$50 Mickey Gift Cards Discontinued at Target.com :(

Chernaboggles

Original Poster
Just went on Target's website and noticed that the $50 Mickey gift card is GONE. I called customer service and the rep said it looked like the item was discontinued. She couldn't tell me anything about why they no longer carry it, but I know a lot of people use it. I suppose Disney figured out the loophole. :(

Chernaboggles

Original Poster
Edited title to say target.com, not straight up target. The associate I spoke with said the item was discontinued, but it's true we were speaking specifically about the website.

Chernaboggles

Original Poster
I think the point is, at target you can get 5% off if you use your red card.

Yes, that was the point. It's not that Disney gift cards aren't available, it's that they're not offered on Target.com and may be on their way out in stores. A lot of people use the 5% discount trick.

Also, there was a fairly recent discussion on here about earning target giftcards via sites like Swagbucks, and then buying the Disney gift cards with them. That's why I felt it was worth mentioning.

PigletIsMyCat

bought $50 Disney gift cards at my local target within the past 4 days. they were available at every checkout lane. I hope they don't get rid of them - the 5% makes a difference! i buy them all the time.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I hope they don't get rid of them either. I paid for my vacation & my 8 day park hopper at a 5% discount thanks to Target.

Sam's club sells discounted gift cards too but I don't think it's quite 5%

Chernaboggles

Original Poster
bought $50 Disney gift cards at my local target within the past 4 days. they were available at every checkout lane. I hope they don't get rid of them - the 5% makes a difference! i buy them all the time.

The closest Target to me is about 35 miles away, so I do a lot of shopping online. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing or, at worst, they're going to an in-store-only model. That would be inconvenient for me but no big deal in the grand scheme.

I'm wary, though, because other several other gift card types are listed as "in store only", whereas the Disney card is just totally gone from the site.

PigletIsMyCat

like others have said, the big box stores sometimes have them. a couple of the local costcos i've visited *do not* have disney gift cards, but a local BJs does. a friend who shops there told me that $100 of disney gift cards costs around $96 - not quite as good as a flat 5%, but better than nothing. you can often find 'one day passes' online to see if your local costco/BJs/sams has them in stock since target is so far for you. or just save save save and make a trip to target once a month or something.

HRHPrincessAriel

I never knew about the Target this TBH. We get GC's at our grocery store when they offer 4x fuel points. $200 gift card gets us .80 cents off a gallon. That's a little over $20 savings for DH's truck. Much higher than the 5%

Chernaboggles

Original Poster
I never knew about the Target this TBH. We get GC's at our grocery store when they offer 4x fuel points. $200 gift card gets us .80 cents off a gallon. That's a little over $20 savings for DH's truck. Much higher than the 5%

I do the same when my grocery store offers that promotion, but it only seems to show up around the holidays. Last year I bought gift cards to pay for our annual passes and got to fill up my whole gas tank for a grand total of 19 cents! The cashier was scandalized. ;)

HRHPrincessAriel

I do the same when my grocery store offers that promotion, but it only seems to show up around the holidays. Last year I bought gift cards to pay for our annual passes and got to fill up my whole gas tank for a grand total of 19 cents! The cashier was scandalized. ;)
Ours has done it two times this summer. DH makes fun of me because ANY store I know we are about to go shopping at I make him stop so we can get a GC. Same with going out to eat!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom