Halloween Party Magic Band

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Advertised in the park maps for the event is a special edition Magic Band:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/gallery/01sep2014-mickey's-not-so-scary-halloween-party-guide-map-2014/21779.htm

It sounds like a nice colletible idea, but kind of pointless. FP+ is not available during the party, you need some other form of admission media to get in to buy it and you have to make a purchase without it just to get it. I guess if you were going multiple times within a year, or knew you were going next year it would have some appeal.

cw1982

The only other benefit I can see to having it is if your party ticket is linked in MDE, you can use the band to get in and for fastpasses from 4-7 pm on the day of your party ticket.

I still agree that it's kind of a rip off, but only in the same way that the other limited edition bands are a rip off as well.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
The only other benefit I can see to having it is if your party ticket is linked in MDE, you can use the band to get in and for fastpasses from 4-7 pm on the day of your party ticket.

Except you have to get into the park to buy it first (unless it will be sold on non-party days). That's why it makes more sense if you're going to multiple parties.

cw1982

Except you have to get into the park to buy it first (unless it will be sold on non-party days). That's why it makes more sense if you're going to multiple parties.

Right... except that we don't know that it won't be sold on non-party days or earlier in the say on the day of the parties. Besides, the bands will work any other day as well, during a party or otherwise, so when they are purchased only matters to a minor extent, as most people going to WDW are there for more than one day.

Not sure why you're trying to argue with me lol. I said I agree with you.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Besides, the bands will work any other day as well, during a party or otherwise, so when they are purchased only matters to a minor extent, as most people going to WDW are there for more than one day.

True, but the novelty wears off on non-party nights. I wouldn't wear it to Epcot in March, for example. ;)

cw1982

True, but the novelty wears off on non-party nights. I wouldn't wear it to Epcot in March, for example. ;)

Sigh.

I already told you twice now that I agree with your statement that it's a bit of a rip-off. I don't care that much. I was simply stating my thoughts. Had I known you were going to blow up my alerts by dissecting every word I type and only acknowledging the parts that you think you can argue against, I don't think I would have bothered. It's just not that big of a deal.

I'm not sure how many who are there in October would be back in March, save for locals, so your point is illogical anyway.

Last time I'm going to say it: I can see why the same crowd who would buy any other limited edition band might want one of these, but I still see how this is a rip off for the average guest.

Have a nice day.

cw1982

I wasn't trying to be argumentitive or rude, just stating my points. I didn't think I was being disrespectful.

Maybe I'm reading you the wrong way. If I am, I'm sorry. It just came across to me like you were picking my posts apart, even though I said I agreed with your overall sentiment, because of the way you were honing in on parts of my statements to contradict them. I didn't understand why you were doing that, since I had already tried to make it clear that we pretty much agree.

Yes, special event bands have little relevance beyond that of any other band after the event is over. But that doesn't stop people from buying them. Look at the Star Wars Weekend bands. They didn’t sell out right away, but they were still popular nonetheless. Besides, some people might not care that the band is from a Halloween party and it's now Easter weekend. They may wear them because they like them.

Either way, for me it would be a waste, so I still say I agree. But I also understand that not everyone sees it the way I do.

mouse_luv

It's cool but not worth the 30$ IMHO. Plus, is this one of the MBs where you can only activate it once? I think it's kind of pointless, when you can get regular Magic bands free with your ticket package and decorate them yourself if you want lol and activate them as many times as you wish as well!!

cw1982

It's cool but not worth the 30$ IMHO. Plus, is this on of the ones where you can only activate it once? I think it's kind of pointless, when you can get regular Magic bands free with your ticket package and decorate them yourself if you want lol!

They can be used repeatedly as long as the battery works, just like any other band. But that still doesn't keep them from being a waste for the average guest.

mouse_luv

They can be used repeatedly as long as the battery works, just like any other band. But that still doesn't keep them from being a waste for the average guest.

Ok, so then they aren't like the HM special MB that you can only activate once.

mouse_luv

You only activate a magic band once but they can all be used repeatedly. Once activated they are linked to your account forever.

Ok because I swear I read something about the HM magic band stating it's different from the regular ones we get that it can only be activated and used for one visit/stay. Unlike our regular ones that you can activate and use them for multiple vacations.:confused:

Last edited:

WDWResort

I'd very much prefer they make "skins" that one can apply and remove as often as they'd like. After all, MagicBands serve one purpose only. To each their own, of course, but they're such a rip off. Only one I ever even considered getting is the Haunted Mansion one and still I retreated.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
I'd very much prefer they make "skins" that one can apply and remove as often as they'd like. After all, MagicBands serve one purpose only. To each their own, of course, but they're such a rip off. Only one I ever even considered getting is the Haunted Mansion one and still I retreated.

I've seen fans sell something like that online. Like a sticker or something, even with the same HM pattern.

Here's the actual band (LE 5,000 bands), looks nicer and has better packaging than the HM one. Note even the Mickey reader is decorated:

BwfAWbBCYAAq1q7.jpg:large

WDWResort

I've seen fans sell something like that online. Like a sticker or something, even with the same HM pattern.

Here's the actual band (LE 5,000 bands), looks nicer and has better packaging than the HM one. Note even the Mickey reader is decorated:

BwfAWbBCYAAq1q7.jpg:large

It does look amazing. I'm fighting the urge to actually buy one when I go, but it'd ended being just a decoration at home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom