The Engaged at Disney World Club

Demeter Tess

My boyfriend (now fiancee) proposed to me last month at Ohana. It's our favourite restaurant at WDW, and we always ask for a table with a view of Wishes. After the show was over, he turned to me and asked if I had made a wish. Moments later, he slipped the ring into my hand. It was very cute and I was very surprised!

Now we're busy planning our WDW wedding/disneymoon next June. :D

PekabooSmiles

My future-hubby proposed to me this past December while we were down in Disney for New Years. We are both huge Disney fans, but this was our first trip together.

It was our first full day there and we started out in Animal Kingdom. It was so crowded that we were a bit cranky, but he insisted we had to go to the Magic Kingdom which was open until 1am that night. Never one to pass up the MK, we headed there right as AK closed. As soon as we entered the park, he grabbed my hand and we went on a whirlwind of ride after ride after ride. He seemed a bit off, but I figured it was just the result of a long day. We made it to the castle as the MSEP was going on. No one was standing right by the castle, so I decided to take some pictures up close since I've always loved the way the castle is decorated for the holidays. After taking a few shots, I felt him grab my hand. I turned around to see him down on one knee with the ringbox in his hand!

We have our Disneymoon planned for this October! :joyfull:

amy1985

This post is a little old, but my husband proposed the first night on the Polynesian beach ( October 2010). We had no money when we first started out and he gave me a cubic zirconia, we headed to the Orlando courthouse the next day to get married and when we were there in October 2012, we went to the contemporary beach to watch the fireworks and he gave me a diamond band and threw the old ring in bay lake:) I would have been fine with a cubic zirconia for he rest of my life, but now I will always have a special memory when I look at bay lake and a special ring on my finger

slappy magoo

I proposed at Rose and Crown in August of 2005. Her younger sister was about to get married in about 6 weeks. I told her that I wanted that to be over and done before I officially proposed so the time planning would be all about us (well, HER) without horning in on the impending action. She of course didn't want to wait for a LITTLE sister to get married first. At one point I even let the cat out of the bag that I was planning to ask her at WDW but she willed herself to forget :D

So we had reservations at Rose and Crown and with a little bit of needling I managed to get a seat outside (which we were always able to get before, the ONE TIME I "needed" it, they put us inside, in a corner, next to some seriously loud drinkers! But it all got sussed out). I didn't bring up the proposal or anything else beyond small talk and how nice the vacation was so far. A few minutes before 9, flowers arrive at our table. She was not expecting this. I told her that I hoped this night would be a special night, that I hoped she's been happy on the trip, that I hope she's been happy with me, and would continue to be so...but right now, I said, the most important hope, is that the ring will fit. And with that I got down on one knee and whipped it out (no, the ring, what the hell is wrong with you?), told her I loved her and how the ring was a replica of her grandmother's wedding ring (who had passed before I met her but was a very big influence on my wife), and then I said the words. She said Yes. A large group of CM dining around the corner whooped it up. People sitting right next to us had no idea why people got so loud, turned around, saw the proposal happening 6 inches from them and screamed. Great timing, RoE started and we had our fireworks. After the show, the CMs at Rose and Crown presented us with a certificate by which to remember the night and sang a bit of "All You Need Is Love."

Now comes the awkwardness.

Instead of going back to the room, WHICH WOULD HAVE MADE ALL THE SENSE IN THE WORLD, we opted to go to Pleasure Island, because it was our last full night. Went to Comedy Warehouse, got the "hot seat," the place where there's a phone, the cast calls you up, asks you questions so they can instantaneously write a song about you. So they got the whole proposal story. My wife is a very private person, despite being a teacher. She'll make an out of herself in public for the good of a lesson or to be a good sport but doesn't like people knowing our personal bidness. She took the song like a trooper, though. However, after that show, we went to the ol' Adventurer's Club. I'm sure the good little Disney gnomes had scouts reporting that a couple that just got engaged were entering as a way to make our night more magical. However, when the cast members there told us all about OUR OWN LIVES AND OUR PROPOSAL, it made my wife verrrrry uncomfortable. People who shouldn't be privy about our lives know who we are! Yikes! She didn't flip out but you could tell she was put off. Then the next day, WDW guests who recognized us from one club or the other congratulated us, and she still felt weird about strangers knowing us. I joked "yeah, I remember the first time I was profiled on America's Most Wanted, it felt weird to have so many people recognize me, but it passes, don't worry."

We tend to remember the first hour of engagement bliss more than the following 12-24.

MDactor1980

Husband and I got engaged in WDW on January 13, 2012 (Friday the 13th!).

I planned the trip as a surprise weekend getaway over MLK weekend. We did a day in Epcot and a day in MK. We arrived late Friday night at the GF. I couldn't wait any longer, and wanted the moment to be semi-private, so after we got to our room I suggested we take a little walk and see what we could see of the park from the resort. We got not too far outside of our building and could see Cinderella Castle glowing over the lagoon through some treetops. We chatted and looked around, and at this point, boyfriend was just surprised with an unexpected weekend in Disney. Then I got down on one knee, pulled the ring from my back pocket, and the rest is history. He was so excited that I didn't actually get my "Yes" until we were on the elevator, and I asked for confirmation!

The rest was a magical weekend, with huge congratulations from Cinderella when we had dinner at 1900 Park Faire, and a moment with a MK photographer who told us to do something "magical" so I recreated the proposal in front of the castle. Hope the pictures work!

Attachments

• 404198_10151222527100136_1215018147_n.jpg
    404198_10151222527100136_1215018147_n.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 428870_10151222509905136_594012504_n.jpg
    428870_10151222509905136_594012504_n.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 65

cubs9911

I proposed last August at the MK. Right before the fireworks started I took my then girlfriend on the path that goes from what was toontown to Space Mountain. I waited till no one else was on the path and then got on a knee and proposed. She said yes and as I got up to kiss her, the fireworks started. Pretty much exactly how I drew it up. We're getting married in a month and of course are Honeymooning in Disney World.

sls19

What a great thread!

My husband and I met working on Kilimanjaro Safari's on the 1999 college program. In 2002, we went to Victoria and Albert's to celebrate our anniversary. It was December and we went to look at the Osborne lights before dinner. Dinner was amazing and I was so excited to get to eat there, but he seemed a little "off"- When I went to the restroom the server asked him for the ring because they planned to bring it to me on a silver tray. My husband (wisely) declined because he thought I would scream (he was right) and he didn't want all the attention. When we were leaving, the staff was smiling hugely and everyone was commenting "have a GREAT night" (since they knew something I didn't!) We went outside on the Grand Floridian beach and my husband proposed out there. It was perfect and we have been lucky enough to return to V&A's for our one year, five year and ten year anniversaries.

jakeman

What a great thread!

My husband and I met working on Kilimanjaro Safari's on the 1999 college program. In 2002, we went to Victoria and Albert's to celebrate our anniversary. It was December and we went to look at the Osborne lights before dinner. Dinner was amazing and I was so excited to get to eat there, but he seemed a little "off"- When I went to the restroom the server asked him for the ring because they planned to bring it to me on a silver tray. My husband (wisely) declined because he thought I would scream (he was right) and he didn't want all the attention. When we were leaving, the staff was smiling hugely and everyone was commenting "have a GREAT night" (since they knew something I didn't!) We went outside on the Grand Floridian beach and my husband proposed out there. It was perfect and we have been lucky enough to return to V&A's for our one year, five year and ten year anniversaries.
You forgot to tell them the part where you went through my pockets looking for the ring...

:D

Racrilen

I proposed to my now wife at the Magic Kingdom on St. Patrick's Day back in 2010. We were at Cinderella's Wishing Well and I gave her a coin to throw in (I made sure it had her birth year on it) and when she turned around I was down on one knee.

Jessica Butler

My fiancé proposed to me at Disney World.
Long story short, I was diagnosed with Cervical Cancer in Nov. 2013. We traveled to Disney World (my first trip ever) as a "Congratulation for finishing Chemo and Radiation!"
We arrived on May 22, 2014 and did a few things here and there. We went to DD to eat some dinner then we walked around and he showed me some of the sites at DD. He was carrying a huge back pack which he would not let out of his site. He was so weird about me holding the book bag through the day and even at the airport. (He even took it to the bathroom with him).
Well we ended up at the Polynesian Resort just in time to watch MK fireworks and after the fireworks, he got down on one knee in the sand and popped the question!
It was definitely a night I will never forget! :)

TXDisney

I proposed right in front of the castle to start out our vacation and in the morning of our 2nd day there. It was awesome bc we had the east of the trip to celebrate, so I holy recommend doing it in the beginning of your trip, bc it makes the celebrating that much more fun and magical. I wanted to do it on a private boat while watching the wishes fireworks, but that was pricey.

I got engaged in August at the Beach Club in front of the Ariel statue by the DVC villas because I am a major Ariel fan. We used a stand-in ring because my fiance is having a custom Little Mermaid themed ring made and it is not ready yet. He will be re-proposing when my ring is finished in front of Cinderella's Castle. I also thought about having him propose in Epcot in front of the Imagination Paviliion because my fiance is the original Dreamfinder. We met due to his D23 video...lol.

dreamfinder

I got engaged in August at the Beach Club in front of the Ariel statue by the DVC villas because I am a major Ariel fan. We used a stand-in ring because my fiance is having a custom Little Mermaid themed ring made and it is not ready yet. He will be re-proposing when my ring is finished in front of Cinderella's Castle. I also thought about having him propose in Epcot in front of the Imagination Paviliion because my fiance is the original Dreamfinder. We met due to his D23 video...lol.

Ron Schneider? Congrats.

LostPrincessKarleigh

My fiancé and I just got engaged at WDW in May of this year. (On my birthday!) He planned the whole thing to happen at BOG and even had a special delivery from Disney Florist of a tiara and flowers. It was unbelievable!
My ring also has "hidden mickeys" on it!
We are planning our wedding at WDW for next May. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom