A Disney 50th Birthday Celebration...

yensid67

...is 'OFFICIALLY' in the final planning stages.
I will be 50 years YOUNG on August 10, 2017, since I am a HALF CENTURY old, I am going to celebrate the best way I know how! Not with an Over the Hill Party, not just yet anyways, but by spending an awesome week in my most favorite place to be...WALT DISNEY WORLD!
Our plans are we will be flying from Hagerstown, MD(12/4-11/2017) to Sanford, FL picking up an Alamo Rental Car; heading to a different hotel this time around, The Rosen at Pointe Orlando, right in the middle of everything we want to do and its nice that the Helicopter Ride is next door! We will be spending 2 days at Disney, Magic Kingdom and Epcot and 2 days at Sea World.
But this time around for Disney we will be making reservations for attractions BEFORE we leave home using My Disney Experience and then transferring them to our tickets. We are going to try to have this trip planned a little better than last trip.
Hope this trip is the best ever!

RMichael21

...is 'OFFICIALLY' in the final planning stages.
I will be 50 years YOUNG on August 10, 2017, since I am a HALF CENTURY old, I am going to celebrate the best way I know how! Not with an Over the Hill Party, not just yet anyways, but by spending an awesome week in my most favorite place to be...WALT DISNEY WORLD!
Our plans are we will be flying from Hagerstown, MD(12/4-11/2017) to Sanford, FL picking up an Alamo Rental Car; heading to a different hotel this time around, The Rosen at Pointe Orlando, right in the middle of everything we want to do and its nice that the Helicopter Ride is next door! We will be spending 2 days at Disney, Magic Kingdom and Epcot and 2 days at Sea World.
But this time around for Disney we will be making reservations for attractions BEFORE we leave home using My Disney Experience and then transferring them to our tickets. We are going to try to have this trip planned a little better than last trip.
Hope this trip is the best ever!
I honestly find that 2 days at Sea World is a little much. The only reason why I would go back for a second day is to see the 1 or 2 shows that I missed. Inwould spend 1 day at Seaworld, 1 at MK, 1 at Epcot, 1 at either AK and DHS or Aquatica if you still want to stick to SeaWorld and then 1 at Seaworld. Either way, you'll have a great trip.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
Sounds good - but....

Why not a Disney Resort Hotel ? (Special occasion = Special Hotel)

To let you know we are adult friends(50 & 59) with no kids so we have to look at the 'adult side' of Disney

That being said, we decided that we wouldn't use the extra magic hours and other perks just to have a place to sleep, that is why we chose the Pointe Orlando hotel. For us a stay in a Disney hotel doesn't have the same apeal as saving money. But Thanks for your comment.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
I honestly find that 2 days at Sea World is a little much. The only reason why I would go back for a second day is to see the 1 or 2 shows that I missed. Inwould spend 1 day at Seaworld, 1 at MK, 1 at Epcot, 1 at either AK and DHS or Aquatica if you still want to stick to SeaWorld and then 1 at Seaworld. Either way, you'll have a great trip.

1 Day at Sea World will be for doing the rides and shows, the 2nd day will be for taking the tours for Penquins and Dolphins and then using the rest of the day to either do some repeat rides and shows or use it a short day and do other things like shopping or helicopter ride. Thanks for the comment

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
Never tried a helicopter tour? How much does it cost and how long are they for?

I never did a helicopter ride either until May 2013 Disney trip. Since we didn't know if we would like it, we opted to take a 3 minute ride around Sea World and I Drive areas for $24 per person, that includes a $4 fuel surcharge per person. There are many companies, but the one that we like is FlyFlorida located on I Drive across from Pointe Orlando Shopping area. They have many different tours from $20 up to $335. We are gonna take a longer ride over Disney Property for $89 per person. If you never have taken a copter ride and have wondered what it would be like, then this is a no brainer. For a first timer I would suggest the $20 ride then if you have time and you like it come back another day and take a longer tour!

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
Thanks, I too am going to fifty and I will be there in a couple of weeks ! Just might check it out ! YOLO

You sound like an adventurous type of person and if you don't mind flying, then a Helicopter ride with FlyOrlando is right up your alley! Make sure you have a good video camera...we will be buying a new one...Vivitar 787HD they are just like the Go Pro HD cameras but ALOT less expensive!

Please send me a private message and let me know what you think of the helicopter ride!(if you do it)

-Will°O°

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom