If "A Goofy Movie" was put into a stage show?

Do you think "A Goofy Movie" would make a good stage-show at Disney?

• Yes

Votes: 27 57.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • I haven't seen the movie, so I wouldn't know!

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I've always loved A Goofy Movie. It's one of my favorite Disney toon movies of all time! The sequel was kinda.. Eh.. But the first movie! It had the catchiest songs! A great storyline! And you actually know who Max is after watching the thing!

Now, I know it's obviously not Disney's biggest hit... or very well known.. But I think that might could contribute to it being a good musical stage show! :) "A Goofy Show" or something! Imagine the effects they could use with a screen backdrop during the road scene and such! And the musical numbers!

Also, it would give Goofy (my all time favorite out of the triplet) a huge show to be in! Including Max :) Goofy is a very well known character, and the movie was honestly really really well done if you watch it not from a teenage-point of view xP

I dunno.. It's a really random thought. I've always thought the songs kind of stood out as a "musical show" style I think it'd be great in the Beauty & the Beast outdoor auditorium.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Would it be as popular and successful as Frozen or Tangled would be? No.
Would it be good? Yeah, probably!

The big constraint is that I feel this particular film appeals primarily to my generation (I'm 26) since I was the "right" age when it came out.

Obviously the Powerline numbers would be great, but... I sure would LOVE to see the Lester's Possum Farm segment...

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Would it be as popular and successful as Frozen or Tangled would be? No.
Would it be good? Yeah, probably!

The big constraint is that I feel this particular film appeals primarily to my generation (I'm 26) since I was the "right" age when it came out.

Obviously the Powerline numbers would be great, but... I sure would LOVE to see the Lester's Possum Farm segment...

Oh noo no definitely not among the popularity of Frozen. But just as a general new attraction.. I'm pretty sure it'd get the same amount of people in as Voyage of the Little Mermaid does at DHS !

I don't think there really is a bad age-frame to watch this movie except obviously those teen years where you think it's stupid. (Not referring to all teens) But I watched this movie about a hundred times when I was a little kid, and I still watch it about once a month to this day! I've just always wanted to see some sort of it in person. I think it'd be a good show for DHS :)

FettFan

Only if we can have a Pauly Shore meet and greet.
l_464b9246ba994598a5c997f00b4afaf1.jpg

Tom Morrow

I think its one of Disney's most under-rated movies and it would definitely make a great stage show. Unfortunately it was never anywhere near as popular as their major feature animation films.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I think its one of Disney's most under-rated movies and it would definitely make a great stage show. Unfortunately it was never anywhere near as popular as their major feature animation films.

BUUUUUT ... !

The storyline. The concept. With it being Goofy and all.. Even if the movie never existed.. If the thing was a show, do you reckon it would be a good musical stage show?

LizC

I for one enjoyed watching those videos! I remember this movie and oddly enough was just talking about it this evening. There is a Christmas show on Netflix my kids watch that has a cartoon with Goofy & Max.

While I don't think it would be hugely popular, I do think it would be a fun show. My kids are preschoolers and love goofy!!

Matt_Black

I voted "No", only because that gets in the way of my dream of having a Gargoyles stage show, written by Greg Weisman with music and lyrics by Kristen-Anderson Lopez and Robert Lopez.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I voted "No", only because that gets in the way of my dream of having a Gargoyles stage show, written by Greg Weisman with music and lyrics by Kristen-Anderson Lopez and Robert Lopez.

In other words, ANY new stage show would be voted as "no" from you. :p

Gargoyles would've made a pretty awesome parade-like show ! Kinda like the one marvel has at Universal :3

Matt_Black

In other words, ANY new stage show would be voted as "no" from you. :p

Not necessarily. I'd also go for Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Treasure Planet, Gravity Falls (you just KNOW Alex Hirsch and company are gearing up for a full on musical episode), or an adaptation of the USO show bit from Captain America (yes, yes, Uni contract, blah blah blah).

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Not necessarily. I'd also go for Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Treasure Planet

Atlantis would've made an awesome dark ride cx

I never was a big fan of Treasure Planet really.. Thought it was kinda boring compared to Atlantis. But I do wish disney kept going in that direction! .-.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I take it you've seen this?

I have!

Yeah, I've never watched the whole thing either, but then Goof Troop wasn't one of my favorite Disney Afternoon shows. Now, if they ever made a Gargoyles or Tex Tinstar movie, I'd be on those like white on rice!
Ironically I've never cared for the Goof Troop series either... But the film rarely had anything to do with the series anyways, given that basically the whole family of Max and Goofy, and Pete and PJ are all absent from the film.

Cmdr_Crimson

Ironically I've never cared for the Goof Troop series either... But the film rarely had anything to do with the series anyways, given that basically the whole family of Max and Goofy, and Pete and PJ are all absent from the film.

Many believed that Peg Divorced Pete and took Pistol which is why they aren't there...However the only other characters that ever came back from the movie is Roxanne which appeared in House of Mouse..But, then in Twice upon a christmas he's dating a new girl Mona...Plus I wish they could have made a 3rd film with Goofy Marrying Sylvia..It could have wrapped up nicely..

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Many believed that Peg Divorced Pete and took Pistol which is why they aren't there...However the only other characters that ever came back from the movie is Roxanne which appeared in House of Mouse..But, then in Twice upon a christmas he's dating a new girl Mona...Plus I wish they could have made a 3rd film with Goofy Marrying Sylvia..It could have wrapped up nicely..
Yea, I noticed that Roxanne wasn't mentioned at all in the sequel to A Goofy Movie... In fact, I didn't like the sequel at all. I think I didn't like it because there was something missing... The fact that it wasn't a charming musical was probably a big reason why I didn't enjoy the second film, being a theatre geek and all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom