Avengers: Age of Ultron

Matt_Black

I am not talking powers just villains. I know doom can do more threaten more but darkside and thanos r just as powerful if not more. I would say is doom is more like ras if anyone from dc.

I don't think I made my point right. Doom has several justifications why the heroes can't kill him, even if some are stupid ("Oh, that was just a robot the whole time!"), whereas since the Joker was turned from a very colorful crook into a mass murderer, the fact that he constantly gets loose and kills without the heroes doing something to permanently stop him one way or the other pushes the bounds of believability, and this is coming from a guy who enjoys stories about people shooting laser out of their eyes.

TB4244

Ok so I got a magazine that tells the plot of the movie. So here it goes:

According to the trailer description, I think Ultron is an old Iron Man suit that was blown up but somehow survives. In the magazine, it says Ultron is created by Tony Stark to fight for the Avengers while they take a break, but of course it backfires on him, but Ultron is extremely intelligent because Tony uploaded some of his intelligence to him while creating him. Ultron thinks that the world would be more peaceful without the Avengers and he is mad about Tony trying to control him (hence the whole strings thing). So then Ultron creates an army of robots and tries to destroy the Avengers.

And Ultron is the one who creates The Vision, but I don't know how Jarvis becomes The Vision.

Yup that sounds likely to me, its the only way I can imagine it working and explaining the creation of Ultron without Pym.

But lets not discuss Doom, as I'm already dreading the F4 reboot. From everything I've seen and read, it sounds...awful.

Matt_Black

Yup that sounds likely to me, its the only way I can imagine it working and explaining the creation of Ultron without Pym.

But lets not discuss Doom, as I'm already dreading the F4 reboot. From everything I've seen and read, it sounds...awful.

On the plus side, maybe it will be SO awful that the sequel gets scrapped and the rights are given back to Marvel, not unlike what happened with Ghost Rider after the Spirit of Vengeance movie.

Bparso87

It does sound bad but doom will be good. Toby kebbel is doom he is te same actor that played koba in the new apes movie and that was the best villain of the year so far.

Matt_Black

It does sound bad but doom will be good. Toby kebbel is doom he is te same actor that played koba in the new apes movie and that was the best villain of the year so far.

Heck, even great actors can't always save a crappy film. Super Mario Bros. had Dennis Hopper and Bob Hoskins and it was still awful. Granted, we might get one scene of brilliance, a la Raul Julia's "It was a Tuesday" speech in Street Fighter, but other than that, I'm predicting this FF movie will have people longing for the sophistication and nuance of Roger Corman's FF movie.

Bparso87

Heck, even great actors can't always save a crappy film. Super Mario Bros. had Dennis Hopper and Bob Hoskins and it was still awful. Granted, we might get one scene of brilliance, a la Raul Julia's "It was a Tuesday" speech in Street Fighter, but other than that, I'm predicting this FF movie will have people longing for the sophistication and nuance of Roger Corman's FF movie.
Yes I think it will be bad but foxes xmen have shocked me so have fingers crossed I know it doesn't look good but no one thought DOFP would be good either

Matt_Black

Yes I think it will be bad but foxes xmen have shocked me so have fingers crossed I know it doesn't look good but no one thought DOFP would be good either

Really? No one thought it would be good? It was a follow up to the acclaimed First Class and it was directed by Bryan Singer, the only director to make good X movies so far.

Bparso87

Really? No one thought it would be good? It was a follow up to the acclaimed First Class and it was directed by Bryan Singer, the only director to make good X movies so far.
So how was first class acclaimed but singer the only one to make a good xmen movie. I heard lot of negativity around it. I didn't think it would be horrible but it was amazing to me. Quicksilver scene was great and ppl didn't like him being thrown in just to compete with the avengers.

TB4244

I didn't bother with DoFP as the last few X movies annoyed me too much. I resolved not to watch anymore.

erasure fan1

Yea I'm with @Matt_Black on this one. I thought the buzz around future past was extremely positive and people were very excited for it. Especially after what was one of the greatest trailers to ever see the light of day. :D The first trailer for future past was incredible, I still get goose bumps every time I watch it. And yes the quick silver scene was fantastic.

As far as the new fantastic 4 goes, it has absolute disaster written all over it in my eyes. I still hold out hope for it but I just have a bad felling its going to just not be very good.

Matt_Black

Yea I'm with @Matt_Black on this one. I thought the buzz around future past was extremely positive and people were very excited for it. Especially after what was one of the greatest trailers to ever see the light of day. :D The first trailer for future past was incredible, I still get goose bumps every time I watch it. And yes the quick silver scene was fantastic.

As far as the new fantastic 4 goes, it has absolute disaster written all over it in my eyes. I still hold out hope for it but I just have a bad felling its going to just not be very good.

I think the best case scenario for comic movie fans IS it being terrible and Fox stops trying, instead just focusing on X-Men. No matter how good Marvel Studios' movies continue to be, a glut of superhero films, especially ones that aren't very good in comparison, is going to kill audiences' enthusiasm.

|Q|

Michael Douglas as YOUNG Hank Pym?!? I think you may have had a typo or slip there....

Digitally young Michael Douglas. After what they did with Skinny Steve Rogers, It would not be that hard to bring back a "The Streets of San Francisco" era Michael Douglas.

SosoDude

Digitally young Michael Douglas. After what they did with Skinny Steve Rogers, It would not be that hard to bring back a "The Streets of San Francisco" era Michael Douglas.

Lets not forget it could go bad like the "young" Jeff Bridges ala Tron:Legacy .....

doctornick

On the plus side, maybe it will be SO awful that the sequel gets scrapped and the rights are given back to Marvel, not unlike what happened with Ghost Rider after the Spirit of Vengeance movie.

I'm praying this is the case.

I really love the Fantastic Four and want to see a movie (or movies) that does them justice. I'm just skeptical that Fox will ever do so and this new reboot sounds terrible.

Meanwhile, they would be a perfect fit in an ever expanding MCU. And who wouldn't want to see a Thing vs Hulk fight on the big screen?

Matt_Black

I really love the Fantastic Four and want to see a movie (or movies) that does them justice. I'm just skeptical that Fox will ever do so and this new reboot sounds terrible.

Meanwhile, they would be a perfect fit in an ever expanding MCU. And who wouldn't want to see a Thing vs Hulk fight on the big screen?

Personally, I'm waiting for the Johnny Storm hits on every female character he runs into scenes. "Hey, Black Widow, how YOU doin'?"

TB4244

Cinematic rights for F4 and X-Men belong to Fox, Spider-Man comes under Sony and Avengers belongs to Marvel Studios. So the likelihood is that you'll never see Spidey or Ben Grimm team up with the Avengers anytime soon. They all exist in completely different universes. For instance, in Age of Ultron Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch will not be classed as mutants, they're inhumans despite being the offspring of Magneto, who also won't be mentioned because of the licence rights to put them on screen.

And yes, the F4 reboot sounds like a train wreck to me. Even Marvel themselves are distancing themselves from it.

Matt_Black

Cinematic rights for F4 and X-Men belong to Fox, Spider-Man comes under Sony and Avengers belongs to Marvel Studios. So the likelihood is that you'll never see Spidey or Ben Grimm team up with the Avengers anytime soon. They all exist in completely different universes. For instance, in Age of Ultron Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch will not be classed as mutants, they're inhumans despite being the offspring of Magneto, who also won't be mentioned because of the licence rights to put them on screen.

And yes, the F4 reboot sounds like a train wreck to me. Even Marvel themselves are distancing themselves from it.

Also, for what it's worth, Universal apparently has the rights to Namor, so don't hold your breath for a Defenders or Invaders movie.

AllyInWonderland

Original Poster
Vision is finally revealed! This was posted on someone's Instagram.
image.jpg

FoozieBear

I didn't bother with DoFP as the last few X movies annoyed me too much. I resolved not to watch anymore.

Actually, Days of Future Past is kind of like a reboot and fixes every problem every body had with the past few films. I despised of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, The Last Stand and last years' Wolverine movie. Thanks to this film, every one of those problems have been fixed and we can move on and forget they ever happened.

Even without that, it was a brilliant film. I highly recommend it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom