Should we have an official HHN24 thread to share the news?

JoeCamel

Does anyone know how the "free" HHN ticket included with the PAP works? If the event is sold out and I show up with my ticket to exchange for the HHN pass will they let me in? I would hate to drive up there and find out I can't play.

Jeffxz

Does anyone know how the "free" HHN ticket included with the PAP works? If the event is sold out and I show up with my ticket to exchange for the HHN pass will they let me in? I would hate to drive up there and find out I can't play.

I believe if it is sold out, you won't be able to get a ticket. But the free ticket is only good for Sun-Thur, I don't think these nights regularly sell out. I have used mine the last 2 years and was able to get a same day ticket early in October.

You can also exchange the coupon earlier than the day of the event, so if you are able to get there before your HHN night, you can exchange it for a ticket then.

JoeCamel

Thanks, I do plan on a couple of trips early next month so I can do that. I hope the weather cooperates if I get it early.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Looking on youtube it appears the Rocky Horror Tribute Show has performed at both the Terminator theatre and the Beetlejuice theatre. Does anyone know where it is going to be placed this year? Really looking forward to seeing this and we're contemplating taking in a performance of Rocky Horror by The Rich Weirdos group at City Walk cinema at midnight one night too :cool:

JT3000

Looking on youtube it appears the Rocky Horror Tribute Show has performed at both the Terminator theatre and the Beetlejuice theatre. Does anyone know where it is going to be placed this year? Really looking forward to seeing this and we're contemplating taking in a performance of Rocky Horror by The Rich Weirdos group at City Walk cinema at midnight one night too :cool:

The past performances in the Terminator theater were Hollywood's version. Orlando has stuck to Beetlejuice until now, although I have heard a rumor of the show possibly moving.

mergatroid

Original Poster
We are hosting a Orlando United / Twitter HHN Meet Up with Youtubers The Trackers for those who are ages 18 and older on September 20th. More details to come, and hopefully many will be able to attend.

Details on how to sign up to the 'meeting' on the 20th September are featured here around the 3 minute mark

Timekeeper

What happens when you mix UOR with The Predator? Hmmm....

turn_around__over_here__by_drfaustusau-d6zptdj-dr-seuss-mash-ups.webp

EDIT:

And while we're at it, why not...

the_terminator__by_drfaustusau-d70gbcn-dr-seuss-mash-ups.webp

Last edited:

mergatroid

Original Poster
  1. ALL 8 HOUSES OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED

The Walking Dead House confirmed

From Dusk Till Dawn House confirmed

Alien vs Predator House confirmed

Dracula Untold House confirmed

Dollhouse of the Damned House confirmed

Roanoke Cannibal Colony House confirmed

Giggles & Gore House confirmed

Halloween house now officially confirmed

SCARE ZONES OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED

Face Off scare zone confirmed

Purge scare zone confirmed

MASKerade; Unstitched scare zone confirmed

Bayou of Blood scare zone confirmed

71jason

Didn't get an email this year, but RSVP is available again for early Annual Passholder access the first two weekends. Highly recommend you take advantage of it if you're an AP.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Here's a video taken in the daytime showing the Purge Scare Zone at Universal, obviously don't watch it if you don't want to spoil the surprise for yourselves

mergatroid

Original Poster
Hi guys,

might be a difficult question to answer but is it likely to be busier on Friday 19th Sept (opening day) or Saturday 20th Sept (2nd night)? We have Frequent Fear so can do either but wondered crowd wise which would be busier?

JT3000

Hi guys,

might be a difficult question to answer but is it likely to be busier on Friday 19th Sept (opening day) or Saturday 20th Sept (2nd night)? We have Frequent Fear so can do either but wondered crowd wise which would be busier?

Neither night should be busy (by HHN standards) but opening night is usually a little worse. Media, fanboys, etc.

ryan1

I've always found Saturday nights to be more crowded than Friday and since you are going so early in the HHN season I would suggest going opening night. I say that because I feel like that early in the season the people working the houses haven't quite figured out what works best and they don't seem to be as into it as they are in Oct. With it being opening night the press will be there and I'm sure the workers will be pumped up and want to show off to make sure the reviews are good.

71jason

Hi guys,

Opening Night has built up a steady crowd over the years--as JT3000 says, in line with the growth of lifestylers. Also, a lot of people with FFP don't seem to realize it covers the first Saturday. Saturday should be a slightly lighter crowd.

71jason

How crowded is October 30th (Thursday) likely to be? I selected it because it wasn't Halloween or Friday.

Fairly busy I'm afraid, tho probably not to the level of the Saturday or Sunday before. Firmly in "Halloween weekend" at that point.

Also, for the first time in half a decade, Halloween itself falls on a Friday. While crowds have definitely exploded in the last 5 years, I still think Halloween itself will be manageable, if not completely dead like it was 6 years ago. There's just too much else going on. People with kids need to take them trick-or-treating. Every bar in town will be having some sort of a costume contest, some with big money--girls love to dress up. I could be wrong--HHN crowds have become impossible to predict--but I think 10/31 will be a dull roar at best, hardly the busiest night of the event. (Weekend before? Probable sell-outs.)

mergatroid

Original Poster
I keep looking for maps online for HHN24 but can only locate HHN23 ones from last year. I'm wondering if they'll bring them out nearer the time or perhaps I'm just terrible at 'searching' for them? :arghh:

ThemeParkJunkee

Fairly busy I'm afraid, tho probably not to the level of the Saturday or Sunday before. Firmly in "Halloween weekend" at that point.

Also, for the first time in half a decade, Halloween itself falls on a Friday. While crowds have definitely exploded in the last 5 years, I still think Halloween itself will be manageable, if not completely dead like it was 6 years ago. There's just too much else going on. People with kids need to take them trick-or-treating. Every bar in town will be having some sort of a costume contest, some with big money--girls love to dress up. I could be wrong--HHN crowds have become impossible to predict--but I think 10/31 will be a dull roar at best, hardly the busiest night of the event. (Weekend before? Probable sell-outs.)

Thank you for your assessment. I did purchase the Express Pass just in case.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom