Tables in Wonderland Question

squidward

Original Poster
As an annual passholder, I have purchased the TiW card for several years. I did not renew my AP this year. Going in July, we rented points from a DVC member. The reservation has my name on it. Would I, or the owner of the points, be able to purchase the TiW card for me as a DVC member even though I'm not?

squidward

Original Poster
Welllllll - can you present your DVC member card? Or does your name match the one on the DVC contract? A DVC member COULD purchase a TIW card - and upon use, the Restaurant will check the name on the card against the name of the paying guest :).

I'll take that as a no.

I'm trying to weigh out if it's worth purchasing 1 AP instead of 10 day park hopper just to get the TiW card. We tend to save about $500 a year with it. It used to be a no brainer but the cost of AP's has gotten so ridiculous, not such an easy decision any ore.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
No you cannot get the TIW unless you are the actual DVC member. You need a DVC membership card and your ID when purchasing the TIW card.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Well, you can get one if you're an AP holder. I always order mine on the phone with my AP ID number.
Yes you are correct AP and DVC can both get one. :). I have yet to get one though myself. For us me and DH doing the math of dining plan vs. TIW being we usually only do 1 trip in a year, the dining plan fairs out better for us or ends up even. :)

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
What we do to save money on our APs and TiW because we visit the World every year around the same time is to alternate the week each year. So this year we go a week later than usual, and we'll buy our APs and TiW this year. Then next year we'll go a week earlier, so the AP and Tiw are still both good and we don't need to purchase any tickets or TiW at all.

Two years for the price of one year. Saves a bundle for us.

Have fun!

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I'll take that as a no.

I'm trying to weigh out if it's worth purchasing 1 AP instead of 10 day park hopper just to get the TiW card. We tend to save about $500 a year with it. It used to be a no brainer but the cost of AP's has gotten so ridiculous, not such an easy decision any ore.
Well, an AP is about $200 more than the 10 day park hopper, so if you save over $500 with the TiW, then you would still save over $300 by upgrading to an AP and purchasing the TiW. In addition, if you decide on a trip the next year, just make it a little earlier while the AP is still good, and then the TiW will still be good as well. Saves you money on both trips.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom