Peter's Awe-Inspiring Conquest of California on a Budget

MinnieM123

Premium Member
On the plane home to South Florida and the flight is on time (early actually). Both my parents decided to come get me at the Fort Lauderdale airport for when we land. I took our local equivalent to Metrolink and Caltrain a commuter rail called Tri-Rail, serving the tri-county

Safe travels home. It's good to know that your parents will come to get you at Fort Lauderdale Airport; it will be nice for a change, to know that others will take care of your transportation, once you arrive in FL. I imagine you've had enough "adventures" with all the various transportation modes you took on your CA trip.

It's too bad that you could not make it to the Disney Museum on your last day there. That was a kind gesture you made to offer your museum ticket to another person at the hostel; at least someone else could enjoy the museum.

PeterAlt

Original Poster
Plane just landed in Ft. Lauderdale. My ride home never left home in West Palm Beach. Looks like I'll be waiting on another train!

EDIT - It's an hour drive from the Fort Lauderdale airport to where I live in suburban West Palm Beach. West Palm Beach has its own (smaller) airport and Jet Blue is native there but air tickets to San Francisco were a lot cheaper if you flew out of Fort Lauderdale.

Last edited:

PeterAlt

Original Poster
More drama. Since it's a holiday, Tri-Rail's last northbound train was 10:30. Parents are coming to the rescue, but they won't get here for at least an hour!

I just parked myself next to a wall outlet inside the airport to at least have all my devices charge as I wait...

While, you may think I am probably really stressed and undergoing a total nervous breakdown by now, I'm actually surprisingly chill and relaxed right now. Maybe this latest hurdle hasn't really soaked in or that I've come to expect these things by now as routine and accept it as one of the inconveniences in life you have no control over and just deal with it.

PeterAlt

Original Poster
Safe travels home. It's good to know that your parents will come to get you at Fort Lauderdale Airport; it will be nice for a change, to know that others will take care of your transportation, once you arrive in FL. I imagine you've had enough "adventures" with all the various transportation modes you took on your CA trip.

It's too bad that you could not make it to the Disney Museum on your last day there. That was a kind gesture you made to offer your museum ticket to another person at the hostel; at least someone else could enjoy the museum.
Despite the fact that there were multiple hurdles, I pronounce the trip a success. Did anyone actually think I was going to get everything I planned to do done? I ended up doing everything except DFM and even did a major event that was never originally planned. There were hurdles, delays, unforeseen inconveniences, and close-calls, sure, but nothing stopped the overall plan. I call that pretty darn successful, especially when all the odds were pretty much against me!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Despite the fact that there were multiple hurdles, I pronounce the trip a success. Did anyone actually think I was going to get everything I planned to do done? I ended up doing everything except DFM and even did a major event that was never originally planned. There were hurdles, delays, unforeseen inconveniences, and close-calls, sure, but nothing stopped the overall plan. I call that pretty darn successful, especially when all the odds were pretty much against me!
Well done, Sir.
I tip my hat to your adventures.

PeterAlt

Original Poster
I'm home. My cat Pebbles tried to hold me down so couldn't go anywhere. I kept saying, "I'm not going anywhere! I'm not going anywhere!" But I don't think she understood because she got real emotional and wouldn't let me move!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm home. My cat Pebbles tried to hold me down so couldn't go anywhere. I kept saying, "I'm not going anywhere! I'm not going anywhere!" But I don't think she understood because she got real emotional and wouldn't let me move!

Welcome home. Glad to hear you finally made it! I'd guess about 2 days of sleep are on your agenda now, after the pace you kept up for days out in CA! ;)

PeterAlt

Original Poster
A question for the moderators:

Maybe we can copy the DL content of this thread and put it in the relevant trip report sections?

EDIT - But it must be stressed that what I do is not recommended for people with children and family groups.

PeterAlt

Original Poster
I'm going to be having random after thoughts for days. Get used to it. Here's some already...

I've heard people say that the OLC is actually better than TDA. After seeing how everything is so shining and new looking with all and even brand new and modernized special effects working (except for Splash Mountain), I can't possibly see how the OLC could keep TDL in even better shape than how TDA is doing!

PeterAlt

Original Poster
San Jose is going to really drive me crazy. Why? Because I saw things at the train station I swear I saw many months before. And this was my first time in Northen California. So, how could I have possibly seen these things?!

One possibly is that I dreamt it. If I dreamt it, that means the human mind is capable of seeing beyond itself, which by itself very spooky!

Another possibly is that I remember seeing a documentary about the homeless and scitzofranic people of California. It's possible that the documentary told the story of a homeless scitzofranic woman living in the San Jose Transit Center (whom I saw there and triggered by feelings of déjà vu).

If the later is the case, I must find this documentary for closure on this so I could stop being spooked out!

MOXOMUMD

San Jose is going to really drive me crazy. Why? Because I saw things at the train station I swear I saw many months before. And this was my first time in Northen California. So, how could I have possibly seen these things?!

One possibly is that I dreamt it. If I dreamt it, that means the human mind is capable of seeing beyond itself, which by itself very spooky!

Another possibly is that I remember seeing a documentary about the homeless and scitzofranic people of California. It's possible that the documentary told the story of a homeless scitzofranic woman living in the San Jose Transit Center (whom I saw there and triggered by feelings of déjà vu).

If the later is the case, I must find this documentary for closure on this so I could stop being spooked out!
Aliens!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom