Not open for further replies.

Zweiland

You haven't seen my Buffalo art yet!

Untitled-13_zpsf6ba4cd1.png

Sing it @englanddg ! :D

I have... and I still think it's amazing. *applause*

Zweiland

Zweiland's critique of Team Sea

Where shall I begin? How about with the art. Red, as always, your artwork is absolutely amazing. It helped set the tone to immerse myself completely into this land. The land itself was great. The idea wasn't as original as it could have been, but you built so many fantastic details into it that I'm not complaining.

I do think you could have added more rides. You went overboard on the playgrounds, games, shows, and streetmosphere, and the amount of rides obviously suffered because of that. You especially should have added more flat/carnival style rides, because that's what the challenge called for: "acting in a similar fashion as the current Toy Story lineup." Notice how JDM said he wanted a "multitude" of rides and a "few" food carts/merchandise shops? I believe that he meant that this land should focus primarily on small rides, and less on food carts and shops. That's not to say that I don't love all the additional stuff, because I do. I just don't think it's what should have been your focus.

The rides you do have, I love.

Santiago's Wrath
I love that we both included boat rethemes of RC Racer! In your case, I believe that the queue sets expectations too high for the ride. Guests don't like when the queue of an attraction is better than the ride, as evidenced by Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

Pirate's Journey
This is a perfect D-ticket re-imagining of PoTC, which I assume was your intention. I don't have any complaints or criticism here-- it's amazing!

Entrenamiento de Armas
Another good ride. Why didn't you include the handy table of ride stats like you did with the first two? I really enjoyed that touch, but I would have loved to see you keep it consistent and include it for all three rides.
I see a couple of typos too... but I won't point them out specifically.
The ride itself is great, and it's the one most like what I think JDM was looking for with this challenge.

The Restaurants and Food Carts
Englanddg, I assume you did the menus, and they were great. Again, I think there were too many of them... but that's another story. Palomillas sounds appetizing (and has me craving flan)!

The Shops
Very detailed... I like it. But what's the reasoning behind the World Cup merchandise? Did I miss something?

Playgrounds, Games, Shows, and Streetmosphere
Again, I think you spent too much time on these and not enough on rides.The streetmosphere options are a very nice touch, though! Captain Redbeard reminds me of Dreamfinder :D. Señor and Señora Galosa are awesome! (Does Galosa mean anything in Spanish? I searched, but all I found was that in Portuguese it means "people with flu symptoms". o_O)

The Website
Ehh... not your best work. I don't like the rotating skulls and crossbones, they make me seasick. :p Just kidding... but I do think they are tacky. (Insert Weird Al song here) I also got lost and kept clicking skulls I already had. Maybe you could use different icons for rides, restaurants, shops, and shows/games/interactive stuff. You also misspelled Entrenamiento de Armas on the title of the popup window.

Overall, good job this week!

Last edited:

tcool

Zweiland's critique of Team Sea

I do think you could have added more rides. You went overboard on the playgrounds, games, shows, and streetmosphere, and the amount of rides obviously suffered because of that. You especially should have added more flat/carnival style rides, because that's what the challenge called for: "acting in a similar fashion as the current Toy Story lineup." Notice how JDM said he wanted a "multitude" of rides and a "few" food carts/merchandise shops? I believe that he meant that this land should focus primarily on small rides, and less on food carts and shops. That's not to say that I don't love all the additional stuff, because I do. I just don't think it's what should have been your focus

Pirate's Journey
This is a perfect D-ticket re-imagining of PoTC, which I assume was your intention. I don't have any complaints or criticism here-- it's amazing!

Entrenamiento de Armas
Another good ride. Why didn't you include the handy table of ride stats like you did with the first two? I really enjoyed that touch, but I would have loved to see you keep it consistent and include it for all three rides.
I see a couple of typos too... but I won't point them out specifically.
The ride itself is great, and it's the one most like what I think JDM was looking for with this challenge.

The Shops
Very detailed... I like it. But what's the reasoning behind the World Cup merchandise? Did I miss something?

The World Cup Merchandise ... Spain likes soccer.

I failed as a proofreader by missing some spelling errors :(.

The Pirates Journey was made just to include the song actually. I had an idea for a hurricane theme when we were debating what land to go with.

Challenge 6: Some New Toys
Welcome to Hong Kong Disneyland! This week, contestants are challenged to replace the cheaply done Toy Story Land in the Chinese park. You are required to include multiple experiences, each attractive and fun, acting in a similar fashion as the current Toy Story line-up. The focus shouldn't be on one huge E-ticket, but on these separate D-tickets/C-tickets. You should also include a few merchandising options and food carts/counter service food locations (like Cheshire Cafe). Keep in mind the location of the land and make sure you integrate your theme well!​
Well actually @jdmdisney99 stated multiple experiences which would mean lots to do. Which we have multiple experiences.

Zweiland

The World Cup Merchandise ... Spain likes soccer.
Yes, but it's not very relevant to the pirate theme...
I failed as a proofreader by missing some spelling errors :(.
Don't blame yourself. I'm sure I missed some too.
Well actually @jdmdisney99 stated multiple experiences which would mean lots to do. Which we have multiple experiences.
And later, referring to those "multiple experiences", he said "these separate D-tickets/C-tickets", implying that those are the experiences he was talking about. Later, he said "You should also include a few merchandising options and food carts/counter service food locations (like Cheshire Cafe)". The word "also" suggests that these are not the multiple experiences he was talking about.

Regardless, I just don't think there were enough rides. The ones you did have, though, were great.

Sam Magic

If you're going to mention Canada you might as well include the U.S. too. So let's just say the whole world likes soccer.
No, the US has football. Our care for soccer is so little that we share the MLS with Canada, when bidding for the World Cup all the stadiums are NFL ones, and in order to get a World Cup we actually had to start the MLS (We did not have the MLS till 1994). Yeah, the US is not the biggest fan of soccer...hell we renamed it soccer so we could call something else football.

Zweiland

No, the US has football. Our care for soccer is so little that we share the MLS with Canada, when bidding for the World Cup all the stadiums are NFL ones, and in order to get a World Cup we actually had to start the MLS (We did not have the MLS till 1994). Yeah, the US is not the biggest fan of soccer...hell we renamed it soccer so we could call something else football.
1) Canada cares more for Canadian Football than it does for soccer. Which is to say, not a lot. Canada's biggest love is hockey.
2) The US did not rename it soccer. The British came up with that name. It stands for aSOCciation football (as opposed to rugby football, which was called rugger). After the 1980s or so, that term fell out of use in the U.K.

Sam Magic

1) Canada cares more for Canadian Football than it does for soccer. Which is to say, not a lot. Canada's biggest love is hockey.
2) The US did not rename it soccer. The British came up with that name. It stands for aSOCciation football (as opposed to rugby football, which was called rugger). After the 1980s or so, that term fell out of use in the U.K.
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. The point still remains that the US' love of soccer is very small compared to the of other nations previously mentioned.

RMichael21

RMichael21's Short Critique of Team Sea-
Great Job Team Sea!

The Site- I felt that it seems tacky and sloppy, especially with the black background and white text. At first I found it confusing how there was only one page of text and how the map was at the bottom, there was no additional info. You should have put the area descriptions on the website. I had to keep clicking back and forth to "connect the dots." Also, you should have included a key for the map, I had no idea what red, orange and yellow represented and which skulls were for attraction, restaurants and shops. Also, the orientation of the map was odd, I know you were going for north, south, east and west, but it's like the new WDW maps, sometimes that makes it A LOT harder to read it. Finally, I found it pretty difficult at first to differentiate the paths and the buildings, you should have made the paths a different color.

The Attractions- I thought the balance of attractions was so-so. The POTC attraction was nice, but I feel like you ended at a high point in the other POTC attractions. The RC Racer redo was nice, but it felt a little "off" for some reason. I also found that your main focus was not on the smaller rides, but on the shops and diversions, leading to the attractions being somewhat lackluster.

The Shops- I felt that both shops were a little under-themed. That's all.

The Restaurants- YUM!!!! (Sorry, I don't have anymore time to critique :D)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom