our room table. Inside was a cute Mickey & Minnie statue and a happy anniversary card from the POFQ staff. A pleasant and unexpected surprise that added to our trip memories.

mickey2008.1

Dream passes at EPCOT
Champagne, roses, and chocolates in our room at GF for our anniversary
The big one, we had two rooms a t CBR, and our rooms were infested with love bugs, not outside, but inside, on our beds, lamps, curtains, shower, everywhere. I get bugs outside, but not in my room. We got upgraded to the GF with MK views!!!!! I did not want to go there because I thought it was snobby, but learned it wasnt once i got there. People just being people. Service is great there as compared to mods though. Got lucky I guess.

mergatroid

Original Poster
One complimentary night at the Poly because their incredible incompetent mousekeeping needed three tries and three complains (in increasing loudness) to finally get our balcony and window panes cleaned.
One complimentary night at the Pop Century for a dirty and uncleaned room at our arrival.
2 complimentary nights at a resort of our choice because of the worst night ever at a WDW resort (AKL). We took the YC because we were thrilled by our first stay there - Big mistake because during the second stay (the complimentary one, where we originally had planned to stay at least 2 more days) we had such a big problem with finding an acceptable room at the YC on our arrival day, that the shocked housekeeping manager gave us complimentary concierge level.
1 complimentary day ticket for Typhoon Lagoon because the bus service between the CS and TL, where my GF was waiting (I had left TL to get some stuff from our resort, the CS), needed approximately 90 minutes until finally a bus arrived to take us back.
At least a dozen or more special fastpasses (could be used once on any ride at any time) for numerous examples of incompetence of disney resort CMs, especially concerning mistakes by the front desk staff at check-in and the housekeeping.
A complimentary lunch at the AKs Flame Tree BBQ after a rude CM at the Pizzafari.
Oh yes I forgot the "White Chocholate Mickey Mouse" we got as a present from the manager of the YC, which was then stolen! by some maid from mousekeeping out of our room and had to be replaced.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I imagine you're pretty good at complaining right :):cool:

ArielLover

Wow, you must be the unluckiest person ever - I have never had even one of those issues - or maybe I have and not let it bother me.

epcotisbest

Oh yes I forgot the "White Chocholate Mickey Mouse" we got as a present from the manager of the YC, which was then stolen! by some mentally retarded maid from mousekeeping out of our room and had to be replaced.
Been going for 30 years and never had these kinds of problems...not once.

melmel89

Free tee-shirts after a tour group dumped soda on us because we wouldn't move so they could take our spots for the Spectromagic parade. We had been waiting there for awhile and they camped out behind and did a lot of stuff to make us move, we didn't and when the parade ended they threw soda on us. So a cast member was summoned and got us new tee shirts and took us to a VIP area for Wishes.
OMG, that's awful! i wouldn't have been held responsible for my actions if they did that to me and my family!

I wanted to tell you something magical that happened to us on our last trip.

We were staying at Wildnerness Lodge (myself, DH, DS, and DD) last November. My parents were also staying (in a separate room) at WL.

We arrived on a Saturday morning and had a great few days. Well, on Monday morning (2 a.m.), our 10 year old son woke up vomiting - he would end up vomiting every 45 minutes until about 7 a.m. He stopped vomiting then, but had a very high fever and literally could not get out of bed. It appeared he had a very serious rotovirus. This kid NEVER get sick. It was a nightmare. Here we were at Disney and he's violently ill! He ended up in bed all day on Monday and most of Tuesday, as well. Ended up getting him up and on our balcony for some fresh air. By Tuesday evening at least he could walk around. Was basically better Wednesday morning. Well, Wednesday morning I woke up with the same thing. It was HORRIBLE! Never been sicker in our lives.

Well, on Wednesday night my parents were planning to fly home (we were staying until Saturday). They, along with my DH and both kids, went to Universal Studios for the day - we had already purchased our tickets and since this was my parents' last day they really needed to use the tickets that day. I was unable to go because I was so sick. :-(

Later that afternoon, my parents had left for the airport and DH was still with the kids at Universal. The front desk of WL called my room and said there was something waiting for me at the front desk. I was starting to feel better and walked down. Here, my parents wanted to leave each of my kids a $10 arcade card good to use in the arcade at WL. Well, when they asked the front desk to leave it for us, the CM at the desk said $10 for each kid "was not going to cut it" and proceeded to add $40 to each card - they gave each of my kids a $50 arcade card, each in a personalized WL envelope with their names written in Disney font and decorated really nice. It was amazing. What a sweet thing to do, and it was all because they felt so bad that we had each experienced illness at Disney.

A few weeks after we returned home I was telling my friend about how DS and I had gotten sick. When DS was sick, DH stayed with him for 2 days in the room and the didn't use their park hoppers at all those 2 days. My friend suggested I call Disney and see if I could get a refund or at least park passes for 2 days for each of them. I did not think this would ever be possible but it was worth a try! I spoke with a CM who told me it probably was NOT going to happen but she gave me a special email address to plead my case. I did so. About 10 days later the phone rang - on the phone the caller ID said HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS lol - I answered! The CM I spoke with apologized profusely that DS and DH missed those 2 days in the park, and that he was going to email me 2 park hopper passes for each of them - good for the next 20 years. How much does Disney rock? :D:D:D

Lucky

You must be an incompetence magnet.

NYwdwfan

It's one thing to have something given to you as a special treat from a cast-member - the type of thing that Disney does and it makes your day. It's quite another entirely to complain with the intention of scoring free stuff when your complaints can quite possibly cost someone their job, their bonus, their raise, etc.

Spike-in-Berlin

You must be an incompetence magnet.

My GF says that we are cursed. Of our 5 trips to the World we had only one trip without any problems with the resort of our choice, the WL and CS in 2007. But we learned how to deal with the problem, we know always order in advance a so-called "special cleaned room" when we do our reservations at Disney. We learned about that at the YC.

Spike-in-Berlin

Ah yes, those window panes can really ruin a room.

I once had a kid give me a free booger. Nice little gent.

Probably the only really cool one we've ever had was getting to be in the parade in the 90s. And then it got rained out, we were supposed to be dancing with characters? I was very little, but I remember them taking us to meet all the characters in some room after the rain out. We were very, very excited.

If I pay 400+X bucks for a room per night I expect it to be perfectly clean, especially if I have a room with quite a view (lagoon view) I pay for aditionally I don't want to have completely dirty windows (really dirty) and cobwebs on my balcony the size of a pumpkin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom