Best craft beer in Disney

Bparso87

Original Poster
What is the best craft beer you have had at Disney or any beer. I have a couple good ones and glad to see a little more in the parks.

Sweet Melissa

Hmm, there's not a great selection of craft beers on property year-round (or even during the Food & Wine Festival, for that matter). Dogfish Head 90-Minute IPA is probably the one I would recommend the most. It's available at Sci-Fi and the Flying Fish Café.

Bparso87

Original Poster
Hmm, there's not a great selection of craft beers on property year-round (or even during the Food & Wine Festival, for that matter). Dogfish Head 90-Minute IPA is probably the one I would recommend the most. It's available at Sci-Fi and the Flying Fish Café.
There is more then you think I know racer 5 is at Narcoossee's and jai alai. There is some good stuff out there but it is rare and far between. There is a good amount of IPAs but would love to see some good stouts r porters.

Sweet Melissa

No it's not and it seems food and wine has cut back on beers to but at least they cut blue moon out.
Yeah, it does seem like there are fewer options at the Food & Wine Festival this year, or at least fewer that pique my interest. I like that they keep trying to switch it up, though. There isn't a single beer at this year's Craft Beers marketplace that was offered last year. Just change itself is nice.

Bparso87

Original Poster
Yeah, it does seem like there are fewer options at the Food & Wine Festival this year, or at least fewer that pique my interest. I like that they keep trying to switch it up, though. There isn't a single beer at this year's Craft Beers marketplace that was offered last year. Just change itself is nice.
And no IPAs which is a good switch up most ppl think craft think ipas but there is so much more to offer I would love to see some barrel age stouts r something

The Incredible Schmulk

Yes who doesn't I think what makes me mad is always being underwhelmed at Belgium man they could at least give us duvel r chimay.
Scotland's booth has the best drinks in the Food and Wine Festival in all categories. The Innis & Gunn on tap is amazing (so hard to find on tap pretty much anywhere in the states), the scotch flight has an 18 Year Glenfiddich (which is worth the cost of the flight alone) and the Loch Lomond cocktail is freaking delicious.

I am very much underwhelmed with the selections in the Craft Beers booth this year, so I'm really glad that the Scotland booth is bringing back the quality again.

Bairstow

I'm not sure if anything at Disney qualifies as "craft beer" other than what they have at Big River.
Never been to the Disney location, but at the Chattanooga version their Southern Flyer and Sweet Magnolia aren't bad.
The Florida versions are probably different.

It's probably just Killian's, but I really enjoyed the Rix Red Lager I had at the Laguna Bar at Coronado.

Sweet Melissa

I'm not sure if anything at Disney qualifies as "craft beer" other than what they have at Big River.
The Brewers Association has pretty loose guidelines for what is "craft." The brewery just needs to be independently owned and produce less than 6 million barrels of beer annually.

jakeman

My recommendations:

Red Hook ESB at Territory Lounge at WL
Goose Island 312 at various locations
Oskar's Blues Dale's Pale Ale at various locations
P37 at Paradios 37

Just to name a few.

And no IPAs which is a good switch up most ppl think craft think ipas but there is so much more to offer I would love to see some barrel age stouts r something
I still think the Innis & Gunn over at the Scotland marketplace will be the thing that we get the most. I love Scotch ales.
Absolutely yes to both of these. Scotch Ales are pretty much a favorite of mine. IPAs can burn for all I care.

Yes who doesn't I think what makes me mad is always being underwhelmed at Belgium man they could at least give us duvel r chimay.
Belgium is aggressively horrible in their beer selection every year aren't they? I blame InBev for that one.

Never been to the Disney location, but at the Chattanooga version their Southern Flyer and Sweet Magnolia aren't bad.
The Florida versions are probably different.

It's probably just Killian's, but I really enjoyed the Rix Red Lager I had at the Laguna Bar at Coronado.
It's the same as Safari Amber that can be found in Animal Kingdom.

There are quite a few beers that qualify as craft at Disney.

I've found that venturing out to the various lounges nets a greater selection of craft beers. They aren't going to be some obscure bottle that you're only going to be able to find in your local taphouse, but usually it's miles better than the swill of the common man (Bud Light). It's pretty much the same craft beer selection that you'll find in your local semi-upscale grocery store.

Also, I noticed this summer in DHS and Epcot they've added craft beer stands, so maybe we are seeing a shift.

As for Food and Wine, they are doing local Florida craft beer well this year it seems. I know they are probably routine to a local (I know I get weary of seeing a few of our local brews pop up everywhere in central NC), but it's a nice change from the years of 37 different types of Abitas.

@sls19

Bparso87

Original Poster
My recommendations:

Red Hook ESB at Territory Lounge at WL
Goose Island 312 at various locations
Oskar's Blues Dale's Pale Ale at various locations
P37 at Paradios 37

Just to name a few.

Absolutely yes to both of these. Scotch Ales are pretty much a favorite of mine. IPAs can burn for all I care.

Belgium is aggressively horrible in their beer selection every year aren't they? I blame InBev for that one.

It's the same as Safari Amber that can be found in Animal Kingdom.

There are quite a few beers that qualify as craft at Disney.

I've found that venturing out to the various lounges nets a greater selection of craft beers. They aren't going to be some obscure bottle that you're only going to be able to find in your local taphouse, but usually it's miles better than the swill of the common man (Bud Light). It's pretty much the same craft beer selection that you'll find in your local semi-upscale grocery store.

Also, I noticed this summer in DHS and Epcot they've added craft beer stands, so maybe we are seeing a shift.

As for Food and Wine, they are doing local Florida craft beer well this year it seems. I know they are probably routine to a local (I know I get weary of seeing a few of our local brews pop up everywhere in central NC), but it's a nice change from the years of 37 different types of Abitas.

@sls19
I never knew dales pale ale was there might be my favorite beer in a can.

jakeman

Nice find. Thank you.
Just a small cavaet for that site/app, they do a good job of updating it, but sometimes they are a little late when a place stops serving a certain brew.

So grain of salt and all that.

Still a great app that has remained on my phone for years.

Bparso87

Original Poster
What brewery would u like to see more of in Disney I think stone is not at Disney enough I would like to see more founders to

jakeman

What brewery would u like to see more of in Disney I think stone is not at Disney enough I would like to see more founders to
Ooo, good question.

I can really get on board with more Founders.

Honestly? I enjoy most of the Sam Adam's beers (I know they are barely a craft brewery), but an expanded presence of more of their hard to find brews would be cool: Black Lager, Ruby Red, etc.

Great Divide would be good also and so NC can represent either Big Boss or Highland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom