Bus Times

AlanaH

Original Poster
Hi all,

My flight lands at 10:30AM. We are staying at CBR. We are use using DME. How long does it take to get to our there?

Thanks!

You will walk from the flight gate to DME on lower level and might have to wait for bus to fill. Probably not more than 15 min. Then about 45 min to WDW. If bus makes stops at other resorts, and probably will, could be hour and a half tops. Your checked baggage if you used the DME tags will not come with you. They come on a separate truck. But you can check in, grab lunch or go to a park and bags will be waiting in your room when you return.

SteveW

If you are arriving on the A side of the airport, be sure to cross over to the B side while still on the 3rd level before going to the lower level.

Rob562

In my experiences with DME, it's averaged about 70-75 minutes from the moment I stepped off the plane to the moment I stepped off the bus at the hotel. That included airport walk time, a bathroom break, checkin and waiting in line at DME and then the bus ride itself.

You also have a good chance at being the first stop when you get to Disney.

-Rob

TXDisney

My flight lands at 9:30am and we're staying at the boardwalk. We're going to Epcot that day... We already got the baggage stuff so we can send our bags straight to the resort and check in later in the day, but what's the best and fastest way to get to epcot? Will a bus take us straight there? Or will it stop at tons of places, which will take us an extra hour? Is it easier just to send my bags to the resort and take a cab to epcot?

Rob562

A couple things things:

1) You are required to have at least one person ride the DME bus in order for them to transport your luggage.
2) The DME bus sill only bring you to your designated hotel.
3) There are no set routes on DME, just resort zones. You could be the 1st stop, you could be the 3rd or 4th stop.
4) You can walk to Epcot from Boardwalk. If there's a boat waiting it'd be close to the same amount of time as walking, but walking is usually faster.

-Rob

TXDisney

Thank you!!! So we'll just take the DME and if there's only a few stops rather than 10 it won't be that bad. I can deal with 1-4 stops just not a bunch. The DME doesn't take the same route from the airport every time? I figured they would.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thank you!!! So we'll just take the DME and if there's only a few stops rather than 10 it won't be that bad. I can deal with 1-4 stops just not a bunch. The DME doesn't take the same route from the airport every time? I figured they would.
When we went last month, the Boardwalk DME bus shared with Yacht Club, Beach Club and Caribbean Beach and was the 3rd stop after departing from the airport. Those resorts are in very close proximity to each other and we arrived less than an hour after leaving MCO.

TXDisney

My flight lands at 9:35 so I should be inside epcot you think by 11:00? Just trying to figure out my fast pass times to book. I know it gives an hour timeframe for each ride, but I'd like to get there and start the fun right away.

Rob562

They group resorts together based on which resorts have Guests going to them. Sometimes you even get an entire bus going to one resort because they have a large number of people all arriving at the same time.

A DME bus will stop at a maximum of 4 resorts on its run.

DME bus drivers are allowed to choose what order they make the stops unless they're going to Grand Floridian. Grand Floridian will always be the first stop on buses with Guests going there. (Again there's another exception, if they also have Polynesian, they will stop there before GF due to the bus being unable to safely make the left turn into Poly coming from GF.)

-Rob

TXDisney

Thanks for the advice. Was debating just taking a cab if it was gonna take long, but it seems like it might only take an extra 30-45min or so.

TXDisney

Quick question I'm staying at the boardwalk and have my stickers to put on my baggage that I check. I read that if your flight arrives before 10am they grab your bags and take it to it room before 3pm checkin. But if your flight lands after 10am you have to grab the bags. Is this true? Secondly... My flight lands at 9:35sm so it's kind of a tweener, by the time I get to disneys bus, it'll be around 10, do I or will they take care of those checked bags?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Quick question I'm staying at the boardwalk and have my stickers to put on my baggage that I check. I read that if your flight arrives before 10am they grab your bags and take it to it room before 3pm checkin. But if your flight lands after 10am you have to grab the bags. Is this true? Secondly... My flight lands at 9:35sm so it's kind of a tweener, by the time I get to disneys bus, it'll be around 10, do I or will they take care of those checked bags?
They will take your bags and put them in your room. Only if you land after 10 p.m. do you need to get your own bags.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom