Trip Report What time is it? MICKEY TIME. August 2014

Is it entirely possible to have two extremely amazing Disney trips in a row? One would think the first trip’s fun and happiness could not be duplicated again…

Unfortunately, I am home. Real home. Not my Disney World bubble. Getting over this harsh reality is like a kick straight to the stomach, after eating a really gigantic meal. What is this life I live? Why am I not waking up on property? Oh the harsh truths we must face when exiting that bubble! Writing a trip report will help cure my Disney depression, it’s a statement I keep uttering to myself while I slowly grip the fact that my trip is OVER. WHAT?! Months of planning and excitement and poof! DONE. GONE. Is it time to go back yet? PLEASE?! Peeling the magicband off my wrist was painful.. PAINFUL I TELL YOU!!

imagejpg7_zps1262d39b.jpg

My name’s Nicole and I am a Disney freak. (I’m the girl on the left.) If there ever is a rehab program for people who are overly obsessed with Disney, you can bet some of my friends, my boyfriend, and my family would check me right in. I love the little mermaid, and change my favorite park depending on the day. I don’t know what my favorite ride is, some days it’s Soarin’, some days it’s Splash, sometimes it’s even Tower of Terror. Whatever is the last ride I’ve been on, that’s the one I will probably tell you. Ugh, I’m indecisive!

b02728cf-23d5-46e2-acf1-6a26b9d6b599_zps5fe4c65c.png

For those who didn’t follow along on my pre-trip report, here’s a quick recap. I flew to Disney World August 17th, and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge until August 21st. The lovely people of WDWmagic convinced us to upgrade from Art of Animation since we had a pin code. From there it was off to Port Canaveral, for my first ever Disney cruise, let alone cruise. Had three nights on the Disney Dream, and then back to Orlando for a day at Downtown Disney. I came home late August 24th, which gave me 8 full days immersed in Disney. This trip was the second trip with my best friend; we went last July for 10 days and had a wonderful, unforgettable time. We knew Disney missed us. :)

Originally, we were supposed to go in June and stay at Art of Animation, then go on the Dream, but due to massive amounts of snowstorms in lovely New Jersey this past winter, we had to postpone to August. Now everyone was warning me about the heat, and let me just tell you all, YOU WERE RIGHT. It may have been the hottest, sweatiest (sorry!) trip of my life, but it was one that I will never forget.

Shall I begin?

It all started not too long ago, at the wee hours in the morning.

IMG_1685_zpsa8effceb.jpg

I slept at my friend’s house so her parents could take us to the airport for our flight at 5:59 in the morning. We would be in Disney at 8:30 A.M. Who needs sleep?

Made it though security fairly quickly, and decided it was perfectly acceptable to eat our first meal of the day at 4:30 A.M.

First food picture of the trip! LOL.. and it’s in bags.. Big fail, Nicole.

IMG_1686_zps100779e9.jpg

IMG_1687_zpsca936d7d.jpg

IMG_1688_zps99d8f598.jpg

Probably not a good idea to drink iced coffee when you are aiming to sleep on the flight down, but with all that excitement I guess it didn’t matter! Do you guys remember the commercial with the little boy who says, “I’m too excited to sleep!” Yep, that’s me in a nutshell on Disney eve.

We took so long eating, we didn’t realize our plane had already boarded and as we were walking to the gate, we heard them announce the final boarding call. We booked it! Could you imagine if we missed our flight? Oh the horror! I don’t know why we didn’t realize that you’d need to be on the plane prior to 5:59 in order for it to take off. Hey, it was early. I’m using that excuse :)

IMG_1691_zps52acb54c.jpg

IMG_1692_zps857b0b68.jpg

We made it on and were off! My friend slept for maybe 20 minutes, I didn’t sleep at all. Too much excitement! We read and chatted about what was yet to come.

We landed early (YESS!!!), and navigated our way like champs to the B side of the airport. Last year we got lost…this year we were pros. Haha.

IMG_1693_zpsfabcc90a.jpg

We scanned our matching pink magic bands at the magical express counter, saw that first mickey head light up green, and we’re off! It was time for our first Disney ride of the trip…a bus ride!

IMG_1696_zps0d56d9a9.jpg

Wilderness Lodge, get ready for us!!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
We continued with our waves to all the characters, just seeing them on that steam train is enough to brighten even the grumpiest person’s morning. And to top it all off, this was a Monday. How you doin’? Why can’t all Mondays be so magical! This extra bit of knowledge made the whole day seem so much more wonderful!

IMG_1969_zpsfe5c8184.jpg

IMG_1970_zpsc6ed4260.jpg

The family of the day welcomed us! Oh how jealous I am of you! Such an exciting task!

IMG_1972_zps38a1a9e3.jpg

We became one with the masses and made our way through the entrance. Seeing the castle up ahead was the absolute best feeling. Cinderella Castle just has that effect on me, I swoon. I could stare at it for hours. Every trip I tell myself, I do not need to take a million pictures of the castle. I do not need ten in the day, ten at this angle, ten at night, ten when it’s pink, or ten when it’s purple. I DO NOT NEED THEM. But I take them anyway. That castle is such a picture hog!

IMG_1974_zpsbcdb8346.jpg

Look at those blue skies!

IMG_1975_zps3fd50a26.jpg

We left our ponchos at our room, we were being optimistic about having no rain this trip!

Let’s hope it was a good decision!

IMG_1977_zpse81eb879.jpg

IMG_1976_zps52d706ce.jpg

IMG_1981_zps255e68af.jpg

IMG_1985_zps87ec5920.jpg

I AM HERE!!!!!

IMG_1987_zpsd688c183.jpg

We couldn’t contain our excitement, and took one too many photos! I can’t help it! HELP ME!! At least you all understand!

After our castle photoshoot, it was off to ride the first ride in the Magic Kingdom :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
In the words of Stacey, “You’re gonna get wet!!!!” And well, we did! We walked right on to Splash Mountain! :)
Hold on to your crowns!
IMG_1989_zps349ef59c.jpg

Of course, we got the front row! What a great way to begin the day, sitting front row as you hurdle over a hill in a log! Splash is one of the greatest. It’s super long, it’s set to catchy music, and you get soaked at the end. What else could you want? It allows me to have a zip-a-dee-do-dah day! We danced around with the riverboat scene at the end, singing and laughing with the chickens.

And then, round two! Rides are usually walk-ons first thing in the morning! One thing I’ve learned with fastpass plus, you don’t need a fastpass for 9 AM. Don’t waste it!If you head to a ride first thing, your wait time won't be bad! Since the line was short, we were ready for another trip to the laughin’ place!

IMG_1990_zps3ed91ab6.jpg

IMG_1991_zps700fe492.jpg

IMG_1992_zps63eb5af6.jpg

Even became skilled at on ride photos. Look at how pro we are becoming :)

IMG_1993_zps38bc886d.jpg

IMG_1997_zps33d9cf3c.jpg

IMG_2000_zpsfba4cb43.jpg

Not the big one! My stomach hates me at the drop! :)

IMG_2003_zps9424949f.jpg

And again, we got drenched. It was so refreshing! I think it may have been 90 degrees at 9 AM, so a nice water ride was just what we needed. Who needs a cup of coffee when you can ride Splash Mountain first thing in the morning?

Here's my best friend after her morning shower lol

IMG_2004_zps741a1f5a.jpg

IMG_2005_zpsb322b075.jpg

We made a pitstop at the restrooms, it was time for my hair to go up. Yep, it didn’t last that long. The Florida heat may have given me a bad hair day, but there’s never a bad day in Disney!

Next up was the wildest ride in the wilderness!!

Doc Disney

I don't know how I missed the fact that you started your TR!!! AHHH! Can't wait to read the rest of it…the trip looks like it was amazing so far :) Love the Anna and Elsa ears :inlove:

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
This ride was like an instant blow dryer. You get a lot of wind whipping around those bends! We were hysterically laughing, having the best time. I seem to always forget how wild Big Thunder Mountain truly is. I always tend to think of it as a mild roller coaster, and then I hop on board and am proven totally wrong.

IMG_2006_zps007bb89a.jpg

IMG_2007_zps054faf1c.jpg

IMG_2011_zps386e8007.jpg

Look at those gorgeous blue skies! The skies were sooo pretty the whole time we were there that day. I look at my pictures now and try to close my eyes and put myself back. Do you ever do the same? I wish they made a Yankee candle scented "Magic Kingdom". I want to be there :( They say scent is the best way to recollect memories, I wish I could bottle Disney World and wear it as perfume. Okay, back on topic...

There also was a message in the sky which we found pretty interesting…

IMG_2012_zps06064262.jpg

I don’t know where they would be doing that? Any ideas? It looked like it was directly over big thunder, but I am probably totally wrong in guessing airplane words projection measurements.

We then headed off to

IMG_2016_zpsfa59fef3.jpg

Our first ride was Pirates of the Caribbean. Such a classic. My friend ended up losing her ray-bans on this ride. They fell right off her head and into the water. Oops! At least it was not her finger! It was funny because on our last trip I left my ray-bans on the couch at Port Orleans while we were waiting for the Magical Express. Disney-2 Us-O Disney is just a ray bans thief!

She ended up buying some new cheap shades in the pirate store, but man was she mad! Haha.. things happen I suppose! Don't wear expensive sunnies to Disney, lesson still not learned LOL :)

IMG_2017_zps54843653.jpg

It was then time to hop on our magic carpet and take in some sights. Thanks Aladdin! I can show you the world, shining, shimmering, splendor!

IMG_2018_zpsc3b281ae.jpg

IMG_2023_zps20131245.jpg

IMG_2026_zps34fec06f.jpg

Ah, the heights!

IMG_2028_zps672af081.jpg

After all that sitting on rides, we were working up an appetite. That makes complete and total sense. Yes, I do think so. :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
My friend got an ice cream float. Ice cream would cure her sadness over the lost sunglasses.

IMG_2031_zps1b7cd28b.jpg

Mmmmmm! I wasn’t in the mood for ice cream just yet, I wanted real food! I dragged my friend back to the Golden Oak Outpost so I could get some waffle fries. I saw them on the Disney food blog and needed to try! I had a list of snacks stored in my notepad of my phone. Sick, I know!

I couldn’t decide which kind to try but eventually settled on the BLT with ranch. I convinced myself this counted as a salad. LOL

IMG_2032_zps7722a174.jpg

What a great healthy brunch, ice cream and fries!

Saw a friend…

IMG_2033_zpsea019558.jpg

After eating, we headed over to the Haunted Mansion. Time for more sitting! I don’t know why, but we didn’t take one picture here! It was at the restrooms afterwards that we snapped some shots! Oh Tangled restrooms, I’ll bet you’re the most photographed bathrooms in the world.

IMG_2035_zpsb6a1169b.jpg

IMG_2037_zpsdc314c36.jpg

We decided to go over to New Fantasyland. I had yet to see the completed mine train and was excited to see this project complete!

Posed on the way,

IMG_2040_zps784fb666.jpg

Are you sick of my face yet?

IMG_2042_zpsba432aff.jpg

Oh Beasty, come out and see us! We love you!

IMG_2043_zps36a7ac20.jpg

The mine train area is stunning! They did a great job with the landscaping, and the visual presence such a big ride has. New Fantasyland looked great without a big construction site plopped dead center. It really blends well and I kind of feel like walking into NFL is like walking into a whole different world!

IMG_2044_zps6e6497b8.jpg

We have been transported!
And of course, we had to take a selfie with the mine train. Who does that?

IMG_2045_zpsd096b6f2.jpg

We were overwhelmed and did not know where to head first! I decided to go and visit my real castle, since we were clad in our mermaid shirts! :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Prince Eric is such a good man, letting me move in here and all. Ariel and I are practically twins.

IMG_2047_zps33396548.jpg

IMG_2048_zps0a8cbc4e.jpg

I wanted to ride on my ride. I am Ariel, so therefore this ride is mine! Haha! The wait said 15 minutes, but it turned out to be 30! Oh well! I hadn’t been in the full queue before, and it was cool to see Scuttle! We helped out the crabs and admired all the details... I love the shells in the floor!

Finally it was our turn to go under the sea!

IMG_2050_zpsf1d4bcfc.jpg

I love all the music from The Little Mermaid, so I think that’s why I find this ride so cute! I just wish they made it a little bit longer. I feel like they left out the whole ending of the movie. I get married at the end so suddenly! I guess I’m just an Ariel-obsessed girl who can’t get enough!

I always joke with my dad that he is King Triton, so I had to snap a picture with him

IMG_2051_zps8ea65038.jpg

I think all the other guests think I am a fool with my hand placement. Oh well!

And now Ariel’s turn.

IMG_2052_zpse9b7c63c.jpg

I am a tool, I am aware. I was singing "ah ah ah ahhh ahh ahhh"

We caught a glimpse of this fine man walking down the street and knew we must go say hello.

IMG_2054_zps08839695.jpg

Gaston just cracks me up.

imagejpg7_zps984cc3de.jpg

imagejpg10_zpsb20ab4c3.jpg

He told us we needed a 360 view of him and spun in a circle. When his back was toward us he flexed his butt muscles, OMG it was embarrassing! Gaston!!!

Here I am hiding my blush.

imagejpg9_zpse06e9565.jpg

IMG_2059_zps185a0093.jpg

I felt terrible to my poor Beast at home, cheating on him in such a way! We said our farewells to Gaston, and went off to find some gemstones! We had a fastpass for none other than the new seven dwarves (or is it dwarfs?) mine train!

IMG_2062_zps53e93e55.jpg

DisneyMorgan

Yay you've started your report!!

Oh gosh, I think I would've cried if I missed my flight! Like major hysterical tears! Glad you made it ;)
I'm so excited about magic bands, I've already customized mine and my trip is over a year away! Not sure how my 3 yr old will like it though..
Ohh Wilderness Lodge. It's so pretty and peaceful looking. I hope I get to stay there someday!
The Frozen summer event looks so neat! I've watched the fireworks show on YouTube and I wish I could see it in person! And love the Anna and Elsa ears!
The video is too cute! How fun is that?! Seriously, out of all the reports I've read y'all look like you are having the absolute best time ever!
Can't wait to read more! Especially the cruise part! :D

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
IMG_2063_zpsbaf5c2a3.jpg

The mine train was super cute! I felt like the entire ride went by so fast... It kind of reminded me of Big Thunder Mountain, but with an indoor dark section as well. The dwarfs were so cute, I liked their faces. I had read that some people didn't like the faces, but I thought they looked real. I didn’t really feel the wobble, I guess it happened but I was oblivious to it! For some reason I thought the wobbling back and forth would be more pronounced. I think my favorite part of the ride was the room full of gems. So pretty! Everyone was reaching out trying to grab them. My only wish was that the ride was a little bit longer. I think I compare everything to Splash’s length, and this was definitely much shorter!

We both screamed and laughed our way through the mine; I think the seven dwarfs wanted us to shut the heck up! Haha!

IMG_2064_zpsf2a3f5f5.jpg

Almost lost my crown a few times on this! It’s a wild ride!

After going to work with the dwarfs, we were hungry! Heigh-Ho Heigh-ho it's off to lunch we go! Lunch time! Before our trip, we were asked to participate in the test for Fastpass+ at Be Our Guest and of course we agreed! They had amazing food from what we remembered.

We didn’t pre-order our food because who knows what we would be in the mood for months in advance! I kept saying I was going to order the French onion soup but when it came down to it, it was just too out outside! It's a good thing I didn't pre-order. :)

We walked over to check in and eat with the beast!

IMG_2065_zps27c46b79.jpg

IMG_2070_zps85129459.jpg

IMG_2067_zpsf69ff277.jpg

We placed our order and went to find a seat.. it was crowded in there! We didn’t want to eat in the main dining room because that’s where we had dinner last year, but that was the only table we could find. :( We basically sat in the same exact spot! Two times! We watched the snow fall in the window, it really is an amazing restaurant, both for food and ambiance! I wish there was somewhere as gorgeous at home that I could go eat lunch at!

IMG_2074_zps80c675e7.jpg

I had the croque monsieur with pomme frites, which is like a fancy grilled ham and cheese sandwich. It was SO GOOD. Did I say it was good? Because, IT WAS! I was iffy about trying it and I am so glad I did. I want it now. Can someone ship me one?

My friend had the carved turkey sandwich and she thought it as awesome too. We tried so hard to eat slow so we could enjoy a nice meal sitting down in air conditioning, but the food was too good to be savored. We lapped the table next to us. They got their food before us and were only starting their second halves of their sandwiches when we were finishing ours. Ooops! Also, had more cupcakes! I'm doing well this trip!

We ordered the master’s cupcake, which was chocolate cake topped with grey stuff and the strawberry cream cheese cupcake. We cut them in half and shared. What good friends we are! They were so yummy. These pictures are torturing me. If you can go to BOG for lunch, you must. Your stomach will thank you.

We then wanted to see the Festival of Fantasy parade, so we headed towards Main Street. Took some photos on the way over!

IMG_2075_zpsa5d94356.jpg

IMG_2076_zps473cdbe2.jpg

IMG_2077_zpsb14c6810.jpg

IMG_2079_zps427cdaf7.jpg

It was a wonderfully hot and humid August day, and we were thrilled it wasn't raining. Bring on the heat, I'd take that over rain any day! :)

dancingtodisney

Loving your TR! So sad that your trip is over but I'm delighted I get to read your TR before my trip. I absolutely LOVE your Anna and Elsa ears they are amazing! I'm definitely going to check etsy out before we head over. The Frozen event in HS looks like such good fun I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that they keep it going until October!

You got my favourite meal at BOG! That toasted sandwich is just to die for! :p

joshsprincess921

Awesome updates! I'm having so much fun reading your TR, but knew I would! Also, loved the video!

How were the waffle fries? I saw them on the food blog and thought they looked delicious!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Yay you've started your report!!

Oh gosh, I think I would've cried if I missed my flight! Like major hysterical tears! Glad you made it ;)
I'm so excited about magic bands, I've already customized mine and my trip is over a year away! Not sure how my 3 yr old will like it though..
Ohh Wilderness Lodge. It's so pretty and peaceful looking. I hope I get to stay there someday!
The Frozen summer event looks so neat! I've watched the fireworks show on YouTube and I wish I could see it in person! And love the Anna and Elsa ears!
The video is too cute! How fun is that?! Seriously, out of all the reports I've read y'all look like you are having the absolute best time ever!
Can't wait to read more! Especially the cruise part! :D

Thank you so much!! I'm having so much fun reliving my trip!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Loving your TR! So sad that your trip is over but I'm delighted I get to read your TR before my trip. I absolutely LOVE your Anna and Elsa ears they are amazing! I'm definitely going to check etsy out before we head over. The Frozen event in HS looks like such good fun I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that they keep it going until October!

You got my favourite meal at BOG! That toasted sandwich is just to die for! :p

It was soooo freaking good!! I want another lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom