Pre-Trip Halloween, a birthday and Christmas! The ever-changing planning of our November 2014 trip!

Hello everyone!

This is a spur of the moment thing since I've never done a trip report before, much less a pre-trip report! But some of you guys seems so nice that I finally decided to bit the bullet and start my PTR.

We went to Disney this past February and on our last day, after much crying and wishing I could just say screw the world, I'm moving to my room on POFQ permanently, we decided that we'd be coming back ASAP. As we set there waiting for the shuttle to take us to the airport I already had my phone calendar opened and we're looking around dates. Would we want to come back in February? Could we afford a trip as big as this one knowing we had a trip to Italy planned for the end of the year already? After much talking (we did have a 11 hour plane ride home after all!) we decided on November 2014. Over 600 days away! Both the MNSSHP and MVMCP played a big part on our decision and after we finally set on our dates we finally could breathe a bit better, we're coming back to our second home!

Last edited:

stevehousse

So exciting! I think out of all of those Kona Cafe for breakfast is my fav! It was our favorite new place we tried last year! The tonga toast and Samoa were to die for! We r trying to do it again!

It's so relieving getting that taken care of isn't it! :)

LucyK

Original Poster
I'm going away for a few days, small vacation with my friends to the south of Brazil (hopefully we'll see some snow!) and I'll be back next Sunday night.

Have a great week everyone and if you're next to your ADR date, good luck!

FlaggNL

Great that your time in Brazil was great! Maybe (I know it is off topic) some pictures for us here :) Still enjoy the planning :)

mrdrift

Now that you had a mini vacation has there been any changes to the big Disney Vacation or is it all going as planned? The mini vacation sounds like it was a wonderful time but no pictures?

Last edited:

Tinkerbella16

Hey! I just came across this! You are on the Dis November facebook page right?!! I didn't know you were staying at POFQ, so are we!!! Stop and say hello if we happen cross paths!!! We will be there nov 12-18th!!!

LucyK

Original Poster
keep-calm-only-99-days-to-go-8.png

We're now officially under 100 days!! 3 months and 1 week before we get to Orlando.

I desperately need a vacation, as you can see from the lack of updates life has been hectic and I've been working on weekends which is not the norm for me.

But on with the good news:

Yesterday I made my final payment to Disney and now I belong to the all paid off club, what an amazing feeling! We still own a few hundreds to Universal and I'm still on the look out for a good airfare promotion. Plane tickets prices are absurd right now, prohibitive almost. So I'm waiting till August to see if they go down otherwise I'll bite the bullet and buy them anyway because I don't want to be stuck at the end of the economic class because all the good seats are taken.

I also added a day to my Disney stay, we now leave on Nov/22nd and I changed my ADRs around a little.

OH and this must be shared! So back when Disney changed EMH for Magic Kingdom I sent them an email saying how they were messing up with plans already made and how changing stuff after we had already passed our 180 days was not the brightest idea. So this past Wednesday they called me to address my concerns about EMH changes. I was so surprised about them calling me I thought it was a trick and it was my cousin calling! But nope, real deal, they called to ask how my plans are affected and after telling the CM I decided to buy hopper to make my plans work, she offered to cover the extra money I'd spent with them. I was shocked and did tell her I was not asking for it and she said they would be more than happy to do that.

Lots and lots of pixie dust happening this time around, this is gonna be an awesome trip!

stevehousse

Omg what a nice suprise!!! And so glad u r paid in full! I am still waiting for more money to come in to finish paying that and plane tickets! I have te problem reversed though! Plane tickets for me right now are super cheap but I don't hve the money to coverte cost right now! I hope they don't jump up when it's time to finally purchase!

LucyK

Original Poster
Oh Steve, I hope the prices stay low for as long as you need! I've been watching those prices like a hawk but they are even climbing and no sign of slowing down.

Last year we got our tickets for as low as $750 each but right now prices are almost double that. I sure hope it comes down at least to $900.

LucyK

Original Poster
Happy birthday to me, Harry Potter and JK Rowling!!

tumblr_m803uoggQw1qdqlhzo1_r1_500.gif

90 days to go!

I've purchased my plane tickets this past week! I paid a little more than I wanted to but II'm happy with having one more thing crossed from my list.

Anyone else interested in the food&wine premium package? For me it's a good deal with the thematic magic band, bottle of wine and $50 gift card.

Last edited:

LucyK

Original Poster
Good morning! The big six-oh is here! Okay, not really, we make our FP+ reservations in 10 days actually, since we only check-in at a Disney resort on November 9th but today we're officially 60 days away from our vacation! 2 months people! This is getting so close I can almost taste it LOL

A few updates:

- paid off Universal and got all my travel documents
- arranged a house/pet sitter. This has really helped my freaking out over this trip. My little shih-tzu has not been eating well. He's 12 and the vet said he's slowing down because of age and the non-eating thing is normal because he's losing his teeth (he still is adorable as ever but looks so funny without his front teeth). So we had to arrange a special sitter, with some veterinarian background. I hope everything goes well.
- got all my suitcases out of the closet. Yes people, I pack early!

SO... I'm one of those 'dumb' people who bought the Villain's Soiree thingy. Yes, how dare I give even more money to Disney? Am I really that stupid? How could I? You know, this whole thing gets pretty annoying after a while. Who cares what I do with my own money? I saw something I'd like to attend, I got the money to buy tickets for it, why wouldn't I? Hey, Disney is in for the money like any other business model. So why don't people back off and stop calling those who are attending the event idiots? It's the main reason I've been away from this board lately; it has become too much like that other board. /rant

Okay guys, this is it for today! I hope to talk to you soon, for the crazy FP+ dance!

njDizFan

Good morning! The big six-oh is here! Okay, not really, we make our FP+ reservations in 10 days actually, since we only check-in at a Disney resort on November 9th but today we're officially 60 days away from our vacation! 2 months people! This is getting so close I can almost taste it LOL

A few updates:

- paid off Universal and got all my travel documents
- arranged a house/pet sitter. This has really helped my freaking out over this trip. My little shih-tzu has not been eating well. He's 12 and the vet said he's slowing down because of age and the non-eating thing is normal because he's losing his teeth (he still is adorable as ever but looks so funny without his front teeth). So we had to arrange a special sitter, with some veterinarian background. I hope everything goes well.
- got all my suitcases out of the closet. Yes people, I pack early!

SO... I'm one of those 'dumb' people who bought the Villain's Soiree thingy. Yes, how dare I give even more money to Disney? Am I really that stupid? How could I? You know, this whole thing gets pretty annoying after a while. Who cares what I do with my own money? I saw something I'd like to attend, I got the money to buy tickets for it, why wouldn't I? Hey, Disney is in for the money like any other business model. So why don't people back off and stop calling those who are attending the event idiots? It's the main reason I've been away from this board lately; it has become too much like that other board. /rant

Okay guys, this is it for today! I hope to talk to you soon, for the crazy FP+ dance!
Oh no not the villians soiree thing...how dare you!!!

Sounds awesome keep us updated

LucyK

Original Poster
FP+ is... not a true PITA like I thought they'd be!

I was wide awake at 1AM and had all my priorities listed down. In the end it was a very easy processes and we got everything we wanted/needed, including Festival Of Fantasy Parade and 7DTM in all our MK days. I wasn't able o get a reservation for October 31st for 7DTM, but waits during the party are minimal and we can ride before our seating at the soiree.

Only 46 more days before we get on that plane! It's getting so close now!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom