Love for the All-Star Sports....

Tomi-Rocket

Original Poster
So my DH and I are staying at the All-Star Sports in a few weeks (!), it's our first time staying there soooo....

Let me hear some love for the AS Sports!

belledream

You might not find all that much around here, but we'll be there in 8 days and we are so excited! Newly refurbished food court (from last year) and technically the closest All Star to all the parks ;). Walking into the lobby when the doors open and a flood of sound greets your ears - you see the shop, the caricaturist, the shiny floors, the displays on the wall! Your room is a quick 5 minute walk to everything. We've requested to stay in the Basketball buildings, as we are huge NBA fans. I personally love the larger-than-life theming of the All Stars. And hey, when you're in the parks from 8AM til midnight, as long as we can get on a bus, listen to that happy Disney music, and stumble into our bed at night, we're happy. :)

Communicore

I haven't been there since like 2011 and I was wondering if their sports icons wall has been updated yet. I think it still has 1990's stars as their most current ones.

smurphy28

My wife and I stayed at AS Sports in May 2013 with our one year old son, and we loved it! We aren't Disney veterns by any stretch, and this was our first trip as a couple. However, the resort provided everything that we needed for our great Disney vacation and we were not disappointed.

We requested a room with a king sized bed, relatively close to the food court and bus terminal, and we were placed in the Building 7 in the football themed area, which was great. We did not have to pay for the preferred room either. Our room faced the large football field, but we had no problems with noise during the trip. Having a one year old, we came back to the hotel every day around noon and took turns relaxing by the baseball pool, which was nice. There were always lots of lounge chairs available!

We would not hesitate to stay there again, as it provided everything that we needed to ensure our great trip. The main reason that we chose Sports over the other two AS resorts was that it was closest to the parks, and typipically the first stop when sharing buses with the other AS resorts. This meant that we always had the first choice of seats, which was important with a 12 month old, but also that we were the first ones to be dropped off on the return trips.

Have a great trip!

NMBC1993

I've had mixed experiences during my several different stays at Sports. During a trip a few years ago, I got involved with a very rude CM while attempting to check in. The entire computer system was down so nothing could be done to help the guests, I was in a hurry to catch my lunch reservations and only wanted to know if there was an estimated time when this issue would be fixed and I should come back. The CM "helping" me just rolled her eyes and says "Just try again later sir". Later on, I stopped back in to check on the system and I also wanted to talk to a manager about my guest experience earlier. Well it turns out the manager was just as uncaring as his employees. He seemed to think nothing was wrong and I was being an annoyance to him.

Other than the staff I have no bad things to say about Sports. I love the surf area with the "wooden" walk way, the food court is brand new and offers a lot of tasty items, and it's always fun to see kids playing football on the field.

I hope you have a great trip!

DisneyDaver

It's been a while since I stayed there ... '95 (shortly after it opened) and '02. I imagined much has changed since then, but I really enjoyed it. Relatively noisy, but if that doesn't bother you, you will likely have a great stay.

acishere

The Surfs Up section is imo the nicest looking of all the non-suite value resort buildings. I usually request a room on the opposite side of the pool and found it rather quiet and enjoyable.

Being the first bus stop is a plus as well. At the end of the day it is nice to not have to deal with multiple stops before you can get off.

EnchantedRose

Haven't stayed here since , but we are super excited for our upcoming stay in 37 days! I actually LOVE the over sized characters and decorations....and my boys love it as well! We usually stay at POP, but our last trip we finally saw the chaos so many people talk about. With free Dining limiting which All Star's you can stay at, we picked Sports....I showed pictures to my 6 year old and he wants to take a football to play!

Hope you enjoy your stay!

disneyshane88

Absolutely love sports! As a football fan nothing is cooler when you walk on the field with the two goal posts. Its amazing! Its the Disney experience I want to have. The food court, the gift shop, the pools, I love it all

Tomi-Rocket

Original Poster
Thank you to all, I am so excited to go! I guess I should mention it's a special trip for our 20th anniversary. We married at the GF and I wish we could go back but we kinda decided on this trip at the last minute. But I LOVE trying new Disney resorts so I am super excited to go and stay at Sports! Btw, we have requested the Surf's Up building.

smk

Surf's up is the closest to the food court. We loved that building and have stayed on one side or the other almost every trip. You will love it!
Haven't stayed here since , but we are super excited for our upcoming stay in 37 days! I actually LOVE the over sized characters and decorations....and my boys love it as well! We usually stay at POP, but our last trip we finally saw the chaos so many people talk about. With free Dining limiting which All Star's you can stay at, we picked Sports....I showed pictures to my 6 year old and he wants to take a football to play!

Hope you enjoy your stay!
POP is chaotic! Loud food court, we stayed once, and I would consider it again IF it was the only value open but I would not choose it over All Star Sports.

SSH

love sports...stayed there often. For some reason, even when other resorts were booked, we were able to find a room at that resort or music. Seems like movies and POP book up faster.

EnchantedRose

Surf's up is the closest to the food court. We loved that building and have stayed on one side or the other almost every trip. You will love it!

POP is chaotic! Loud food court, we stayed once, and I would consider it again IF it was the only value open but I would not choose it over All Star Sports.

We have stayed at POP 4 out of our last 6 visits (just counting the trips with kids) and we never had any issues until our last trip. Granted...we usually went during slower time...and last year we went in November.

After the 2nd day of TRYING to get breakfast...me and hubby looked at each other and said NEVER again!. It was so insane! The food court was packed all the time, the seating area was beyond packed...and when we did find a table it was dirty (I blame the guests that leave full trays on the tables). We normally do Value resorts....and I am so glad to be trying something different this upcoming trip! The new food court is a plus.

Macdaddy1717

Me and my girlfriend went this year in May and stayed at Sports! It was just very nice to be right by animal kingdom cause that was our first park to visit of the trip! And usually on the bus ride back to the resorts we were dropped off first!

Daniel Johnson

The newly updated food court is pretty good. We stayed four nights in late January of this year. We were just off the main parking lot, to the right of the lobby. Corner room, second floor. The only issue with the room was that the air conditioner was super loud. That didn't matter much after a full day at each park!
The McDonald's down the way was a surprise, I haven't had a big Mac in a LONG while, wasn't crowded either.
Getting on the bus was easy, even with two grandmother's in wheel chairs. Honestly, after hearing it was "just ok", it wasn't bad for the 13 of us who were there. I would gladly stay there again!

EOD K9

I stayed there back in '97 and '98 when I was a lot younger. I've since moved on to moderates and finally joined DVC in 2005 . I had no issues other than cheerleading competitions and all the college kids made a lot of noise. That doesn't affect the hotel though. Anywho, on my recent trip in March, my wife wanted to vary our experiences in WDW. So, to be different, we are at the various food courts at ASMo and wandered around Sports. I'd stay there again if there was nothing available.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom