will i ever get to ride the mine train?

mergatroid

Still not a sniff of a FP for SDMT for us and I'm trying everyday :mad:. Being AP holders we get 30 days advance bookings but when I go on all SDMT FP's are gone. Tried getting up at 5am UK time when it changes to midnight in the US but no, even then the FP's are all gone. We're there for 3 weeks and yet not one day have we had the chance to book this ride, it's quite astounding :arghh::jawdrop::bawling::(:banghead:

sjhym333

Actually I was able to pick one up for today by checking yesterday. It is just the luck of the draw when someone cancels theirs and you happen to be online to pick it up. I have found (and a CM told me) that you should continue to check MDE throughout the day to look for FP's that you want. People constantly are changing plans and we have been able to pick up last minute choices all the time.

DisneyCane

hey, i got them! they're for the hour before our ADRs in DHS, but you know. :rolleyes: i'll keep checking and move some stuff around if need be. i'm just glad i have *something*.

If you get there right at the beginning of the window and head straight to DHS after riding, you should barely make it. The ride is very short so you should be off and on your way out of MK by 15 after the hour.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
fp+ are gone for every day i'm going to be there. is there still standby, and how crazy is it? i'm going 10/4-10 and just got my tickets last night and am trying to figure out what i'm doing. is standby still an option at some of these rides, or is it just a nightmare?

You're probably doomed for the rest of you're life.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
hey, i got them! they're for the hour before our ADRs in DHS, but you know. :rolleyes: i'll keep checking and move some stuff around if need be. i'm just glad i have *something*.

You can show up 5 minutes early too, may be off the ride close to the opening of your FP+ window if you do.

kasey1988

we booked our fast passes the first day they were available, we had no issues getting a fastpass for mine train on both days in the magic kingdom!

durangojim

Could only get one 7dmt fp for a date that's 64 days out and part of our 5 day trip. Maybe because it's the week before the food and wine race?

weatherdude

I was on at midnight today for my trip in November. A&E and mine train were booked for everyday of our trip. That being said, I was looking for FP for our party of nine, so maybe if I had broken the party, I could have got in. I'll just try to ride it during EMH...if the line is too long, oh well. There's always next trip.

disney4life2008

I find it unbelievably frustrating trying to get a FP for this ride! We are local passholders so can only book 30 days out. We have all but given up adding SDMT to part of our MK experience. We go at least 3 times a month and since the initial ones we got for opening day, have yet to be successful scoring any more. Yes, we've tried ALL the tips...booking one at a time,etc. Uggh!

I agree - we APs are at a major disadvantage because we are placed in the pool with all the non resort guests. I would prefer 45 days out for APs.

PigletIsMyCat

Original Poster
i remember being frustrated by a lot of things as an AP when i lived 8 miles from DAK. then i remember that I LIVED 8 MILES FROM DAK. it was frustrating that we couldn't wake up one morning and say, 'hey, let's eat at disney' because there wouldn't be any ADRs left. i don't know how i'd feel now with the fp+ system. but it looks like, if you're flexible, stuff changes and opens up daily - i've been able to get TWO fp+ for the mine train now, and have been able to juggle them around to fit what i wanted exactly.

gsrjedi

We just booked for a trip in November looking for 2 people showed no availability, but looking for one we each got one around 9 at night. Then, by checking like 5 minutes later I was able to change them both to 11 in the morning. It's weird how this system works

Tinkerbell 8

I am going to MK on 11/7 and I went on to book my FP+ at midnight on my 60 day mark and was also unable to get the FP+ for mine train. I kept trying multiple times the next 2 days and was able to get one, and at exactly the right time. I think you just have to keep trying every day until something opens up as people change their plans. I am still looking for an Anna and Elsa FP+ for that day.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I now have 2 booked for our trip 10/28-11/9. I got the 1st one at my 60 day mark and last week I was able to get another for our last night in the world. I think I could have done a 3rd as well on one of my days but the time/day was not ideal. So just keep trying! :)

wdwjmp239

The first couple of weeks SDMT was open, I saw wait times climb into the 115-130 min range. That's just sick to wait that long for a ride and FPs were impossible to get. But, seeing we how live "around the corner" from Disney (actually, we live 3 hrs away from Disney), we waited and my wife wound up getting the fastpasses in advance for our September trip that we just took and she, I think, booked another round of Fastpasses for when we go back in December.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom