Things to do in the parks when its crowded.

JIMINYCR

Crowded parks and long lines definitely challenge my park plans but I still am able to enjoy the day. I spend the time doing things I might not otherwise do. Like taking time to look at the building architecture and windows on Main street, flower gardens, people watch, take in the less than exciting rides I normally would skip, ride the train the entire circuit, watch the street performers, look for hidden mickeys, scavenger hunt. Theres lots you can do that can get your mind off of how miserable the crowds are and instead make the day a success. I never feel like I need to abandon the parks, theres always something that can stimulate me and allow me to have a fun Disney day.

JasonDeyoung

I enjoy a nice afternoon at the pool or a afternoon in dtd, maybe hit up a spa for a massage or they have great golf courses as well

mergatroid

Explore the resorts. There are over 20. Explore Ft Wilderness. Lots to do there. Wouldn't really recommend DtD right now with all the construction, but will be nice in a few years. Visit your pool. Rent a boat and explore Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. There is so much more than just the parks at Disney that a lot of folks just either don't know about or don't research enough to find out about them.

This. A wonderful way to pass some time, get some great views and just feel relaxed and peaceful :cool:

Monkee Girl

I am NOT a crowd person...as much as I love Disney, I hate people! Just kidding...But I do get a slight claustrophobic when I am in a large group of people (think a gift shop when it rains). Some things I do to get a breather are:

1. hit the museums in Epcot. The one in Norway and Morocco are always quiet and gives you something to look at different from the normal Disney fare.

2. Hit the lesser liked attractions such as Hall of Presidents, American Adventure, Rio Del Tiemp (I know...Blasphemy...but I do like this ride)

3. go take a nap! I know not everyone can do this but if you are staying at a resort (especially on the Monorail loop) just get out of their in the middle of the day. I did this last year and worked like a charm...I'd get to the park early and head back around noon for a nap, pool visit, or whatever and then head back for where ever we are having Dinner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom