EPCOT Entertainment cuts

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Its understandable why some people have the "wait and see" approach when we get news like this but I dont understand what it will take for them to realize that these type of decisions are ONLY based on saving money. It is not about keeping Epcot fresh, it is not about offering a better experience for the guest. It is strictly cost saving. The best we now get from Disney is a lateral move, not advancement. I respect that some folks try and see things in a positive light, but at some point youve just got to look at the big picture and stop fooling yourself. As @PhotoDave219 said, "enough".

Its not about saving Off Kilter, not about saving Maelstrom or Fife and Drum or Push. Its about realizing how long these type of cuts or replacements have been made with absolutely nothing better EVER coming out of it. We only continue to see mediocrity and it gets raving applause by those who do not know any better or never had the chance to experience better quality (mostly the average guest)

DisUniversal

With the news of "Offkilter" being 'axed', my wife and I have decided to make an extra trip (before they fold-up the tent). If there is a reversal, well great, if not, then we will be there one last time (and it is a heck of an excuse to head back down to the 'World'), can you say, bonus trip. We will surely miss them though.
"Extra trip". Wonder how many are doing that...perhaps it's all part of their evil plan!!! :)

On a related note, wonder how many would make an extra trip if they were replacing the iconic train garden...

wdw71fan

Its understandable why some people have the "wait and see" approach when we get news like this but I dont understand what it will take for them to realize that these type of decisions are ONLY based on saving money. It is not about keeping Epcot fresh, it is not about offering a better experience for the guest. It is strictly cost saving. The best we now get from Disney is a lateral move, not advancement. I respect that some folks try and see things in a positive light, but at some point youve just got to look at the big picture and stop fooling yourself. As @PhotoDave219 said, "enough".

Its not about saving Off Kilter, not about saving Maelstrom or Fife and Drum or Push. Its about realizing how long these type of cuts or replacements have been made with absolutely nothing better EVER coming out of it. We only continue to see mediocrity and it gets raving applause by those who do not know any better or never had the chance to experience better quality (mostly the average guest)

'Then stop paying to visit... That's the only way to express your distaste with how the company is running things..

These aren't entertainment cuts.. This entire change revolves around 18 months of guest satisfaction survey's.. Shows come and go.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
'Then stop paying to visit... That's the only way to express your distaste with how the company is running things..

These aren't entertainment cuts.. This entire change revolves around 18 months of guest satisfaction survey's.. Shows come and go.
lol. So after 18 months of guest surveys they come up with a lumberjack show and a celtic band? Glad to know that it takes a year and a half to drum up that type of magical plan. lmao

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Just had it pretty much confirmed.

Directly attributed to entertainment budget cut.

Yeah....

SirLink

Statistics can prove anything though. "Guest satisfaction" can be led down any old pony to get the answers that the management wants to entertain. "Would you like a new show in UK" ... doesn't mean complete replacement just tweak the act present.

But the correct response would be for BoD too alter the managerial structure of TDO ... so their aren't 4 different "VPs" of parks.

Animaniac93-98

It took 18 months of marketing research to justify dropping the fife and drum corps in favor of nothing?

NewfieFan

Can someone explain to me what the difference is with the third-party acts and what was currently there. Both acts would have contracts, no? And both have to be paid by Disney, no? Are the third-party acts cheaper?

PhotoDave219

Can someone explain to me what the difference is with the third-party acts and what was currently there. Both acts would have contracts, no? And both have to be paid by Disney, no? Are the third-party acts cheaper?

Yes they are cheaper. The current acts are under a contract (Actor's Equity) and one tidbit of that contract is that they get a raise every year.

I_heart_Tigger

"Extra trip". Wonder how many are doing that...perhaps it's all part of their evil plan!!! :)

Ack! No! You're giving them more ideas! :eek:

Next thing you know Disney announces that HM will close on January 15th. People flock to WDW to see it one last time. Then Disney says that because of the overwhelming support of the attraction they decided not to close it. Disney gets a bunch of $$$ from people planning that "one last trip", people that went feel awesome because they think that they had a hand in keeping HM alive...errr...dead and Disney execs laugh maniacally while twisting their evil moustaches because they never planned to close it anyway.

Dubman

I wish they would have waited till the Food & Wine Festival ended to end Off Kilters run. They will be missed. :(

Definitely will not be the same walking by Canada

DisUniversal

Ack! No! You're giving them more ideas! :eek:

Next thing you know Disney announces that HM will close on January 15th. People flock to WDW to see it one last time. Then Disney says that because of the overwhelming support of the attraction they decided not to close it. Disney gets a bunch of $$$ from people planning that "one last trip", people that went feel awesome because they think that they had a hand in keeping HM alive...errr...dead and Disney execs laugh maniacally while twisting their evil moustaches because they never planned to close it anyway.
Not to mention the run on Haunted Mansion themed merchandise that will likely coincide with everyone's trip to see HM before it closes forever!!

FigmentFreak

Name three things in World Showcase as iconic as Off-Kilter or the World Showcase Players.

They may not be the HM of EPCOT, but there **** sure equivalent to the PeopleMover.

What about Miyuki and making her sugar candy....gone. She was a must watch, multiple times every trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom